Topics

Dr. Guenter Junkers awarded the Johann-Christoph-Gatterer-Medaille

Dave Dreyer

Dr. Guenter Junkers has recently been awarded the prestigious Bronze Johann-Christoph-Gatterer metal of the Deutsche Arbeitsgemeinschat genealogischer Verbaende for his contributions to application of computer methodology to family history research.

Guenter earned a PhD in physical chemistry and spent his professional carrier in research and development with AGFA film in Leverkusen.  His interest in historical and genealogical matters has been long standing and wide ranging.  Closer to home he served as the AKdFF chairman 2010 to 2017.  During this period he did much to raise the visibility of the AKdFF among the many German genealogical organizations.  For Donauschwab researchers this metal might also be regarded as a well earned recognition of his stewardship of the AKdFF

Edward Lowitz

Congratulations Guenter.  You have worked hard over the years.  97 was the earliest email from you that I had kept although I am sure you were involved before then.  The medal is well deserved.

Ed.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 2, 1997 5:00 PM
To: BANAT-Listserver
Subject: Stader's Collected Work

John Niefer wrote:

>>Volume A-D was just published, we hope to have the next volume ready

>>in 1998. Be patient!

>Uwe Morres was kind enough to check the Arzt family in the Stader

>book for me.  Unfortuneatly there was nothing "new" for me.  How

>ever they logically show and quote the information from the Heimat

>books it appears in.

>My question is what should I do about errors I find in the Heimat books

>so they are not carried over into the Stader book???

>Example; My Heimat book shows my Wallrabenstein family as coming

>from the wrong place.  I did considerable searching there and could

>find nothing.   I was lucky to find a researcher in the Netherlands with

>the right information,  plus a great deal more,  including a copy of the

>request to emigrate.  The request was turned down but they went anyway.

>What think you ?????

Errors in Heimatbooks occur very often because the authors copy data from

other printed sources like Wilhelm& Kallbrunner's Wiener Listen when wrong

place names are listed. Stefan Stader tries to correct the wrong

information if he gets corrections from other researchers. If you email

your corrections to me, I will forward the information to Stefan Stader and

it will be printed in the corresponding volume. Please give all information

about your sources. Thank you!

Guenter

CG_Junkers@...

From: everybody@banat.groups.io [mailto:everybody@banat.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave Dreyer
Sent: Sunday, October 25, 2020 11:54 PM
To: everybody@banat.groups.io
Subject: [banat] Dr. Guenter Junkers awarded the Johann-Christoph-Gatterer-Medaille

Dr. Guenter Junkers has recently been awarded the prestigious Bronze Johann-Christoph-Gatterer metal of the Deutsche Arbeitsgemeinschat genealogischer Verbaende for his contributions to application of computer methodology to family history research.

Guenter earned a PhD in physical chemistry and spent his professional carrier in research and development with AGFA film in Leverkusen.  His interest in historical and genealogical matters has been long standing and wide ranging.  Closer to home he served as the AKdFF chairman 2010 to 2017.  During this period he did much to raise the visibility of the AKdFF among the many German genealogical organizations.  For Donauschwab researchers this metal might also be regarded as a well earned recognition of his stewardship of the AKdFF

Great news, Dave! Thank you for sharing that.
I'm sure I speak for many when I express my gratitude to Dr. Guenter Junkers for the years of dedicated service, and congratulate him for this recognition of his work.

Thanks Again & Best Regards
Robert
Rock City Falls NY

On Oct 25, 2020, at 11:53 PM, Dave Dreyer <ddreyer@pacbell.net> wrote:

Guenter earned a PhD in physical chemistry and spent his professional carrier in research and development with AGFA film in Leverkusen. His interest in historical and genealogical matters has been long standing and wide ranging. Closer to home he served as the AKdFF chairman 2010 to 2017. During this period he did much to raise the visibility of the AKdFF among the many German genealogical organizations. For Donauschwab researchers this metal might also be regarded as a well earned recognition of his stewardship of the AKdFF

Dolores J. Barber

Well done, Dr. Junkers. Congratulations!
Dolores Barber

On Oct 26, 2020, at 5:54 AM, Robert Zink <basswright@...> wrote:

Great news, Dave! Thank you for sharing that.
I'm sure I speak for many when I express my gratitude to Dr. Guenter Junkers for the years of dedicated service, and congratulate him for this recognition of his work.

Thanks Again & Best Regards
Robert
Rock City Falls NY

On Oct 25, 2020, at 11:53 PM, Dave Dreyer <ddreyer@...> wrote:

Guenter earned a PhD in physical chemistry and spent his professional carrier in research and development with AGFA film in Leverkusen.  His interest in historical and genealogical matters has been long standing and wide ranging.  Closer to home he served as the AKdFF chairman 2010 to 2017.  During this period he did much to raise the visibility of the AKdFF among the many German genealogical organizations.  For Donauschwab researchers this metal might also be regarded as a well earned recognition of his stewardship of the AKdFF