Topics

Ansiedler Karten Information_AMRHEIN

Olkronies

Hello Banat Listers,
I am confused by the timeline of information provided on a particular card (see attached image).
For Friedrich (Ludwig) AMRHEIN
Zeit des Nachweisen 1786 [Time of Proof]
Zeit der Auswanderung 1802 [Time of Emigration]
Wien Passiert am 10.Oktober.1802

Does this make sense to have 16 years between? Any speculation as to why?

FHL Film #1326450 (DGS 793401); Image #1597

John Kronberger
Hayden, ID

Ansiedler Karten_AMRHEIN.png

Ragnar Schmidt

Hello,

it could simply refer to a document that was used when being registered in Vienna.

Best, ragnar

I am confused by the timeline of information provided on a particular card (see attached image).

For Friedrich (Ludwig) AMRHEIN

Zeit des Nachweisen 1786 [Time of Proof]

Zeit der Auswanderung 1802 [Time of Emigration]

Wien Passiert am 10.Oktober.1802

Does this make sense to have 16 years between? Any speculation as to why?

FHL Film #1326450 (DGS 793401); Image #1597

John Kronberger

Hayden, ID

Ansiedler Karten_AMRHEIN.png

Olkronies

Thanks for your comment Ragnar. Still doesn't make sense to me that the documentation would occur 16 years before the passage from Vienna. Have you seen this occur with other colonists / settlers?

John Kronberger
Hayden, ID

it could simply refer to a document that was used when being registered in Vienna.

Best, ragnar

I am confused by the timeline of information provided on a particular card (see attached image).
For Friedrich (Ludwig) AMRHEIN
Zeit des Nachweisen 1786 [Time of Proof]
Zeit der Auswanderung 1802 [Time of Emigration]
Wien Passiert am 10.Oktober.1802

Does this make sense to have 16 years between? Any speculation as to why?

FHL Film #1326450 (DGS 793401); Image #1597

John Kronberger
Hayden, ID

Ansiedler Karten_AMRHEIN.png

Rudolf Huepfl

Well John, nothing more than a simply speculation. The Vienna court was allways short in money. The war against the Turks, including all the other military issues in Europe were very costly. So there were a number of stops during the settlements. That is why we also speak of 3 different waves of settlement. If it did not run well for your Friedrich Amrhein, he might have fallen into a period of delay; even if 16 years look quite high. One should have in mind the 3rd Schwabenzug (the last big wave) lasted from 1781 to 1787. So your passage occured into the ending of the last colonisation (even if the "normal" colonisation was ongoing). Hope this helps a bit Rudolf Huepfl, Vienna, Austria

Olkronies

Guten Tag Herr Huepfl,
Your persective and the historical context which you describe in this situation is very much appreciated. Fantastic!

John Kronberger
Hayden, ID