German meaning?

Kogaylene Ruddick

Johan Matthias Bitsch and Christian Bitsch to Orten Odenwald in southern Germany. They each married their 'Grose Bauerhof' Johan Matthias to Bitschhof in Breitenwiesen and Christian Bitsch took over at his wedding Jacob Zefuss, farm in Raidelbach

I came across the above.  Does Orten Odenwald mean “in Odenwald place or area”??

What does ‘Grose Bauerhof’ mean?

‘Bitschof’ does this mean their Bitsch home?

Thank you to anyone who can shed light on this.

Kogaylene

Florian Straub

"-hof" implies either a farm or a location name that is derived from a farm. Can you please post the whole source/record for a bit more context and complete sentences?

Rosina T. Schmidt

Hello Kogaylene,

Odenwald is a famous mountain range in Germany’s Hessian state: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odenwald

As Florian Straub indicated a “Hof” in that sense translates into a Farm.

Grose(ss) Baurnhof = a big farm

Bitsch-hof (correct spelling) is a farm named “Bitsch”, after the original or current owner.

The translation about “they each married…” is not correct. Probably should have be “inherited” the big farm (Bauernhof). Johann Matthias received the Bitschhof (Bitsch-farm) in Breitenwiesen and 
Christina Bitsch took over at his wedding the Jacob Zeufuss’ farm in Reidelbach.

Christian could have been given by his parents the Reidelbach farm or he could have married into that farm. 

Can you send the original German version of that document?

Rosina T. Schmidt 
www.hrastovac.net

On 05012021AD--, at 11:26 50000PM, Kogaylene Ruddick <kdruddick@...> wrote:

Johan Matthias Bitsch and Christian Bitsch to Orten Odenwald in southern Germany. They each married their 'Grose Bauerhof' Johan Matthias to Bitschhof in Breitenwiesen and Christian Bitsch took over at his wedding Jacob Zefuss, farm in Raidelbach

I came across the above.  Does Orten Odenwald mean “in Odenwald place or area”??

Kogaylene

Kogaylene Ruddick

Johan Matthias Bitsch og Christian Bitsch til Orten Odenwald i sydtyskland. De giftede sig til hver sin "Grose Bauerhof" Johan Matthias til Bitschhof i Breitenwiesen og Christian Bitsch overtog ved sit giftemål Jacob Zefuss,s gård i Raidelbach, herfra førtes Bitschnavnet til Alheden

Above is the German for the questions I had asked below.

Kogaylene

On May 2, 2021, at 6:40 AM, Rosina T. Schmidt <rosinatschmidt@...> wrote:

Hello Kogaylene,

Odenwald is a famous mountain range in Germany’s Hessian state: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odenwald

Bitsch-hof (correct spelling) is a farm named “Bitsch”, after the original or current owner.

The translation about “they each married…” is not correct. Probably should have be “inherited” the big farm (Bauernhof). Johann Matthias received the Bitschhof (Bitsch-farm) in Breitenwiesen and 
Christina Bitsch took over at his wedding the Jacob Zeufuss’ farm in Reidelbach.

Christian could have been given by his parents the Reidelbach farm or he could have married into that farm. 

Rosina T. Schmidt 
www.hrastovac.net

Kogaylene

Florian Straub

Nope, that's Danish, I think

Am 02.05.2021 21:15 schrieb Kogaylene Ruddick <kdruddick@...>:

Johan Matthias Bitsch og Christian Bitsch til Orten Odenwald i sydtyskland. De giftede sig til hver sin "Grose Bauerhof" Johan Matthias til Bitschhof i Breitenwiesen og Christian Bitsch overtog ved sit giftemål Jacob Zefuss,s gård i Raidelbach, herfra førtes Bitschnavnet til Alheden

