Re: Are there any arrival records for emigrants returning to the Banat ? – pre / post WW1

Rudolf Huepfl

Ron, I fully agree with what has been already mentioned by Dave and David. What has helped me a lot in such cases were traveling documents released by US offices for such visits to the old homelands.
However, many of our Banaters spent only short time in the States to get some additional money for wedding and/our house construction; other found live in the States not suitable for them. Then we have the organisers who travelled foreward and back, each time to bring other falily members and friends and finally the returners to fight for the Emperor and later for Hitler. Unfortunately, there is little data available on such returners. It would facilitate a number of mixed-up data in many family trees.
Rudolf