Re: Banaters in Chicago

Sue Young

The Chicago group has a web site, http://www.donauchicago.com/ . I don't think my family was active in it at all, they came to Chicago just after 1900. They were active in the German community in Lincoln Park and later in the Mayfair neighborhood although I found a census record that my Grandpa Krich was working at a blacksmith shop in west Rogers Park in 1910. He became a cement mason when cars came in.

Sue Young (Krich/Weber)

On Sun, Jun 6, 2021 at 3:21 PM Fran Matkovich <mjm1021@...> wrote:
Also be aware that there are still active Donauschwaben Clubs in Chicago, St. Louis, Cincinnati, and many other US towns.

Fran Matkovich

On Jun 6, 2021, at 2:05 PM, Michele <michele@...> wrote:

Thank you, Fran, for this information. My family settled in the Lincoln Park area, and I'm looking forward to finding some of the books you recommended.

Michele