Topics

Bob Madler

Rosina T. Schmidt

Hello Steve,

We are all sorry to hear that you have lost your uncle, "OUR" BOB MADLER! The award that he received at Mt. Angel with Dr. Dave Dreyer, and Dr. John Michels was well deserved. We all owe him a great thank-you for establishing the Banat-L, a home away from home for many of us looking for our roots.

And we owe you, Steve, a great thank-you also for taking over the Banat-L from Bob’s hands in due time and leading it successfully so many years.

May Bob rest in peace.

Rosina T. Schmidt
www.hrastovac.net

On 12162020AD--, at 8:25 20000AM, Steve Herold <steveh@...> wrote:

My cousin, Bob Madler, 92, died in his sleep over the weekend.  Bob started the Banat  mailing list in 1995.  Bob wasn’t technical but somehow he got a local service provider to start the list.  Bob did an outstanding job of nurturing and financing the list in its early days.
I forget the year but at The Donauschwaben Heritage Celebration in Mt. Angel, Oregon, Dave Dreyer, John Michels, and Bob Madler were given awards in recognition of their outstanding contributions to the Donauschwaben community.

Steve Herold

Anna Lorenz

I fully agree with this and send my condolences.
Thank you for continuing his work Steve.

Möge er in Frieden ruhen
Anni

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 16. Dezember 2020 um 19:02 Uhr
Von: "Rosina T. Schmidt" <rosinatschmidt@...>
An: everybody@banat.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [banat] Bob Madler
[...]

Dave Dreyer

Steve,

I am not sure of Bob's most recent residence but if you run across an obituary for Bob in any of the ND newspapers could you please post a copy to the list?

Thanks
Dave Dreyer