Re: Translation

dakotagirl

Thanks everyone for your time and assistance!!

On Apr 26, 2021, at 6:13 AM, Brett Mayer <dakotagirl@...> wrote:

Thank you everyone, I truly appreciate the help and time spent!!

On Apr 25, 2021, at 9:08 PM, Cathy Reece <cre29ece@...> wrote:

Rudolf,
I think your translation is wonderful— a few of the words in mine are slightly different, but your has a poetic rhythm when I read it.
Cathy

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 9:27 AM Rudolf Huepfl via groups.io <huepfl=chello.at@groups.io> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 04:17 AM, dakotagirl wrote:
Found my great grandmother’s Bible/hymnal and she had this passage marked. Can anyone help me translate?

Well, let me try; but it will not be nice English. Rudolf

And now my friends and relatives,
all those who are present here,
and all who are knows to me,
Those who have escorted me to the my grave,
Oh, remember me,
even when I am no more with you.
O Lord! into the hands of your father I commend my spirits,
turn Your gracious eye towards me,
have mercy on my soul,
when you sit in court,
do not cast off your creature