#Franzfeld #franzfeld

Suzie

Are there any plans for records for Franzfeld?  I have the two Franzfeld books, but need more information.

Have you checked the Franzfeld records that are on-line at Family Search (familysearch.org)?
--
David Preston
Banat List Admin

Juliana Henke

Hello David,
Sorry for the dumb question, but I've searched familysearch.org and I can't find the Franzfeld records. Could you give me a hint? Thank you!

Dave Dreyer

Juliana,

Apparently the Franzfeld records were not filmed by Trude and thus not in Salt Lake.  J Schulz is working on a Franzfeld Family book.
Who are you looking for?.  I have a modest amount of Franzfeld records especially from an older period..

Dave Dreyer

On Saturday, March 6, 2021, 03:39:29 PM PST, Juliana Henke <julhenke@...> wrote:

Hello David,
Sorry for the dumb question, but I've searched familysearch.org and I can't find the Franzfeld records. Could you give me a hint? Thank you!

Juliana Henke

I am looking for 5 Henke people that may or may not have connections with Franzfeld.
Georg (b. 1870) and 4 of their children Martin (b. 1893), Jakob (b. 1896), Karl (b. 1900) and Elizabetha (b. 1899). The four children were most likely born in Mramorak, but I know at least one of them had connections to Franzfeld.
Thank you so much!

Suzie

I have the Mramorak books. Do you need information from there?
Suzie

On Mar 7, 2021, at 8:24 PM, Juliana Henke <julhenke@...> wrote:

I am looking for 5 Henke people that may or may not have connections with Franzfeld.
Georg (b. 1870) and 4 of their children Martin (b. 1893), Jakob (b. 1896), Karl (b. 1900) and Elizabetha (b. 1899). The four children were most likely born in Mramorak, but I know at least one of them had connections to Franzfeld.
Thank you so much!

Karen Larson

Hello Dave,

I have been working with Rudolph Habenschuss to learn more about my grandfather Frank (Franz) Bauer, born 14 February, 1901 in Franzfeld. Franz was the son of Philip Bauer and Barbara Muller.  He told me so many Franzfeld records were lost or inaccessible that I would be unable to learn more about him. Do you have access to additional records?

Thank you so much,

Karen Larson

Apparently the Franzfeld records were not filmed by Trude and thus not in Salt Lake.  J Schulz is working on a Franzfeld Family book.

Who are you looking for?.  I have a modest amount of Franzfeld records especially from an older period..

Dave Dreyer

On Saturday, March 6, 2021, 03:39:29 PM PST, Juliana Henke <julhenke@...> wrote:

Hello David,
Sorry for the dumb question, but I've searched familysearch.org and I can't find the Franzfeld records. Could you give me a hint? Thank you!

Marcia Fay (WAGENHALS) Cobb

Dear Dave, we met at the Kaiser, Oregon meetings.  I would be very interested in J Schultz's Franzfeld Family Book when it becomes available.  Is there some way to make it known to J Schultz about my interest in the family book?  Or, will there be an announcement on email?

I have the Franzfeld Heimatbuch.  It has lots of info, however, it is in German and time consuming to translate certain passages. It does have a lengthy section of names, dates, etc. I have shared that section with several people.  Happy to see you still doing all you can to help people via email.

Happy New Year
"Marcia Fay" (WAGENHALS) Cobb
Newberg, Oregon

Apparently the Franzfeld records were not filmed by Trude and thus not in Salt Lake.  J Schulz is working on a Franzfeld Family book.
Who are you looking for?.  I have a modest amount of Franzfeld records especially from an older period..

Dave Dreyer
On Saturday, March 6, 2021, 03:39:29 PM PST, Juliana Henke <julhenke@...> wrote:

Hello David,
Sorry for the dumb question, but I've searched familysearch.org and I can't find the Franzfeld records. Could you give me a hint? Thank you!

Andy Klein

Hi Everyone,

Like Marcia, I too am eagerly awaiting the printing of the Family book on Franzfeld, being written by Dr Juergen Schuetz, who lives in Reutlingen. Back in early 2020, I was fortunate to receive a message from Dr Schuetz in connection with my ancestors who lived in Franzfeld; following contact via a third party and received some great insights into previously unknown ancestors of mine.

