Topics

Ansiedler Karten Information_AMRHEIN

Olkronies

Hello Banat Listers,
I am confused by the timeline of information provided on a particular card (see attached image).
For Friedrich (Ludwig) AMRHEIN
Zeit des Nachweisen 1786 [Time of Proof]
Zeit der Auswanderung 1802 [Time of Emigration]
Wien Passiert am 10.Oktober.1802

Does this make sense to have 16 years between? Any speculation as to why?

FHL Film #1326450 (DGS 793401); Image #1597

John Kronberger
Hayden, ID

Ansiedler Karten_AMRHEIN.png

Ragnar Schmidt

Hello,

it could simply refer to a document that was used when being registered in Vienna.

Best, ragnar

Von: everybody@banat.groups.io <everybody@banat.groups.io> Im Auftrag von Olkronies via Groups.Io
Gesendet: Montag, 16. März 2020 18:37
An: everybody@banat.groups.io
Betreff: [banat] Ansiedler Karten Information_AMRHEIN

Hello Banat Listers,

I am confused by the timeline of information provided on a particular card (see attached image).

John Kronberger

Hayden, ID

Olkronies

Thanks for your comment Ragnar. Still doesn't make sense to me that the documentation would occur 16 years before the passage from Vienna. Have you seen this occur with other colonists / settlers?

John Kronberger
Hayden, ID

-----Original Message-----
To: everybody <everybody@banat.groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Mar 16, 2020 12:10 pm
Subject: Re: [banat] Ansiedler Karten Information_AMRHEIN

Hello,
it could simply refer to a document that was used when being registered in Vienna.

Best, ragnar

Von: everybody@banat.groups.io <everybody@banat.groups.io> Im Auftrag von Olkronies via Groups.Io
Gesendet: Montag, 16. März 2020 18:37
An: everybody@banat.groups.io
Betreff: [banat] Ansiedler Karten Information_AMRHEIN

Hello Banat Listers,

John Kronberger
Hayden, ID

Rudolf Huepfl

Well John, nothing more than a simply speculation. The Vienna court was allways short in money. The war against the Turks, including all the other military issues in Europe were very costly. So there were a number of stops during the settlements. That is why we also speak of 3 different waves of settlement. If it did not run well for your Friedrich Amrhein, he might have fallen into a period of delay; even if 16 years look quite high. One should have in mind the 3rd Schwabenzug (the last big wave) lasted from 1781 to 1787. So your passage occured into the ending of the last colonisation (even if the "normal" colonisation was ongoing). Hope this helps a bit Rudolf Huepfl, Vienna, Austria

Olkronies

Guten Tag Herr Huepfl,
Your persective and the historical context which you describe in this situation is very much appreciated. Fantastic!

John Kronberger
Hayden, ID

Sent: Tue, Mar 17, 2020 7:10 am

Well John, nothing more than a simply speculation. The Vienna court was allways short in money. The war against the Turks, including all the other military issues in Europe were very costly. So there were a number of stops during the settlements. That is why we also speak of 3 different waves of settlement. If it did not run well for your Friedrich Amrhein, he might have fallen into a period of delay; even if 16 years look quite high. One should have in mind the 3rd Schwabenzug (the last big wave) lasted from 1781 to 1787. So your passage occured into the ending of the last colonisation (even if the "normal" colonisation was ongoing). Hope this helps a bit Rudolf Huepfl, Vienna, Austria

Pete Modreski

Hi, perhaps someone can answer this, which has always been puzzling me when I see some of these messages from the banat.groups!

What in the world is "Olkronies", that some of these messages say they are coming from?  A person, place, or thing?  An internet group?

That's all!  Thank you very much, and all, stay well & safe,

Pete Modreski, Wheat Ridge, CO

Sent: Tue, Mar 17, 2020 11:33 am

Guten Tag Herr Huepfl,
Your persective and the historical context which you describe in this situation is very much appreciated. Fantastic!

John Kronberger
Hayden, ID

edward.lowitz1

John has been olkronies@... for a long, long time (Hi John!).

