#Databases #Databases

If you haven't already explored the Databases link on the left-hand side of the website navigations links, give it a try.

The first Database added is Dave Dreyer's Ships List, which is a compendium of Baltimore, Ellis Island, Galveston, Philadelphia and Canadian arrivals,  and Bremen departures for North America.

It will be kept updated; at at 43,000+ entries, the List can be a valuable help with your research.

Cheers,
--
David Preston
Banat List Admin

Helmuth Lock

Where is the Ships List?

1. Log onto  everybody@banat.groups.io
https://banat.groups.io/g/everybody

 2. Click on the  Database  Database
https://banat.groups.io/g/everybody/database

3.Click on Ships List  Ships List
https://banat.groups.io/g/everybody/table?id=27586

--
David Preston
Banat List Admin

Trish Stumpf Garcia

David,
Is there a way to advance search the Ships List database?  When I try a search and then flip through the pages, characters are added to the search terms and the search fails.  Very strange glitch; I've never seen that before.  Or are we supposed to export the info and search it on our computer?
Thanks,
Trish

Hi Trish,

I migrated the information over to the groups.io database feature, but it does not provide the advanced searching capabilities. I have not seen the issue you describe with the groups.io implementation, but I guess it depends upon the server loading and the Internet connection speed between you and the server. And, the groups.io system has a limitation on the number of entries; I found that out when I tried to migrate the Totenbuch to the groups.io database feature.

Anyway, you can try using the original database here:
https://www.village-records.org/ShipList/ShipData_list.php
It has advanced searching (via the gear icon), and you can sort the columns by clicking on the titles of any column. You can also search on multiple terms, i.e., last name and village to help narrow down the search results.

Cheers,
--
David Preston
Banat List Admin

Mike Mahler

I found this was very useful.  My family came from Segenthau and immigrated to Trenton, NJ. However, I'm not skilled at sorting or separating those areas of interest.