It seems to me that I am the only person living in the United Kingdom of Donauschwaben descent, especially whose ancestors lived in Franzfeld. I have managed to visit Franzfeld on two occasions, once in September 2018 for a few hours and again in Spring 2019, for a couple of days. During those visits, I found my Father’s old house, still standing and took some photographs. However the lady living in the house was less than welcoming and would not allow me to take any photos inside the house or allow me to take a handful of soil from the garden as a keepsake of my ancestors old home. Hopefully in the future this may be possible, if the house changes ownership?

Andy Klein

Sent from Kleiny’s iPad

On 4 Jan 2022, at 00:47, Marcia Fay (WAGENHALS) Cobb via groups.io <mfcobb1@...> wrote:

[...]

Marcia Fay,

Those in contact with Jurgen Schuelz are likely much better informed than I am about the progress on a Franzfeld family book.  It is highly likely that the book will be published by the AVBF in which case Karen Preston of the Banat list will manage the ordering will make an announcement on the list  when it is available.
You must be getting a bit of snow in the last few days.

Dave Dreyer

[...]

Greetings all,

I too eagerly await the arrival of the Franzfeld family book, but with limited excitement. I was told by a researcher, that parish records for Franzfeld only exist for the years of 1793-1835 and 1881-1895. I am desiring the birth record of my grandfather Franz Bauer, born 14 February, 1901, according to the family bible. Can anyone else confirm? Or have more records become available which I am not aware of?

Best regards and Happy New Year!

Karen Larson

Apparently the Franzfeld records were not filmed by Trude and thus not in Salt Lake.  J Schulz is working on a Franzfeld Family book.

Who are you looking for?.  I have a modest amount of Franzfeld records especially from an older period..

Dave Dreyer

On Saturday, March 6, 2021, 03:39:29 PM PST, Juliana Henke <julhenke@...> wrote:

Hello David,
Sorry for the dumb question, but I've searched familysearch.org and I can't find the Franzfeld records. Could you give me a hint? Thank you!

Karen Larson

Dear Marcia,

Please forgive my ignorance, as I am not new to genealogy research, but new to German family history research. What is the Franzfeld Heimatbuch?

My daughter lives not far from you in Happy Valley. I do love that genealogy research makes the world seem smaller.

Thank you,

Karen Larson

Apparently the Franzfeld records were not filmed by Trude and thus not in Salt Lake.  J Schulz is working on a Franzfeld Family book.

Who are you looking for?.  I have a modest amount of Franzfeld records especially from an older period..

Dave Dreyer

On Saturday, March 6, 2021, 03:39:29 PM PST, Juliana Henke <julhenke@...> wrote:

Hello David,
Sorry for the dumb question, but I've searched familysearch.org and I can't find the Franzfeld records. Could you give me a hint? Thank you!

Marcia Fay (WAGENHALS) Cobb

Good to hear from you Dave.  I miss our gatherings, but I know it was a great deal of work for many of you.  The travel must have been quite costly for those of you who traveled long distances.  I was so fortunate living less than 40 miles from the place of our meeting.  Then the pandemic came.  Hoping you are all well.  Thank you for the additional info. about how we will be informed about the Family book on Franzfeld by Dr Juergen Schuetz.

Sincere regards,
Marcia Fay (WAGENHALS) Cobb

Apparently the Franzfeld records were not filmed by Trude and thus not in Salt Lake.  J Schulz is working on a Franzfeld Family book.
Who are you looking for?.  I have a modest amount of Franzfeld records especially from an older period..

Dave Dreyer
On Saturday, March 6, 2021, 03:39:29 PM PST, Juliana Henke <julhenke@...> wrote:

Hello David,
Sorry for the dumb question, but I've searched familysearch.org and I can't find the Franzfeld records. Could you give me a hint? Thank you!

Tihana Kutlesa

Hi Dave and others,

After a long time I am back.

My search did not advance because I was occupied elsewhere. I see you discuss a Franzfeld Family Book.

I am very interested in, because the family of my grandmother   lived there and possibly in Pancevo some years before the war.

Family's name is Elsner. (My great-grandmother  was Klein).

Would you guys be so kind and inform  me here when the book is ready please.

I'd appreciate very much.

Thank you

Tihana