1920 German Settlement Areas in Hungary #Maps

Cleaning out my storage space in the office, I ran across this map, probably given to me at one of the Mt. Angel Oregon Treffens, likely by Rosina or Dave. If it came to me by another person or route, my apologies. It has been in my possession for at least a decade, and just 'unearthed'.

In any case, the original is 23"x16.5" (58.42cm x 41.91cm), with the data based on "Das Deutschtum in Rumf - Ungarn" edited by Jakob Bleyer, Budapest, 1928. I also have a "Rumania" map of equal proportions. If there is interest in the Romania map, please let me know and I will scan it and re-size it.

The attached jpg is reduced to a manageable size of approx. 5"x3" (12.82cm x 8.03cm) at 1200PPI (pixels per inch) and is about 2.3 MB, so suitable for enlarging or viewing on a screen.

Enjoy!
--
David Preston
Banat List Admin

Betty Wagner

David:

I would love to get a copy of the map. Thanks in advance for doing this.

Betty Wagner

On 10/27/2021 2:46 PM, David Preston wrote:
[...]

Ricardo Hein

thank you very much David
good map, very clear

I'm also interested in the other one of Romania

kind regards from Montevideo-Uruguay

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 3:46 PM David Preston <banatmailer@...> wrote:
[...]

Nancy Breitfeller

Yes, please on scanning Romania!!

On Oct 27, 2021, at 3:24 PM, Ricardo Hein <ricardo.hein@...> wrote:

[...]

Dan Bowles

Romania, a definite yes!
Dan

A message from our cabin in the woods of northern Michigan!

On Oct 27, 2021, at 6:06 PM, Nancy Breitfeller <nancy.breitfeller@...> wrote:

[...]

Jocele Wild

For some reason unknown to me, I did not receive the original message from David, but only its responses. (This is not the 1st time this scenario has happened to me.) Thus, I have not seen the .jpg attachment of the Hungarian one with data based on "Das Deutschtum in Rumf - Ungarn". I am interested in it and even more interested in the one of Romania.

Greetings from autumnal Mexico City,

Jocele Wild

[...]

nelda petrusich

David -

I would be interested in the Romanian map.

I hope you guys are doing well. We are fine here, just busy. I have one more weekend to work and then the greenhouse closes for the winter so I will have more time to play with my other projects. I have taken up quilting and still doing genealogy. I have been working with a group transcribing polish church records. Then they are reviewed and corrected if needed. It is really helping me with my reading old writing.

Leah

On Wednesday, October 27, 2021, 02:46:23 PM EDT, David Preston <banatmailer@...> wrote:

[...]

Kathy Plourde

I’d like the Romanian map as well.

Thanks,

Kathy

On Oct 28, 2021, at 1:27 AM, nelda petrusich via groups.io <foundbutton@...> wrote:

[...]

Bobbi Schirado

I would also be interested in the Romanian map. Thank you so much David.

[...]

William Schwiegeraht

I would be interested in both the Hungarian and Romanian maps as I have ancestors in both areas.

Bill Schwiegeraht

joe schiller

I, too, would-like to see the Romanian map.  Thanks in advance.

Joe Schiller