Topics

Any tips for searching Ansiedlerakten, 1686-1855 ?

Ron

Hi again,

I came across these on familysearch recently (hope a link is ok)

https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/173251?availability=Family%20History%20Library

My question is : I am hoping to locate a card for my ancestor Philipp Kilzer who settled in Jahrmarkt in 1748. I have started looking at the individual films - many of records state "einquartiert in Wien 1770"

Which leads me to believe that many are from a later time period. I have found some earlier dates but so far have been unsuccessful in my search. (I realise that I have to also take into account differences in spelling of the name when searching etc).  Does anyone have any experience in searching these microfilms ?. Are any years missing?

I am also interested in when these cards were actually created (some are typed / some are handwritten), does anyone know the background ? I have seen a scan of one page from the original books - has their ever been online access to them? I would be interested to know.

Thanks again for your help.

Ron

Florian Straub

Hi Ron,

to me this website provided a good summary:
https://www.genealogy.ro/cont/3.htm

Kind regards from wet Black Forest

Flo

Am 04.06.2020 06:08 schrieb Ron <ronthiel10@...>:

[...]

Hello again,

I managed to take a look at "Wilhelm+Kalkbrunner - Quellen zur deutschen
Siedlungsgeschichte in Südosteuropa" and found a section titled:

"Liste der von Steiermark und Kärnten nach Siebenbürger abgeschobenen
Lutheraner.
(Hermannstadt, Baron-Bruckenthal-Museum, Franz Zimmermannsche
Handschriftensammlung, Nr. 182)"

It contains two interesting suspects:
- 322/38: Johann Kiltzer from Grünberg => Biberstein, Klagenfurt
- 323/1: Simon Giltzer from Himmelberg => Himmelberg, Klagenfurt

I do not know if people settling in Siebenbürgen would fit to the ones
you are researching, but the Klagenfurth area seems to be a good bet.

Florian Straub schrieb am 04.06.2020 um 06:57:

[...]

Gary Arnold

Hello,

My name is Gary Arnold and I believe we share Phillip Kilzer as an ancestor in Jahrmarkt.   I am most interested in anything you find out.

Thank you

Gary

On Thursday, June 4, 2020, 3:16 AM, Florian Straub <Flominator@...> wrote:

Hello again,

I managed to take a look at "Wilhelm+Kalkbrunner - Quellen zur deutschen
Siedlungsgeschichte in Südosteuropa" and found a section titled:

"Liste der von Steiermark und Kärnten nach Siebenbürger abgeschobenen
Lutheraner.
(Hermannstadt, Baron-Bruckenthal-Museum, Franz Zimmermannsche
Handschriftensammlung, Nr. 182)"

It contains two interesting suspects:
- 322/38: Johann Kiltzer from Grünberg => Biberstein, Klagenfurt
- 323/1: Simon Giltzer from Himmelberg => Himmelberg, Klagenfurt

I do not know if people settling in Siebenbürgen would fit to the ones
you are researching, but the Klagenfurth area seems to be a good bet.

Kind regards from wet Black Forest,

Flo

Florian Straub schrieb am 04.06.2020 um 06:57:
> Hi Ron,
>
> to me this website provided a good summary:
>
> Kind regards from wet Black Forest
>
> Flo
>
> Am 04.06.2020 06:08 schrieb Ron <ronthiel10@...>:
>
>    Hi again,
>
>    I came across these on familysearch recently (hope a link is ok)
>

>    My question is : I am hoping to locate a card for my ancestor
>    Philipp Kilzer who settled in Jahrmarkt in 1748. I have started
>    looking at the individual films - many of records state
>    "einquartiert in Wien 1770"
>
>    Which leads me to believe that many are from a later time period. I
>    have found some earlier dates but so far have been unsuccessful in
>    my search. (I realise that I have to also take into account
>    differences in spelling of the name when searching etc).  Does
>    anyone have any experience in searching these microfilms ?. Are any
>    years missing?
>
>    I am also interested in when these cards were actually created (some
>    are typed / some are handwritten), does anyone know the background ?
>    I have seen a scan of one page from the original books - has their
>    ever been online access to them? I would be interested to know.
>
>    Thanks again for your help.
>
>    Ron

