Topics

Hatzfeld Family Books

elaine ess

Hello group,
Does anyone know of anyone interested in selling a copy of the Hatzfeld book?  I know it is currently sold out.  Or is there a possible PDF or CD version available yet?
Thanking you in advance,
Elaine Ess

Charlie Tiller

Hi Elaine (or maybe others?),

Since it has come up, perhaps I would part with my Hatzfeld Family Book set. I also have Deutsch Zerne if there is interest. These sets are in excellent physical condition, just filling shelf space.

If memory serves correctly, one of the two sets (Hatzfeld?) is supplemented by an update CD which I could include with the hard copy. I'll have to double check on that. By principle and preference, I won't send the CD version without also transferring the hard copy tomes from my bookshelf to yours.

Please allow me a few weeks to confirm I have all the data I need before reaching a final  arrangement. With regard to pricing, profit is not my motive; the primary costs would probably be the packing and shipping unless the effort grows unwieldy.

Elaine (or others if she finds a copy elsewhere) can correspond directly with me rather than cluttering the Banat list: charlietiller@... .

Best wishes to all,
Charlie Tiller
St. Paul, MN

[Tiller, Kampf, Kovacs/Schmied, Fechter and others in Hatzfeld, Grabatz, Deutsch Zerne and Toba environs of Torontal district]

From: everybody@banat.groups.io <everybody@banat.groups.io> on behalf of elaine ess <lanieess@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 11:10:58 AM
To: everybody@banat.groups.io <everybody@banat.groups.io>
Subject: [banat] Hatzfeld Family Books

Hello group,
Does anyone know of anyone interested in selling a copy of the Hatzfeld book?  I know it is currently sold out.  Or is there a possible PDF or CD version available yet?
Thanking you in advance,
Elaine Ess

Karen Dalton Preston

FYI all,

Since the subject of a Hatzfeld CD was raised in Charlie’s email, let me clarify.  A CD for the 6-volume Hatzfeld set was never released. 

There was a CD released for Deutsch-Zerne.  After the 2 volume set of books for D-Zerne was released, and sold-out, some additional records came to light, and the authors released a CD version update which included a substantial amount of new data.

The D-Zerne CD is still available for purchase  See www.banatbooks.com, or contact me.

—Karen Preston

On Jan 26, 2021, at 1:29 PM, Charlie Tiller <charlietiller@...> wrote:

Since it has come up, perhaps I would part with my Hatzfeld Family Book set. I also have Deutsch Zerne if there is interest. These sets are in excellent physical condition, just filling shelf space.

If memory serves correctly, one of the two sets (Hatzfeld?) is supplemented by an update CD which I could include with the hard copy. I'll have to double check on that. By principle and preference, I won't send the CD version without also transferring the hard copy tomes from my bookshelf to yours.

Please allow me a few weeks to confirm I have all the data I need before reaching a final  arrangement. With regard to pricing, profit is not my motive; the primary costs would probably be the packing and shipping unless the effort grows unwieldy.

Elaine (or others if she finds a copy elsewhere) can correspond directly with me rather than cluttering the Banat list: charlietiller@... .

Best wishes to all,
Charlie Tiller
St. Paul, MN

[Tiller, Kampf, Kovacs/Schmied, Fechter and others in Hatzfeld, Grabatz, Deutsch Zerne and Toba environs of Torontal district]

From: everybody@banat.groups.io <everybody@banat.groups.io> on behalf of elaine ess <lanieess@...>

Hello group,
Thanking you in advance,
Elaine Ess

elaine ess

Hi Charlie,
I am interested in the books and I have emailed you directly.
Thank you
Elaine

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 1:34 PM Charlie Tiller <charlietiller@...> wrote:

Best wishes to all,
Charlie Tiller
St. Paul, MN

Hello group,
Thanking you in advance,
Elaine Ess

Charlie Tiller

My thanks to Karen for clarifying about the D-Zerne CD. Those who made the work happen deserve the modest rewards while official sales are ongoing.

Charlie Tiller

From: everybody@banat.groups.io <everybody@banat.groups.io> on behalf of Karen Dalton Preston <karen@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 12:48:41 PM
To: Banat.io List <everybody@banat.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [banat] Hatzfeld Family Books

FYI all,

Since the subject of a Hatzfeld CD was raised in Charlie’s email, let me clarify.  A CD for the 6-volume Hatzfeld set was never released. 

There was a CD released for Deutsch-Zerne.  After the 2 volume set of books for D-Zerne was released, and sold-out, some additional records came to light, and the authors released a CD version update which included a substantial amount of new data.

The D-Zerne CD is still available for purchase  See www.banatbooks.com, or contact me.

—Karen Preston

Best wishes to all,
Charlie Tiller
St. Paul, MN

Hello group,
Thanking you in advance,
Elaine Ess

Karen Dalton Preston

Many thanks for the kind words.  But, what I and other authors of family books get is just the satisfaction of keeping the history alive.  We are all volunteers and are not compensated for our work or our time.  

The money generated by book and CD sales goes to fund photographing new records in Serbia and Romania.  To get the clear digital photographs of Church books that we use to create the family books, organizations such as the AVBF and the AKdFF pay researchers to go into the Archives to photograph the books.  This also usually involves paying hefty fees to the Archives to get their permission for the photography.

Writing a family book is a labor of love.

—Karen

On Jan 26, 2021, at 2:09 PM, Charlie Tiller <charlietiller@...> wrote:

My thanks to Karen for clarifying about the D-Zerne CD. Those who made the work happen deserve the modest rewards while official sales are ongoing.

Charlie Tiller

From: everybody@banat.groups.io <everybody@banat.groups.io> on behalf of Karen Dalton Preston <karen@...>

FYI all,

—Karen Preston

Best wishes to all,
Charlie Tiller
St. Paul, MN

Hello group,
Thanking you in advance,
Elaine Ess

Charlie Tiller

On further review, I remain willing to part with my Deutsch Zerne family book hard copy, which is out of print. The two-volume set is gently used and in good condition. I am aware there is an amended CD edition still available, but perhaps someone will appreciate having a tangible artifact for the family shelf.

Please contact me by personal email if you are interested.

Charlie Tiller
Charlietiller@...

Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 1:19:43 PM

Many thanks for the kind words.  But, what I and other authors of family books get is just the satisfaction of keeping the history alive.  We are all volunteers and are not compensated for our work or our time.  

The money generated by book and CD sales goes to fund photographing new records in Serbia and Romania.  To get the clear digital photographs of Church books that we use to create the family books, organizations such as the AVBF and the AKdFF pay researchers to go into the Archives to photograph the books.  This also usually involves paying hefty fees to the Archives to get their permission for the photography.

Writing a family book is a labor of love.

—Karen

On Jan 26, 2021, at 2:09 PM, Charlie Tiller <charlietiller@...> wrote:

Charlie Tiller

FYI all,

—Karen Preston

Best wishes to all,
Charlie Tiller
St. Paul, MN

Hello group,
Thanking you in advance,
Elaine Ess