From: Dave Dreyer <ddreyer@...>
To: everybody@banat.groups.io <everybody@banat.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Jan 4, 2022 1:20 pm
Subject: Re: [banat] #Franzfeld

Marcia Fay,

Those in contact with Jurgen Schuelz are likely much better informed than I am about the progress on a Franzfeld family book.  It is highly likely that the book will be published by the AVBF in which case Karen Preston of the Banat list will manage the ordering will make an announcement on the list  when it is available.
You must be getting a bit of snow in the last few days.

Dave Dreyer

On Tuesday, January 4, 2022, 06:56:34 AM PST, Andy Klein <kleiny1954@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Like Marcia, I too am eagerly awaiting the printing of the Family book on Franzfeld, being written by Dr Juergen Schuetz, who lives in Reutlingen. Back in early 2020, I was fortunate to receive a message from Dr Schuetz in connection with my ancestors who lived in Franzfeld; following contact via a third party and received some great insights into previously unknown ancestors of mine.

It seems to me that I am the only person living in the United Kingdom of Donauschwaben descent, especially whose ancestors lived in Franzfeld. I have managed to visit Franzfeld on two occasions, once in September 2018 for a few hours and again in Spring 2019, for a couple of days. During those visits, I found my Father’s old house, still standing and took some photographs. However the lady living in the house was less than welcoming and would not allow me to take any photos inside the house or allow me to take a handful of soil from the garden as a keepsake of my ancestors old home. Hopefully in the future this may be possible, if the house changes ownership?

Andy Klein

Sent from Kleiny’s iPad

On 4 Jan 2022, at 00:47, Marcia Fay (WAGENHALS) Cobb via groups.io <mfcobb1@...> wrote:

Dear Dave, we met at the Kaiser, Oregon meetings.  I would be very interested in J Schultz's Franzfeld Family Book when it becomes available.  Is there some way to make it known to J Schultz about my interest in the family book?  Or, will there be an announcement on email?

I have the Franzfeld Heimatbuch.  It has lots of info, however, it is in German and time consuming to translate certain passages. It does have a lengthy section of names, dates, etc. I have shared that section with several people.  Happy to see you still doing all you can to help people via email.

Happy New Year
"Marcia Fay" (WAGENHALS) Cobb
Newberg, Oregon