Topics

Deutsch Zerne Familienbuch - Grun

Arthur Grun

I would really appreciate some help in interpreting the following from the DZ Familienbuch regarding my father. The information is as follows:-
4 = 4th child of Christoph & Katharina Grun
Josef = Christian name
* = Sign for birth
~ = Sign for baptism
07/08.06.1918 = Dob but what does 07/08 mean?
SZ/DZ = Place of birth
P.: Mich. Schafer, A. Kremer (geb. Schmidt) <3041> = I need help on all of this please
A big thank you to anyone who can help me.
Best Regards
Arthur Grun

Rosina T. Schmidt

Hello Artur,
07/08.06.1918 indicates the date. The child was born on the 7th or 8th of June 1918. Or it could mean born on the 7th and baptized on the 8th of June. Look at explanations in front of the book.

P.: Mich. Schafer, A. Kremer (geb. Schmidt) <3041>

P. For Godparents
<3041> see under that family number.

I hope it helps.

Rosina T. Schmidt
www.hrastovac.net

On 11122020AD--, at 7:55 41000AM, Arthur Grun <acfgrun910@...> wrote:

I would really appreciate some help in interpreting the following from the DZ Familienbuch regarding my father. The information is as follows:-
4 = 4th child of Christoph & Katharina Grun
Josef = Christian name
* = Sign for birth
~ = Sign for baptism
07/08.06.1918 = Dob but what does 07/08 mean?
SZ/DZ = Place of birth
P.: Mich. Schafer, A. Kremer (geb. Schmidt) <3041> = I need help on all of this please
A big thank you to anyone who can help me.
Best Regards
Arthur Grun

Arthur Grun

Thank you so much Rosina. So very kind of you to get back to me so quickly.
Best Regards
Arthur Grun

On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 at 16:02, Rosina T. Schmidt <rosinatschmidt@...> wrote:
[...]

Karen Dalton Preston

Arthur,

07/08.06.1918 = Dob but what does 07/08 mean?

The 2 dates indicate birth and baptism. This means the child was born on 07 June 1918 and the /08 means he was baptized on the 8th.

The SZ/DZ means the child was born in Serbish-Zerne and baptized in Deutsch-Zerne.  Serbish Zerne did not have it’s own Church; residents would have been part of the parish of D-Zerne.

P: = the names of the godparents; the <3041> is the number for another family, usually it would be the number for Josef with his wife and family, but that family number points to the family of Johann GLASZ.  You might check the number.

The family numbers in the D-Zerne CD file that are written in blue are “hot links” to that family number.  If you click on those blue numbers, it will take you to the family number that is referenced.

—Karen