Dave Dreyer

Gary,

According to the Jahrmarkt Familienbuch by Franz Junginger

Kiltzer Philipp, son of Johann Kilzer and Maria Schumacher was born 14 Mar 1700 in Ebscheid, +13 Mar 1771 Jahrmarkt

Dave Dreyer

My name is Gary Arnold and I believe we share Phillip Kilzer as an ancestor in Jahrmarkt.   I am most interested in anything you find out.

Thank you

Gary

On Thursday, June 4, 2020, 3:16 AM, Florian Straub <Flominator@...> wrote:

Hello again,

I managed to take a look at "Wilhelm+Kalkbrunner - Quellen zur deutschen

Siedlungsgeschichte in Südosteuropa" and found a section titled:

"Liste der von Steiermark und Kärnten nach Siebenbürger abgeschobenen

Lutheraner.

(Hermannstadt, Baron-Bruckenthal-Museum, Franz Zimmermannsche

Handschriftensammlung, Nr. 182)"

It contains two interesting suspects:

- 322/38: Johann Kiltzer from Grünberg => Biberstein, Klagenfurt

- 323/1: Simon Giltzer from Himmelberg => Himmelberg, Klagenfurt

I do not know if people settling in Siebenbürgen would fit to the ones

you are researching, but the Klagenfurth area seems to be a good bet.

Kind regards from wet Black Forest,

Flo

Florian Straub schrieb am 04.06.2020 um 06:57:

> Hi Ron,

> to me this website provided a good summary:

> Kind regards from wet Black Forest

> Flo

> Am 04.06.2020 06:08 schrieb Ron <ronthiel10@...>:

>    Hi again,

>    I came across these on familysearch recently (hope a link is ok)

>    My question is : I am hoping to locate a card for my ancestor

>    Philipp Kilzer who settled in Jahrmarkt in 1748. I have started

>    looking at the individual films - many of records state

>    "einquartiert in Wien 1770"

>    Which leads me to believe that many are from a later time period. I

>    have found some earlier dates but so far have been unsuccessful in

>    my search. (I realise that I have to also take into account

>    differences in spelling of the name when searching etc).  Does

>    anyone have any experience in searching these microfilms ?. Are any

>    years missing?

>    I am also interested in when these cards were actually created (some

>    are typed / some are handwritten), does anyone know the background ?

>    I have seen a scan of one page from the original books - has their

>    ever been online access to them? I would be interested to know.

>    Thanks again for your help.

>    Ron

Ron

Hi everyone, greetings from (sunny today), Melbourne, Australia.

Thanks again for your help. The history of the Ansiedler cards is very interesting.

I have the Jahrmarkt Ortsippen bucher and what I know about Johann Philipp Kiltzer :
·        Born in Ebschied 14 March 1700
·        Baptised at the Church in Laubach – Family search records + other family trees
·        Married to Anna Arnold in Biebern - 2 October 1735 (2nd wife)
·        Arrived Jahrmarkt 1748 – according to Jahrmarkt website

But, a closer look reveals that his 9th child was born  1755 in Biebern and that his 10th child was born in Jahrmarkt in 1752. Possibly a typo or illegible date in the records.

Going through this I realise that when I am searching the ansiedler cards that the last place he lived at was Biebern. I addition to that I found a while ago (to my great surprise) that some of the Jahrmarkt church books are online at Family Search. (https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/12639?availability=Family%20History%20Library)

I found Philipps entry in the Jahrmarkt Death Register for 1771, its in Latin but does state he was “ex palatinata inferiori”, pic below :

I also found record another for someone else that states “ex Lothringia”.

So I think I have a few alternatives for how the place of origin was written in the Ansiedler records (although not in latin), and also the year.

