Topics

Andreas WEISS oo Marianna PIATKA in Philadelphia

Ragnar Schmidt

Hello,

forwarding a request:

Looking for the birth place of Andreas Weiss – probably Andrew F. Weiss – from “Hungary”:

Know data:

Andreas Weiss *21.02.1884 in Ungarn.
oo 04.03.1905 Philadelphia
Marianna Piatka

Thanks for your help.

Herzliche Grüße
Ragnar Schmidt

Wayne Bartl

It might be Saint Andreas.   This is based on the attached passenger list.

Wayne

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 1:11 PM Ragnar Schmidt via groups.io <ragnar.schmidt=familie-schmidt.info@groups.io> wrote:

Hello,

forwarding a request:

Looking for the birth place of Andreas Weiss – probably Andrew F. Weiss – from “Hungary”:

Know data:

Andreas Weiss *21.02.1884 in Ungarn.
oo 04.03.1905 Philadelphia
Marianna Piatka

Thanks for your help.

Herzliche Grüße
Ragnar Schmidt

Anna Lorenz

Hello
I did a look up in the family book of Saint Andres
and found  (number 5173)
Andreas Weiss born 19 03 1884, son of Andreas Weisz born 13 01 1857,
so this seams to be the Andreas of the passengerlist,
the age of 45 and 18 fits perfect, but not the birth date given by Ragnar.

Anni

Gesendet: Dienstag, 06. April 2021 um 21:31 Uhr
Von: "Wayne Bartl" <wbartl@...>
An: everybody@banat.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [banat] Andreas WEISS oo Marianna PIATKA in Philadelphia
It might be Saint Andreas.   This is based on the attached passenger list.

Wayne

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 1:11 PM Ragnar Schmidt via groups.io <ragnar.schmidt=familie-schmidt.info@groups.io> wrote:

Hello,

forwarding a request:

Looking for the birth place of Andreas Weiss – probably Andrew F. Weiss – from “Hungary”:

Know data:

Andreas Weiss *21.02.1884 in Ungarn.
oo 04.03.1905 Philadelphia
Marianna Piatka

Thanks for your help.

Herzliche Grüße
Ragnar Schmidt

Ragnar Schmidt

Great & thanks.

I will forward the info to the requester.

Best, ragnar

Gesendet: Dienstag, 06. April 2021 um 21:31 Uhr
Von: "Wayne Bartl" <wbartl@...>
An: everybody@banat.groups.io

It might be Saint Andreas.   This is based on the attached passenger list.

Wayne

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 1:11 PM Ragnar Schmidt via groups.io <ragnar.schmidt=familie-schmidt.info@groups.io> wrote:

Hello,

forwarding a request:

Looking for the birth place of Andreas Weiss – probably Andrew F. Weiss – from “Hungary”:

Know data:

Andreas Weiss *21.02.1884 in Ungarn.
oo 04.03.1905 Philadelphia
Marianna Piatka

Thanks for your help.

Herzliche Grüße
Ragnar Schmidt

Mary Laura Jones

Do we have access to the ship manifests for 1908 from Germany to the US? I would love to find my grandparents names and my Mother. Mary Laura (Hochban) Jones

Mary Laura Jones
Grants Resource Development Consultant
53599 Pulver Road
Three Rivers, MI 49093
cell: 773 636-2022

--
Mary Laura Jones
Grants Resource Development Consultant

Karen Dalton Preston

Hi -

You can search passenger arrival manifests for the major US ports at - https://www.village-records.org/ShipList/ShipData_list.php  This is a free site.

These records are specific to the those who emigrated from the Banat and were extracted and transcribed by Dave Dreyer.  The link will take you to a searchable database of all of Dave's transcriptions.  There are over 43,000 names listed.  Once you have an arrival date, you can try searching for the manifest image on another free site, FamilySearch maintained by the LDS.

—Karen