Topics

#Glogowatz Homepage: https://www.banater-schwaben.org/vereinsleben/heimatortsgemeinschaften/glogowatz/ #Glogowatz

Helmuth Lock

Lois

Any chance this website could be accessed in English? Looking like an interesting website.

On Feb 1, 2020, at 11:58 AM, Helmuth Lock <hlock@...> wrote:

Google Translate can help (if not be your friend entirely).

Go to https://translate.google.com and paste in the address above. You get this:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.banater-schwaben.org%2Fvereinsleben%2Fheimatortsgemeinschaften%2Fglogowatz%2F

Will be an interesting read; Google gets some things really "interesting" with their translation. But better than nothing if your German is lacking.
Cheers,
--
David Preston
Banat List Admin

Gary Arnold

Yes that would certainly be wonderful!

On Saturday, February 1, 2020, 11:20 AM, David Preston <banatmailer@...> wrote:

Google Translate can help (if not be your friend entirely).

Go to https://translate.google.com and paste in the address above. You get this:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.banater-schwaben.org%2Fvereinsleben%2Fheimatortsgemeinschaften%2Fglogowatz%2F

Will be an interesting read; Google gets some things really "interesting" with their translation. But better than nothing if your German is lacking.
Cheers,
--
David Preston
Banat List Admin

Gary Arnold

I just saw your email David. I’ll give you Google translate a try

On Saturday, February 1, 2020, 11:20 AM, Gary Arnold via Groups.Io <garyparnold@...> wrote:

Yes that would certainly be wonderful!

On Saturday, February 1, 2020, 11:20 AM, David Preston <banatmailer@...> wrote:

Google Translate can help (if not be your friend entirely).

Go to https://translate.google.com and paste in the address above. You get this:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.banater-schwaben.org%2Fvereinsleben%2Fheimatortsgemeinschaften%2Fglogowatz%2F

Will be an interesting read; Google gets some things really "interesting" with their translation. But better than nothing if your German is lacking.
Cheers,
--
David Preston
Banat List Admin

Michael Kaiser

That would be my proposal as well.

Am 01.02.2020 um 19:20 schrieb David Preston:
Google Translate can help (if not be your friend entirely).

Go to https://translate.google.com and paste in the address above. You get this:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.banater-schwaben.org%2Fvereinsleben%2Fheimatortsgemeinschaften%2Fglogowatz%2F

Will be an interesting read; Google gets some things really "interesting" with their translation. But better than nothing if your German is lacking.
Cheers,
--
David Preston
Banat List Admin
--
Schönen Tag noch ...

Michael Kaiser
Redakteur (DJV)
Oerlinghauser Str. 112
32758 Detmold

http://muss-ja.de
http://fotomiko.de

+49 (0)5232 850216 fon
+49 (0)176 47526280 mobil

Lois

Thank you ever so much. I will enjoy reading about all the villages that ancestors came from.

On Feb 1, 2020, at 1:22 PM, Michael Kaiser via Groups.Io <mkdt@...> wrote:

[...]

Martin Kempf

Try also deepl.com, I got fabulous results with it, better than google...
(but you will have to copy-paste the text, and there is a desktop program to download which facilitates the copy-paste process)

Martin Kempf

Le 01/02/2020 à 19:20, David Preston a écrit :

Google Translate can help (if not be your friend entirely).

Go to https://translate.google.com and paste in the address above. You get this:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.banater-schwaben.org%2Fvereinsleben%2Fheimatortsgemeinschaften%2Fglogowatz%2F

Will be an interesting read; Google gets some things really "interesting" with their translation. But better than nothing if your German is lacking.
Cheers,
--
David Preston
Banat List Admin

Larry Fischer

You can also add the Microsoft Translator to the Edge browser. Install it from the Microsoft Store.

Regards, Larry Fischer

Martin Peckham

I tried deepl and it does allow copy and paste, at least with Chrome and Windows 7.  It claims to detect "any language".  The test that I use is to translate Chinese.  It failed to detect that what I pasted was Chinese text.
I then pasted in a letter that I have that was written in German and it did an good job.  It translated some of the words used (only?) in Banat German incorrectly.  For example in the letter  "fiel" was used and it was translated as "fall" instead of the intended "viel" (much).  Of course, the writer might have put the wrong German words in.
Marty