Topics

Bernauer family #stefansfeld

Amy Bernauer

Hello folks--

Hoping someone can help me with a lookup in the Stefansfeld Familienbuch. My husband's great-grandfather Johann Bernauer (1865-1928) was born in Stefansfeld and came to the US with his wife and family in 1911. His death certificate says his parents are Thomas Bernauer and Katherina Stoffel, but I haven't found any information on them. Dave Dreyer's ship database states that his parents are Dominik Bernauer and Katherina Stoffl. I found Dominik Bernauer in the Bogarosch Familienbuch, but I can't connect the two. Could someone possibly look them up for me? I plan to buy the transcription myself once my finances have recovered from COVID shutdown.

Thanks in advance,
Amy Bernauer from California

Wayne Bartl

Amy, From the church book indexes.

There is a Johann Bernauer born April 13, 1865 in Stefansfeld to Dominik and Katharina Stoffel.

 A Dominik and Katharina Stoffel married in 1855 in Stefansfeld.

Wayne

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 8:19 AM Amy Bernauer <amyi4206@...> wrote:
Hello folks--

Hoping someone can help me with a lookup in the Stefansfeld Familienbuch. My husband's great-grandfather Johann Bernauer (1865-1928) was born in Stefansfeld and came to the US with his wife and family in 1911. His death certificate says his parents are Thomas Bernauer and Katherina Stoffel, but I haven't found any information on them. Dave Dreyer's ship database states that his parents are Dominik Bernauer and Katherina Stoffl. I found Dominik Bernauer in the Bogarosch Familienbuch, but I can't connect the two. Could someone possibly look them up for me? I plan to buy the transcription myself once my finances have recovered from COVID shutdown.

Thanks in advance,
Amy Bernauer from California

Karen Dalton Preston

Hi Amy,

Here is the info you asked for.  Johann is the son of Domink and Kath. Stoffel.  I also included the listing for Johann with wife Magdalena Wagner and the entry for their son Philipp in Chicago.

Best regards,
—Karen

— from the Familienbuch Stefansfeld by Hans Awender

Page 104:
53.007,0 BERNAUER Dominik
* Bogarosch
1oo 1855 Stefansfeld
Stoffel Katharina
* ? +1889 Stefansfeld
Parents: [not provided]
children: [the 1 next to the children’s names means they are children of the 1st marriage]
1 Nikolaus *26 08.1856 Stefansfeld
1 Nikolaus *22 02 1858 Stefansfeld
1 Anna *09 02 1861 Stefansfeld
1 Katharina *19.12.1862 Stefansfeld 103.013,0 B
1 Johann *13 04.1865 Stefansfeld   53.016,0 B
1 Franz *27 06.1868 Stefansfeld
1 Franz *23.10.1869 Stefansfeld
1 Mathias *03 01.1873 Stefansfeld

Page 105-106:
53.016,0 BERNAUER Johann
Parents: 53.007,0 B = Dominik B. & Kath. Stoffel
Ch
* 13.04.1865 Stefansfeld + 1928 Ch
1. oo
Wagner Magdalena
* 17.04.1872 Stefanfeld + 1944 Ch
Parents: 3.024,0 W = Mathias W. & Katharina Zivay
children :
1 Johann Philipp *31.10.1891 Stefansfeld   53.025,0B

Page 106-107:
53.025,0 BERNAUER Philipp
Parents: 53.016,0 B = Johann B, & Magdalena Wagner
*31.10.1891 Stefansfeld
President des größten donauschwäbischen
Hilfswerkes in USA (der Amerikan Aid and Old
Peoples Home Society in Chicago)

[name of wife not provided]
children :
1 Nikolaus