Kogaylene

Hello Kogaylene,

Rosina T. Schmidt 
www.hrastovac.net

Kogaylene

Werner Mueller

https://www.geni.com/people/Christian-Bitsch/6000000002502945020

Am 02.05.2021 um 21:33 schrieb Florian Straub:

Kogaylene

Hello Kogaylene,

Rosina T. Schmidt 
www.hrastovac.net

Kogaylene

Rosina T. Schmidt

Hallo Kogaylane,

How lucky for you, to have received the information on the roots of your Bitsch ancestors. As Florian Straub mentioned, the info is in Danish, a language that I do not speak. But it points out that your Bitsch people left Gründenwald in Switzerland after the end of 30-year war in 1648 and eventually settled in the state of Hesse where after many years later those two brothers later received a farm each, as it was stated in out last conversation.

Hopefully there is someone in our circle who speaks Danish and can tell you more about the details.

Regards,

Rosina T. Schmidt 
www.hrastovac.net

On 05022021AD--, at 1:20 24000PM, Werner Mueller <werner.mueller@...> wrote:

Kogaylene

Hello Kogaylene,

Rosina T. Schmidt 
www.hrastovac.net

Kogaylene

Martin Kempf

Hello,

deepl.com gives this translation from Danish to English

"Johan Matthias Bitsch and Christian Bitsch to the town of Odenwald in southern Germany. They married to each "Grose Bauerhof" Johan Matthias to Bitschhof in Breitenwiesen and Christian Bitsch took over by his marriage Jacob Zefuss,s farm in Raidelbach, from here the Bitsch name was carried to Alheden"

I don't speak Danish either...

Le 03/05/2021 à 03:47, Rosina T. Schmidt a écrit :
Hallo Kogaylane,

How lucky for you, to have received the information on the roots of your Bitsch ancestors. As Florian Straub mentioned, the info is in Danish, a language that I do not speak. But it points out that your Bitsch people left Gründenwald in Switzerland after the end of 30-year war in 1648 and eventually settled in the state of Hesse where after many years later those two brothers later received a farm each, as it was stated in out last conversation.

Hopefully there is someone in our circle who speaks Danish and can tell you more about the details.

Regards,

Rosina T. Schmidt 
www.hrastovac.net

Kogaylene

Hello Kogaylene,

Rosina T. Schmidt 
www.hrastovac.net

Kogaylene

Florian Straub

I've also found him at WikiTree and inserted links to the others profiles available:
https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Bitsch-33

The profile at FamilySearch also explains how they spread:
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/GM4M-LP4

Gesendet: Montag, 03. Mai 2021 um 08:47 Uhr
Von: "Martin Kempf" <m-kempf@...>
An: everybody@banat.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [banat] German meaning?
Hello,

"Johan Matthias Bitsch and Christian Bitsch to the town of Odenwald in southern Germany. They married to each "Grose Bauerhof" Johan Matthias to Bitschhof in Breitenwiesen and Christian Bitsch took over by his marriage Jacob Zefuss,s farm in Raidelbach, from here the Bitsch name was carried to Alheden"

Hallo Kogaylane,

Regards,

Rosina T. Schmidt 
www.hrastovac.net

Kogaylene

Hello Kogaylene,

Rosina T. Schmidt 
www.hrastovac.net

Kogaylene

Kogaylene Ruddick

Thank you to those that have replied!  Very nice to have assistance.
Kogaylene

On May 3, 2021, at 2:14 AM, Florian Straub <Flominator@...> wrote:

I've also found him at WikiTree and inserted links to the others profiles available:

The profile at FamilySearch also explains how they spread:

Gesendet: Montag, 03. Mai 2021 um 08:47 Uhr
Von: "Martin Kempf" <m-kempf@...>
An: everybody@banat.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [banat] German meaning?
Hello,

Hallo Kogaylane,

Regards,

Rosina T. Schmidt 
www.hrastovac.net

Kogaylene

Hello Kogaylene,

Rosina T. Schmidt 
www.hrastovac.net

Kogaylene