Topics

Help?

joe schiller

Hi everybody,

I’m trying to hunt down information on my grandfather’s sister -

Zsofia Schiller was born 12 November 1892 in Glogon

Her brother, my grandfather, Josef Schiller, was born 3 March 1891 in Glogon and died 30 January 1964 in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Their parents were -

Father - Mathias Schiller, born 28 May 1854 in Glogon and died ?.

Mother - Maria Szollosy, born about 1854 unable to locate where she was born or where and when she died.

There may be other siblings for Josef and Zsofia that I am unaware of. All the info I have is from Ancestry.ca and is as accurate as those records.

Any information that can be provided will be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi Joe --

Your grandfather's sister, Zsofia SCHILLER, was married in Glogon on 9 Sep 1907 to Adam SEBAUER.  Her father, Ferencz, was deceased at this time, but her mother, Erzsebet FIRSTERER, was living.  Zsofia was 25 years old, and had never been married before.  Her husband, age 39, was from Zimony, and was a widower of Genoveva GARAY.  The witnesses were Vineze LIPTAI and Matyas [Mathias] SCHILLER.

On Zsofia's birth record, it confirms the birthdate you have of 12 Nov. 1892.  Her parents:  Matyas SCHILLER and Maria SZOLLOSY.  Witnesses:  Albert FISSINGER and ZSOFIA WENINGER.

I could do some searching to see if I can find more information, but for now, I hope this helps.

Take care --

Janis Arntz

Hi Joe --

I seem to have given you misinformation.  I was trying to research your questions at the end of the day yesterday, and I didn't realize the parent names for Zsofia are different on her birth and marriage records.  I am looking into this today, and hope to get back to you soon with some answers.

Janis

joe schiller

Thanks Janis, I really appreciate your help!