German ? occupation

Kogaylene Ruddick

I have tried online but can’t figure out what this occupation is:

Gemeinsmann in Raidelbach

Kogaylene Ruddick

Kogaylene,

Did you try Google Translate?  Comes up with "common man in Raidelbach," the latter being a town in Germany just south of Darmstadt, I believe.

Cheers,

Bill

-----Original Message-----
To: everybody@banat.groups.io
Sent: Tue, May 4, 2021 9:10 pm
Subject: [banat] German ? occupation

Kogaylene Ruddick

Michael Kaiser

Hey,

a Gemeinsmann or Achtermann is a elected representative of a community. Something like a mayor.

Am 05.05.2021 um 06:10 schrieb Kogaylene Ruddick:

Kogaylene Ruddick
-- 
Schönen Tag noch ...

Michael Kaiser
Redakteur (DJV)
Oerlinghauser Str. 112
32758 Detmold

https://mchlksr.de

+49 (0)5232 850216 fon
+49 (0)176 47526280 mobil 

Wayne Bartl

Gemeinsmann . I  found this explanation on the internet.  

Community or common, in some areas, especially Upper Germany. 1. The member of a community, especially a village community, which in some places is also called a common man. 

2. A kind of head of a village community, so maybe that is what is a home guarantor in Thuringia. In the Bareuthian village of Werndorf, the two village councils are called mayors from the ages. In Bißthume Augsburg there are community leaders in the villages, who are presumably just that. At least the community masters in Saxony, Heimbürgen or Syndici of the village community. 

3. A joint arbitrator, in Upper German. 

4. Who is in community with someone else, a companion, even only in Upper German.

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 3:11 AM Michael Kaiser via groups.io <mkdt=unity-mail.de@groups.io> wrote:

Hey,

a Gemeinsmann or Achtermann is a elected representative of a community. Something like a mayor.

Kogaylene Ruddick
-- 
Schönen Tag noch ...

Michael Kaiser
Redakteur (DJV)
Oerlinghauser Str. 112
32758 Detmold

+49 (0)5232 850216 fon

Rosina T. Schmidt

Gemeinsmann = Aldersman 

Rosina T. Schmidt 
www.hrastovac.net

On 05052021AD--, at 5:11 43000AM, Wayne Bartl <wbartl@...> wrote:

Community or common, in some areas, especially Upper Germany. 1. The member of a community, especially a village community, which in some places is also called a common man. 

2. A kind of head of a village community, so maybe that is what is a home guarantor in Thuringia. In the Bareuthian village of Werndorf, the two village councils are called mayors from the ages. In Bißthume Augsburg there are community leaders in the villages, who are presumably just that. At least the community masters in Saxony, Heimbürgen or Syndici of the village community. 

4. Who is in community with someone else, a companion, even only in Upper German.

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 3:11 AM Michael Kaiser via groups.io <mkdt=unity-mail.de@groups.io> wrote:

Hey,

Kogaylene Ruddick
-- 
Schönen Tag noch ...

Michael Kaiser
Redakteur (DJV)
Oerlinghauser Str. 112
32758 Detmold

+49 (0)5232 850216 fon

Kogaylene Ruddick

Thank you to everyone for helping me figure out what Gemeinsmann means!  I had seen that members of the family
were mayors and such so definitely Aldersman and mayor makes sense.
Kogaylene

On May 5, 2021, at 8:57 AM, Rosina T. Schmidt <rosinatschmidt@...> wrote:

Gemeinsmann = Aldersman 

Rosina T. Schmidt 
www.hrastovac.net

On 05052021AD--, at 5:11 43000AM, Wayne Bartl <wbartl@...> wrote:

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 3:11 AM Michael Kaiser via groups.io <mkdt=unity-mail.de@groups.io> wrote:

Hey,

Kogaylene Ruddick
-- 
Schönen Tag noch ...

Michael Kaiser
Redakteur (DJV)
Oerlinghauser Str. 112
32758 Detmold

+49 (0)5232 850216 fon