From: everybody@banat.groups.io <everybody@banat.groups.io> on behalf of elaine ess <lanieess@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 11:10:58 AM
To: everybody@banat.groups.io <everybody@banat.groups.io>
Subject: [banat] Hatzfeld Family Books

Hello group,
Does anyone know of anyone interested in selling a copy of the Hatzfeld book?  I know it is currently sold out.  Or is there a possible PDF or CD version available yet?
Thanking you in advance,
Elaine Ess

Karen Dalton Preston

FYI all,

Since the subject of a Hatzfeld CD was raised in Charlie’s email, let me clarify.  A CD for the 6-volume Hatzfeld set was never released.

There was a CD released for Deutsch-Zerne.  After the 2 volume set of books for D-Zerne was released, and sold-out, some additional records came to light, and the authors released a CD version update which included a substantial amount of new data.

The D-Zerne CD is still available for purchase  See www.banatbooks.com, or contact me.

—Karen Preston

On Jan 26, 2021, at 1:29 PM, Charlie Tiller <charlietiller@...> wrote:

Hi Elaine (or maybe others?),

Since it has come up, perhaps I would part with my Hatzfeld Family Book set. I also have Deutsch Zerne if there is interest. These sets are in excellent physical condition, just filling shelf space.

If memory serves correctly, one of the two sets (Hatzfeld?) is supplemented by an update CD which I could include with the hard copy. I'll have to double check on that. By principle and preference, I won't send the CD version without also transferring the hard copy tomes from my bookshelf to yours.

Please allow me a few weeks to confirm I have all the data I need before reaching a final  arrangement. With regard to pricing, profit is not my motive; the primary costs would probably be the packing and shipping unless the effort grows unwieldy.

Elaine (or others if she finds a copy elsewhere) can correspond directly with me rather than cluttering the Banat list: charlietiller@... .

Best wishes to all,
Charlie Tiller
St. Paul, MN

[Tiller, Kampf, Kovacs/Schmied, Fechter and others in Hatzfeld, Grabatz, Deutsch Zerne and Toba environs of Torontal district]

Does anyone know of anyone interested in selling a copy of the Hatzfeld book?  I know it is currently sold out.  Or is there a possible PDF or CD version available yet?
Thanking you in advance,
Elaine Ess

elaine ess

Hi Charlie,
I am interested in the books and I have emailed you directly.
Thank you
Elaine

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 1:34 PM Charlie Tiller <charlietiller@...> wrote:
[...]

My thanks to Karen for clarifying about the D-Zerne CD. Those who made the work happen deserve the modest rewards while official sales are ongoing.

Charlie Tiller