Topics

[DS] New Banat Site #feed

Florian Straub

Dear Rosina,

as fas as I got it, BANAT-L by definition always has been only about
Banat and Donauschwaben-L about the whole Donauschwaben-Area (but
theoretically without the Banat parts that were not inhabited by
Donauschwabs).

Best

Flo

Rosina via Donauschwaben-L schrieb am 09.02.2020 um 00:43:

Thank you, David,

The New Banat Site looks great!

However, do I understand correctly that it now covers ONLY one of the SIX Danube Swabian areas, just Banat, and no longer the other FIVE DS areas, the Swabian Turkey (Baranya, Tolna, and Somogy), the Batschka, the Satmar, the Slavonia (with Bosnia and Syrmia), and the Central Hungarian Highlands?

More on Danube Swabian history please see:

https://hrastovac.net/historical-information-2/danube-swabian-history/ <https://hrastovac.net/historical-information-2/danube-swabian-history/>

The List for all the SIX areas in both German and English is: donauschwaben-l@... <mailto:donauschwaben-l@...>

Greetings from Vancouver Island,

Rosina T. Schmidt
www.hrastovac.net

Rosina T. Schmidt

Hello Florian,

The times are a-changing for sure. Way back in the dark times of the Danube-Swabian English speaking Research circles, BANAT-L was the portal that included all six DS areas. Just because we did not know better. We even had conferences in Mt. Angel not only for Banat, but for all DS areas. Remember those times?

So now, the "New Banat Site” is covering only the one of the six DS areas, the BANAT, if fI understand it right.

 donauschwaben-l@... is still the List for all the DS areas.