As a friend remarked;
"when someone gives you lemons-----make make lemonade"

Dave Dreyer

On Thursday, February 25, 2021, 10:21:01 AM PST, Sue Young <sforslev@...> wrote:

That reminds me of my great grandmother Mary Krich (Marianna Weber from Jahrmarkt). When Mom was a kid they lived right by a dairy in the Mayfair neighborhood in Chicago. Milk was delivered by horse and wagon (1930's) and one neighbor was so mad about the poop that she took a bucket of it and dumped it in the dairy office! Not Grandma - like a typical Banater she shovelled it up and put it on her garden.

Sue Forslev Young

On Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 6:56 PM Dave Dreyer <ddreyer@...> wrote:
Russ,

I found your account of gathering horse dung off the street very interesting.  It brought to mind a somewhat related story having to do with Banaters.
These guys were super agriculturalists and they appreciated value of such plant aid.
The story recounts an incident whereby a horse and wagon pulls into a farm yard to deliver a wagonload of some product.  In the course of delivering the wagon load of whatever the wagon was caring the horse left a pile of dung.  The lady of the house comes out to gather up the treasure  Whereupon she gets into an argument with the teamster over ownership.  He claims it was his property since it came from his horse while she claims it belongs to her since it is in her courtyard.

Dave