Re: Sad news

Arthur Grun

Most sincere condolences from the very small UK Donauschwaben community. His work and those of others have contributed so much to the likes of myself in better understanding our heritage.
Best Regards
Arthur Grun

On Wed, 16 Dec 2020 at 17:50, Timothy Ottinger <ottinger515@...> wrote:
My deepest condolences.  It was the Banat List that started me on the journey of discovering my heritage.

Judy Brassinger Ottinger

On Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 12:39:11 PM EST, Steve Herold <steveh@...> wrote:

My cousin, Bob Madler, 92, died in his sleep over the weekend.  Bob started the Banat  mailing list in 1995.  Bob wasn’t technical but somehow he got a local service provider to start the list.  Bob did an outstanding job of nurturing and financing the list in its early days.
I forget the year but at The Donauschwaben Heritage Celebration in Mt. Angel, Oregon, Dave Dreyer, John Michels, and Bob Madler were given awards in recognition of their outstanding contributions to the Donauschwaben community.

Steve Herold