Ed.

From: everybody@banat.groups.io [mailto:everybody@banat.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pete Modreski via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 2:12 PM
To: everybody@banat.groups.io

Hi, perhaps someone can answer this, which has always been puzzling me when I see some of these messages from the banat.groups!

What in the world is "Olkronies", that some of these messages say they are coming from?  A person, place, or thing?  An internet group?

Guten Tag Herr Huepfl,

John Kronberger

Hayden, ID

Jocele Wild

Maybe this shows one's age, but I took Olkronies as a clever corruption of "old cronies" (= a longtime friend), a term often used by my grandparents and their adult children who are with us now only in memory. Yet, Krone in German is crown in English.

Additionally, I found Herr Huepfl's explanation to be quite informative and logical since it is well-based on historic fact, as well as personally useful since I have my great-grandfather's emigration permit from Germany with a similar hiatus of dates.

If anyone knows of an English-language book on the history of the Banat and/or the Austro-Hungarian Empire, would you please post it?

Thank you,

Jocele @ Mexico City

From: everybody@banat.groups.io <everybody@banat.groups.io> on behalf of edward.lowitz1 via Groups.Io <edward.lowitz1@...>
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 2:15 PM
To: everybody@banat.groups.io <everybody@banat.groups.io>

John has been olkronies@... for a long, long time (Hi John!).

Ed.

From: everybody@banat.groups.io [mailto:everybody@banat.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pete Modreski via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 2:12 PM

Guten Tag Herr Huepfl,

John Kronberger

Hayden, ID

Rosina T. Schmidt

Hello Jocele,

A good book about Banat:

The Banat of Timisoara - A European Melting Pot by edited by Victor Neumann.

Rosina T. Schmidt  
www.hrastovac.net

On 03172020AD--, at 4:32 21000PM, Jocele Wild <jocelew@...> wrote:

Maybe this shows one's age, but I took Olkronies as a clever corruption of "old cronies" (= a longtime friend), a term often used by my grandparents and their adult children who are with us now only in memory. Yet, Krone in German is crown in English.

Additionally, I found Herr Huepfl's explanation to be quite informative and logical since it is well-based on historic fact, as well as personally useful since I have my great-grandfather's emigration permit from Germany with a similar hiatus of dates.

If anyone knows of an English-language book on the history of the Banat and/or the Austro-Hungarian Empire, would you please post it?

Thank you,

Jocele @ Mexico City

From: everybody@banat.groups.io <everybody@banat.groups.io> on behalf of edward.lowitz1 via Groups.Io <edward.lowitz1@...>
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 2:15 PM
To: everybody@banat.groups.io <everybody@banat.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [banat] Ansiedler Karten Information_AMRHEIN

John has been olkronies@... for a long, long time (Hi John!).

Ed.

From: everybody@banat.groups.io [mailto:everybody@banat.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pete Modreski via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 2:12 PM
To: everybody@banat.groups.io
Subject: Re: [banat] Ansiedler Karten Information_AMRHEIN

Guten Tag Herr Huepfl,

John Kronberger
Hayden, ID

Olkronies

Hi Pete,
olkronies@... is my home email address.

How is Wheat Ridge today. I moved from Littleton less than a year ago.

John Kronberger
Hayden, ID

Sent: Tue, Mar 17, 2020 11:15 am

Guten Tag Herr Huepfl,

John Kronberger
Hayden, ID

Pete Modreski

Thanks for explaining, John. It looked odd and just had me puzzled. Most people's posts appear with just their name on the first line, then the subject line. Your "Olkronies via Groups.Io" where a name would normally be, had me wondering. 

Wheat Ridge is a nice community to live in; older, established, nice tree -lined streets.
Pete

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 3/17/20 8:39 PM (GMT-07:00)

Hi Pete,
olkronies@... is my home email address.

How is Wheat Ridge today. I moved from Littleton less than a year ago.

John Kronberger
Hayden, ID

Sent: Tue, Mar 17, 2020 11:15 am

Guten Tag Herr Huepfl,

John Kronberger
Hayden, ID