Re: pictures of my Banat ancestors

Patrice Halbach

My grandfather’s family were Jungs too but from Sigmundfeld and Zichydorf.  My grandfather, alas, deserted my grandmother and 6 children,leaving them in St. Paul, Minnesota, and resurfaced in Canada in 1928.  The family lore was always that he “hid out” with Canadian relatives.

I’m sure he never wanted to be found.  However, he didn’t reckon with Ancestry.Com which helped me trace him to a marriage certificate issued in Vancouver, BC in 1928.

My grandmother did outlive him by 40 years (I found his Canadian death certificate from 1943) so I guess there is some justice in this world.