Ostern Look-Up

Mark Zajac

Hi all,

If someone has the Ostern Familienbuch, I would appreciate a look-up for the following surnames:
  • Gross
  • Haas
  • Labin (variants Lavigne, Lavin)
  • Witt (variant Vitt)
Thanks,
Mark

Glenn Schwartz

-          Familienbuch Ofsenitza on Deutsch Zerne site https://freepages.rootsweb.com/~deutschzerne/genealogy/Files/page2.html

Glenn Schwartz

President, Zichydorf Village Association (http://zichydorfonline.org)
Searching: Schwartz, Kleckner, Schönherr in Zichydorf, Banat; Schüssler, Millecker, Lenhardt in Kudritz, Banat; Schwartz, Kory, Pierson/Person in Morawitza, Banat; Kalupsky/Chalupsky in Blumenthal, Banat; Bardua, Kandel, Heuchert in Kolomea, Galicia; Kuntz, Holzer, Kraft, Wolfe, Folk (Volk) in Kutschurgan, Russia; Macht in Volga, Russia.
Email: gschwartz@...
On 5/9/2022 9:33 PM, Mark Zajac wrote:

Hi all,

If someone has the Ostern Familienbuch, I would appreciate a look-up for the following surnames:
  • Gross
  • Haas
  • Labin (variants Lavigne, Lavin)
  • Witt (variant Vitt)
Thanks,
Mark

Cathy Reece

Mark,
I have Oster FB.
Any specifics on these names?

Cathy

On Mon, May 9, 2022 at 11:33 PM Mark Zajac <mazajac97@...> wrote:
Hi all,

If someone has the Ostern Familienbuch, I would appreciate a look-up for the following surnames:
  • Gross
  • Haas
  • Labin (variants Lavigne, Lavin)
  • Witt (variant Vitt)
Thanks,
Mark

Cathy Reece

Mark,

I found Jakob WITT
oo Marianna Johanna LAVING(alternate spelling La Vigne)her 2oo was to Jakob Pechler
27.01.1822. She had 2 children with second husband
His 2nd marriage oo 24.11.1811 in Ostern
He died and she then remarried

What would you like screenshot of?
——————————————
I found 3 Haas:

Magdalena *um 1810 and oo George Bauer er 1830  He was born um 1810

Mathias Haas *er 1845
oo 1.01.1875 Ostern
Nothof Margaret

Nikolai’s Haas *16.06.1826 Ernsthausen
He is in FB Sartscha 70/492
He married Elisabeth Kirschner oo er 1845 Ostern

Which of these is yours?
———————————————
There are MANY GROSS entries—
Could you be more specific?

Cathy

On Mon, May 9, 2022 at 11:33 PM Mark Zajac <mazajac97@...> wrote:
Hi all,

If someone has the Ostern Familienbuch, I would appreciate a look-up for the following surnames:
  • Gross
  • Haas
  • Labin (variants Lavigne, Lavin)
  • Witt (variant Vitt)
Thanks,
Mark

Cathy Reece

See attachment

On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 12:31 PM Cathy Reece <cre29ece@...> wrote:
[...]

Witt married Laving see attachment
Cathy

On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 12:37 PM Cathy Reece via groups.io <cre29ece=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Bonjour,

Maria Johanna LAVING est la fille de Pierre LAVIGNE et Elisabeth PILOT mariés à Saint-Hubert le 9 Fevrier 1773.
Malhaureusement, je ne connais pas les villages de Lorraine d'où Pierre et Elisabeth sont originaires.

Daniel
"Lorrains du Banat"

[...]

Daniell Hillaire’s message  to you in English is:

Hello.

Maria Johanna Laving is the daughter of Pierre LAVIGNE and Elisabeth PILOT.
They married in St. Hubert Feb9,1773.

Daniel further states that he unfortunately does not know which village in Loorainne they originated from.

