Online Church Books for Germany #Databases

Rosina T. Schmidt

Hello from Vancouver Island,

To find out which online church books in today’s Germany are available please see:

Rosina T. Schmidt
www.hrastovac.net

Michael Kausch

Rosina: This is fantastic!!!!! Thank you so much. Mike Kausch

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 8:01 AM Rosina T. Schmidt <rosinatschmidt@...> wrote:

Hello from Vancouver Island,

To find out which online church books in today’s Germany are available please see:

Rosina T. Schmidt
www.hrastovac.net

Mary Laura Jones

Do these include Zichydorf in what is now Serbia?
Mary Laura Jones
Grants Resource Development Consultant
1454 W. Fargo Avenue
Chicago, IL 60626
cell: 773 636-2022

--
Mary Laura Jones
Grants Resource Development Consultant

W David Samuelsen

Surprised to see no books listed in area of Saarland - Rheinland-Pfaz.

Many settlers from this area went to the Banat.

David Samuelsen

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 9:34 AM Mary Laura Jones <mljones2022@...> wrote:
Do these include Zichydorf in what is now Serbia?
Mary Laura Jones
Grants Resource Development Consultant
1454 W. Fargo Avenue
Chicago, IL 60626
cell: 773 636-2022

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 9:01 AM Rosina T. Schmidt <rosinatschmidt@...> wrote:

Hello from Vancouver Island,

To find out which online church books in today’s Germany are available please see:

Rosina T. Schmidt
www.hrastovac.net

--
Mary Laura Jones
Grants Resource Development Consultant

AKdFF

Matricula is a good choice to look for mostly roman catholic church books.
Archion.de has church books of the protestant churches in Germany, but not free.

Guenter Junkers

Am 13.05.2020 um 14:43 schrieb Rosina T. Schmidt:

Hello from Vancouver Island,
To find out which online church books in today’s Germany are available please see:
https://data.matricula-online.eu/de/deutschland/
Rosina T. Schmidt
www.hrastovac.net <http://www.hrastovac.net>

Rosina T. Schmidt

No,  just the city of Subotica,  now in Serbia.

Rosina T. Schmidt
www.hrastovac.net

On 05132020AD--, at 8:25 21000AM, Mary Laura Jones <mljones2022@...> wrote:

Do these include Zichydorf in what is now Serbia?
Mary Laura Jones
Grants Resource Development Consultant
1454 W. Fargo Avenue
Chicago, IL 60626
cell: 773 636-2022

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 9:01 AM Rosina T. Schmidt <rosinatschmidt@...> wrote:

Hello from Vancouver Island,

To find out which online church books in today’s Germany are available please see:

Rosina T. Schmidt
www.hrastovac.net

--
Mary Laura Jones
Grants Resource Development Consultant

Mary Ann Hueser

I can't seem to figure out how to save an image when I am on Matricula, looking at churchbooks in Germany.
Am I missing something, or is it not possible?

Mary Ann

Matricula is a good choice to look for mostly roman catholic church books.
Archion.de has church books of the protestant churches in Germany, but
not free.

Guenter Junkers

Am 13.05.2020 um 14:43 schrieb Rosina T. Schmidt:

> Hello from Vancouver Island,
>
> To find out which online church books in today’s Germany are available
> please see:
>
> https://data.matricula-online.eu/de/deutschland/
>
> Rosina T. Schmidt
> www.hrastovac.net <http://www.hrastovac.net>

Wayne Bartl

Mary Ann,  i was never able to save the pages from Matricula.  i had some luck printing them with some of the indexes and web page titles on the printed page.  The other option would be to photograph the computer screen.

Wayne

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 7:52 AM Mary Ann Hueser <mahueser@...> wrote:
I can't seem to figure out how to save an image when I am on Matricula, looking at churchbooks in Germany.
Am I missing something, or is it not possible?

Mary Ann

Matricula is a good choice to look for mostly roman catholic church books.
Archion.de has church books of the protestant churches in Germany, but
not free.

Guenter Junkers

Am 13.05.2020 um 14:43 schrieb Rosina T. Schmidt:

> Hello from Vancouver Island,
>
> To find out which online church books in today’s Germany are available
> please see:
>
> https://data.matricula-online.eu/de/deutschland/
>
> Rosina T. Schmidt
> www.hrastovac.net <http://www.hrastovac.net>

You can capture your screen and save it as a file.
For Windows machines & tablets:
https://www.howtogeek.com/226280/how-to-take-screenshots-in-windows-10/
If you do not have windows 10, scroll down the article and they discuss how to use older versions of Windows

For Apple (MacOS) machines:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361

Hope that helps!

--
David Preston
Banat List Admin

Mary Ann Hueser

Thanks everyone for their responses.

I was using the screen save for images, which was better than nothing - as compare to the actual record.  But you are limited in trying to enlarge a screen save afterwards, and still get a clear image.
(I do not have internet at home, so I try to save all records in case I need to go back and recheck the info later on.)
Just wanted to make sure that there wasn't another way.

Mary Ann