Topics

Banater Akten

Arthur Grun

Dear All,
I am researching my father's family (He was Josef Grun born in 1918 in Deutsch Zerne). I believe the Banater Akten contains records of German settlers who colonised the Banat during the C18. Can anybody help by either pointing me in the direction of how I can access this archive or inform me as to whether my family is recorded in this archive. I am aware that my family is recorded as being in the Banat from the 18th Century.
Many thanks for any assistance in the search and a happy New Year to one and all.
Best Regards
Arthur Grun

Florian Straub

Dear Arthur,

maybe Google translating this German GenWiki page about them will help:

http://wiki-de.genealogy.net/Banater_Akten (also has an English
explanation link)

I checked Wilhelm und Kallbrunner for the name and found:

Grun Cornelius 63 67
travelled through Vienna on 12 May 1766
came from "Kunstein aus dem Trierischen"
(W&K didn't know where that was)

Grun Michael 49 46 oder 40
was from "Gissingen aus Lothringen" (district Saargmünd),
settled in 1756 at Gajdobra, Batschka

Krum Martin 265 13
1785, in total five people, document is about settlement in Hungary, was
from "Lemberger Glashütte im Haunauischen" (district of Pirmasens).

Hope that helps.

Kind regards from white Black Forest,

Flo

Arthur Grun schrieb am 30.12.2020 um 12:15:

Dear All,
I am researching my father's family (He was Josef Grun born in 1918 in
Deutsch Zerne). I believe the Banater Akten contains records of German
settlers who colonised the Banat during the C18. Can anybody help by
either pointing me in the direction of how I can access this archive or
inform me as to whether my family is recorded in this archive. I am
aware that my family is recorded as being in the Banat from the 18th
Century.
Many thanks for any assistance in the search and a happy New Year to one
and all.
Best Regards
Arthur Grun

Erin Kampf

Hi Arthur,

I recently received some good information on how to access/use the Banater Atken. I would suggest you read through this thread: https://banat.groups.io/g/everybody/message/1609. The initial posts are related to a Familienbuch entry, but as you scroll down, you will see the discussion migrate to Banater Atken, as well as Stader and WK. It may be helpful to provide you some background.

Good luck with your search!
Erin

Erin Kampf

Hi again Arthur,

You don't mention if you have any further info on your family beyond your father. If you haven't already looked for them in the DZ Familienbuch, this may be a better starting point. I think it would be difficult to connect your father directly to one of the GRUN families who migrated ~150 years before he was born. There are about 6 pages of GRUN families included in the DZ Familienbuch - I'd be happy to send you relevant entries if you need these.

Erin