Cathy

On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 1:12 PM Cathy Reece via groups.io <cre29ece=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Maria Laving’s second marriage— daughter #1 with Jakob Pechler is Marianna and she married Anton Mühlroth in 1845.

I am related to Anton Mühlroth as
I am a descendent of Anton’s grandfather also.
Are you descended from Maria Laving’s 1st child Marianna.

There are more entries is Ostern FB on above Anton.

Regards,
Cathy

On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 1:56 PM Cathy Reece <cre29ece@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Cathy!

For Haas, I'm not sure of the names but I'm wondering if there were any there in the late 1700s.  If there are only the 3 you shared, then I guess not.

For Gross, I am looking for Peter Gross married to Barbara Labin/Lavin (she is from the same Lavigne family that Daniel mentioned).

For Lavin, I'm not sure of a name either, but I think Barbara Labin had a brother living in Ostern as well.

Thanks!

Hermann Volltrauer

Hi Kathy,

When I noticed the name Witt in your email, I recalled it being in my family tree but all I knew is that Katharina Witt was married to Michael Volltrauer (who was born in Mastort and died in Pardan in 1860 where I was born eighty years later).  Thanks to your email I now know lots about her.  From your screenshot, I noticed that there may be some information about Michael Volltrauer on entry number 4745.

I would greatly appreciate a screenshot that includes that entry; it may even show more Volltrauer information.

Thank you

Hermann Volltrauer

On Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 01:12:05 PM EDT, Cathy Reece <cre29ece@...> wrote:

[...]

Herman,
Sending 2 attachments.
Cathy

On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 6:40 PM Hermann Volltrauer via groups.io <hvolltrauer=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Family 4903 Jakob Witt 2nd oo to Maria Johanna Laving
It’s evening here
Lighting problems

Hope you can see these ok,otherwise I can take in daylight tomorrow and resend
Cathy

On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 7:27 PM Cathy Reece <cre29ece@...> wrote:
[...]

Fotrauer in FB Heufeld 377/3558, FB Pardan 328/2550
Cathy

On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 7:27 PM Cathy Reece via groups.io <cre29ece=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

I’m not seeing your family. I see one Peter Gross oo Barbara LAUB
This is Fam 1478 Peter was born in 1803
And Barbara was born er 1803

There’s another Peter Gross * 16.02.1865 Ostern Fam 1485.3
+ 24.04.1882 Setschan

I’ll look again..
Regards,
Cathy

I don’t see a Peter Gross married to  a Laving.

On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 7:38 PM Cathy Reece via groups.io <cre29ece=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Your Michael Voltrauer was born 29.03.1793 in Mastort
Parents: Nikolai’s Volltrauer and Anna Maria Schraub( no further info on parents)

Alternate spelling “Foltrauer”

Regards,
Cathy

On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 7:39 PM Cathy Reece via groups.io <cre29ece=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Tank you Cathy (sorry about Kathy).

Hermann

On Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 07:51:52 PM EDT, Cathy Reece <cre29ece@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Cathy,

Would you mind sharing the entry on family 1478?  Laub could perhaps be a variant of Labin, so I think that might be the right one.
I also found the name of the Labin/Lavin brother I was looking for - Johann Lavin born in 1776 in Sankt Hubert and died in 1820 in Ostern.  Is there an entry for him and his family?

Thanks,
Mark

Cathy Reece

Mark,
Here it is: see attachments
Cathy

On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 9:29 PM Mark Zajac <mazajac97@...> wrote:
Hi Cathy,

Would you mind sharing the entry on family 1478?  Laub could perhaps be a variant of Labin, so I think that might be the right one.
I also found the name of the Labin/Lavin brother I was looking for - Johann Lavin born in 1776 in Sankt Hubert and died in 1820 in Ostern.  Is there an entry for him and his family?

Thanks,
Mark

Cathy Reece

Mark,
No hurry entry for Johann Laving’s family except his parents’ names.