Re: Baptism certificate translation

Kathy Plourde

Thank you, Karoly, for your help with this.  On-line translation apps don’t seem to work very well for Hungarian and the handwriting is beautiful but hard for me to decipher.

Kathy

On Jul 18, 2021, at 1:21 PM, Karoly Hajdu <karoly.hajdu@...> wrote:

Here you are.

„Baptismal memory for Johanna Marschall, who was baptized by Chaplain Ede Müller in the parish church of Temesvár-Józsefváros on July 27, 1901.

Godparents: István Pallai and Johanna Hanek”

Best regards,

Károly Hajdu

From Budapest

From: everybody@banat.groups.io <everybody@banat.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kathy Plourde via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, 18 July, 2021 17:40
To: everybody@banat.groups.io
Subject: [banat] Baptism certificate translation

Could anyone help me with the Hungarian text on this document? It is the baptismal certificate for my grandmother, Johanna Marschall. She was born on July 27, 1901 and her family lived in Temesvar-Elisabetin at Rusu Sirianu No 46.

It looks like she was baptized in a church in Temesvar-jozsefvaros and the god-parents are Istvan Pallai and Johanna Hanoss? Could Ede Mueller have been the priest? The word following Ede Mueller's name looks like Kaplan to me but I’m just guessing at this.

Kathy

<image001.png>