Re: next question

Thomas

It is really a large amount
About 1750 the earnings of a year: about 50 - 100 Taler (teacher), 70 Taler (Carpenter).
1 Gulden = 2/3 Taler
1280 Gulden = 853 Taler = the earnings of about 8-16 Years.

see also

greetings from Germany
Thomas (Makkos)

------------------------------
Thomas Makkos
86167 Augsburg
------------------------------
Email: thomas@...

Am Do., 6. Mai 2021 um 08:28 Uhr schrieb Karoly Hajdu <karoly.hajdu@...>:

Calculated on a gold background:

1 Gulden (Forint) = 0,765 gr Gold (in 18th century)
1 gr Gold = 57,7878 USD (this morning exchange rate)
1 Gulden = about 44 USD
1280 Gulden = about 56,5 thousand USD

Greetings,
Károly Hajdu