Hi Florian,

I always thought the people in Siebenburgen were an earlier separate immigration – I didn’t realise some were that late ie, 1770. I’m pretty sure my ancestors were Catholic and not Lutheran – (although I’ve been told that some people did become Catholics to be included).

Thanks for the tip on Wilhelm+Kalkbrunner - Quellen zur deutschen Siedlungsgeschichte in Südosteuropa.

Have a nice day 😊

Ron

Cathy Reece

Florian,

Any idea how I would research my ancestors from Fridingen D.U,.Tuttlingen in the Black Forest.  They went to the Banat in 1786.

Are there church records there and is Tuttlingen currently  a place in
Schwarzwald?

How do you find a genealogist in Germany?

Cathy
USA

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 12:58 AM Florian Straub <Flominator@...> wrote:
[...]

Dear Cathy,

what is always a good starting point, at least for Baden-Württemberg, is
GenWiki.

There is a page about Fridingen:
http://wiki-de.genealogy.net/Fridingen_an_der_Donau

There they say that catholics had their own parish, while evangelics
went to Neuhausen ob Eck.

What confession were your ancestors?

FamilySearch has the catholic church books indexed:
https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/109417?availability=Family%20History%20Library

The originals are in Diözesanarchiv Rottenburg.

Maybe it would be an idea to join the Baden-Württemberg mailing list
BaWue-L and post, what you have about them:

Fridingen is not part of Black Forest (Schwarzwald) it is situated
somewhere between the landscapes of Baar and Schwäbische Alb.

<mailto:ronthiel10@...>>:

[...]

Thank you for information on Tuttlingen and Black Forest.This information is very helpful.
cathy

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020, 5:16 AM Florian Straub <Flominator@...> wrote:
Hello again,

I managed to take a look at "Wilhelm+Kalkbrunner - Quellen zur deutschen
Siedlungsgeschichte in Südosteuropa" and found a section titled:

"Liste der von Steiermark und Kärnten nach Siebenbürger abgeschobenen
Lutheraner.
(Hermannstadt, Baron-Bruckenthal-Museum, Franz Zimmermannsche
Handschriftensammlung, Nr. 182)"

It contains two interesting suspects:
- 322/38: Johann Kiltzer from Grünberg => Biberstein, Klagenfurt
- 323/1: Simon Giltzer from Himmelberg => Himmelberg, Klagenfurt

I do not know if people settling in Siebenbürgen would fit to the ones
you are researching, but the Klagenfurth area seems to be a good bet.

Kind regards from wet Black Forest,

Flo

Florian Straub schrieb am 04.06.2020 um 06:57:
> Hi Ron,
>
> to me this website provided a good summary:
> https://www.genealogy.ro/cont/3.htm
>
> Kind regards from wet Black Forest
>
> Flo
>
> Am 04.06.2020 06:08 schrieb Ron <ronthiel10@...>:
>
>     Hi again,
>
>     I came across these on familysearch recently (hope a link is ok)
>
>     https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/173251?availability=Family%20History%20Library
>
>     My question is : I am hoping to locate a card for my ancestor
>     Philipp Kilzer who settled in Jahrmarkt in 1748. I have started
>     looking at the individual films - many of records state
>     "einquartiert in Wien 1770"
>
>     Which leads me to believe that many are from a later time period. I
>     have found some earlier dates but so far have been unsuccessful in
>     my search. (I realise that I have to also take into account
>     differences in spelling of the name when searching etc).  Does
>     anyone have any experience in searching these microfilms ?. Are any
>     years missing?
>
>     I am also interested in when these cards were actually created (some
>     are typed / some are handwritten), does anyone know the background ?
>     I have seen a scan of one page from the original books - has their
>     ever been online access to them? I would be interested to know.
>
>     Thanks again for your help.
>
>     Ron

Cathy Reece

Dear Florian,
Thank you for the information.  Appreciate the info from the Black Rorest.  My family says we are originally from there--just can't find the connection yet.

Thanks again.

Cathy Reece