Topics

[Akdff-l] [banat] Locality identification

Dave Dreyer

Karoly, W David, Daniel, Guenter et al,

Many thanks for all the responses.  As directed by Karoly I now find Jarkovac on my Banat map.

For any who might be interested one can follow the Kronhelm advancement through the Grenz regiment Standestabellen

Starting in 1778

Gemeine            72 months

Corporal             46 months

Adjunet              24 months

Forurier              42 months

One might suppose that the elevation of the name from Kronhelm to von Helmheim was accompanied by a land grant which is why the family ended up in the Serb village of Jarkovac.

Kronhelm went on to play an important roll in the Revolutions of 1848 in the Banat.  He is buried with an impressive marker in a Temeswar cemetery.

Decendents played roll in Austrian military matters down through WW II --------finally on the Eastern Front.

Dave Dreyer