Ancestry.com offers free access to NARA records

Karen Dalton Preston

Dear List Members -

Ancestry’s CEO announced that to help the isolation of social distancing, they will provide temporary free access to their collections from the U.S. National Archives (NARA). The collections include nearly 500 million records and images.
This is just a sampling of what is included:
WWI and WWII U.S. Draft Cards
New York, Passenger and Crew Lists, 1820-1957
California, Federal Naturalization Records, 1843-1999
U.S. Passport Applications, 1795-1925
U.S. Compiled Revolutionary War Military Service Records, 1775-1783
U.S., Confederate Soldiers Compiled Service Records, 1861-1865
U.S., Border Crossings from Canada to U.S., 1895-1960
—Karen

Linda Wyatt <lmw568@...>

Hi Karen,  How's it going?  It's HOT HOT HOT here!  I've been walking the beach every evening and picking up a large number of Mermaid's Purses for a craft project.  Hopefully I'll have some spending money this year!

I'm looking for the Frendreis families of Tamasfalva, Hungary.  Do you have any information on them?

Thanks,  Linda

On Thursday, March 26, 2020, 09:23:16 AM CDT, Karen Dalton Preston <karen@...> wrote:

Dear List Members -

Ancestry’s CEO announced that to help the isolation of social distancing, they will provide temporary free access to their collections from the U.S. National Archives (NARA). The collections include nearly 500 million records and images.
This is just a sampling of what is included:
WWI and WWII U.S. Draft Cards
New York, Passenger and Crew Lists, 1820-1957
California, Federal Naturalization Records, 1843-1999
U.S. Passport Applications, 1795-1925
U.S. Compiled Revolutionary War Military Service Records, 1775-1783
U.S., Confederate Soldiers Compiled Service Records, 1861-1865
U.S., Border Crossings from Canada to U.S., 1895-1960
—Karen

Karen Dalton Preston

Hi Linda,

Tamasfalva is the Hungarian name for Tomsdorf, a filial parish of Deutsch-Zerne.  There is only 1 FRENDREIS listed, Dominik, no birth date given, married Magd. BEHRING.  Is this the person you are looking for?

It’s hot here, too.  90 degrees today.  I’m happy to be inside!

—Karen

On May 16, 2020, at 4:11 PM, Linda Wyatt via groups.io <lmw568@...> wrote:

[...]

That's what I was looking for but I got that information out of the Molidorf book.  Thanks for looking.  Stay cool!

Linda