Topics

Dr. Guenter Junkers awarded the Johann-Christoph-Gatterer-Medaille

Dave Dreyer

Dr. Guenter Junkers has recently been awarded the prestigious Bronze Johann-Christoph-Gatterer metal of the Deutsche Arbeitsgemeinschat genealogischer Verbaende for his contributions to application of computer methodology to family history research.

Guenter earned a PhD in physical chemistry and spent his professional carrier in research and development with AGFA film in Leverkusen.  His interest in historical and genealogical matters has been long standing and wide ranging.  Closer to home he served as the AKdFF chairman 2010 to 2017.  During this period he did much to raise the visibility of the AKdFF among the many German genealogical organizations.  For Donauschwab researchers this metal might also be regarded as a well earned recognition of his stewardship of the AKdFF

Edward Lowitz

Congratulations Guenter.  You have worked hard over the years.  97 was the earliest email from you that I had kept although I am sure you were involved before then.  The medal is well deserved.

Ed.