Re: St. Hubert Lookup

Karen Dalton Preston

Hi Donald,

It took some searching to locate my source for Anton’s marriage to Theresia WILLAR, but I finally found it in the Heimatbuch for St. Hubert, Charleville & Soltur, by Nikolaus Hess.

Here is a snapshot of the page with the info.  The data is organized by village and house # (the Schwarz family was at Soltur HNr 13), at the top of the page.

Here’s a translation, if you don’t speak German:

Schwarz Anton, [born] 26.07.1889 -shoemaker- died 22.09.1956 in Coburg, West Germany
wife:  Antonia, born Majer, 04.06.1894, - died 30.06.1894 Lünen
daughter:  Barbara, [born] 1921, [living at] 8635 Dörfles being Coburg, Sudetenstrasse 13 (the “8635" is the old format postal code for the town)
Schwarz Anton, [born] 1917, 4628 Lünen, Barbarastrasse 9
wife:  Theresia, born Willar
daughter:  Erna, [born] 1944, - died 1945 in the internment Camp at Charleville

 — it is interesting that the birthdates in the Heimatbuch are off by 1 day - the dates in the family book were taken from the baptism registers.  In some cases, the information in the Heimatbuch was provided by other family members.

Since we don’t have a marriage record for Anton & Theresia Willar, and we don’t know when or where they were married, we cannot know if she is the Theresia WILLAR in the St. Hubert family book.

I hope that gives you an answer.

Best regards,
—Karen

On Sep 29, 2021, at 12:18 PM, Donald Johnson - NOAA Federal via groups.io <donald.johnson@...> wrote:

The Anton Schwartz I was referring to was his son, S315.2, Anton "Jr.", I guess, *28.06.1918  Who married Theresia Willer/Willar.