Topics

Hungarian column headings

Glenn Schwartz

Hello all,

I have some 1875 cadastre records from Zichydorf and area. With the help of Google Translate and another list member I have managed to translate most of the column headings, but I need help with a few.

Szelény - Google translates as coupon

Düllö megnevezése - Google translates as name of antelope

frt - appears to be a valuation - I believe it is Forint

kr - next column after frt, so a part of a Forint? Kroner? Krona?

Thanks to all in advance.

--
Glenn Schwartz

President, Zichydorf Village Association (http://zichydorfonline.org)
Searching: Schwartz, Kleckner, Schönherr in Zichydorf, Banat; Schüssler, Millecker, Lenhardt in Kudritz, Banat; Schwartz, Kory, Pierson/Person in Morawitza, Banat; Kalupsky/Chalupsky in Blumenthal, Banat; Bardua, Kandel, Heuchert in Kolomea, Galicia; Kuntz, Holzer, Kraft, Wolfe, Folk (Volk) in Kutschurgan, Russia; Macht in Volga, Russia.
Email: gschwartz@...

Karoly Hajdu

Hello Glenn,

Szelény was a village in Hungary. Now in south part of Slovakia. Can be a Family name as well.  Or may be there is written "Szelvény"? Szelvény means a smaller part of a biger, or coupon. Could you send me a copy to see the text?

Düllő ~ a part of an arable land

Frt - I think yes, Forint

Kr - can be Krajcár. Until 1857 1 (convention) Forint equal 60 Krajcár. Between 1858 and 1892 1 (Austrian) Forint equal 100 Krajcár. Korona come only after 1892.

Best Regards,
Károly
From Budapest

Az Android Outlook letöltése

[...]

Thank you to everyone who responded to my request. But, as is often the case in genealogy, answers spark new questions.

1. I mis-typed one of the terms. Széleny should have been Szelvény. I am satisfied with the definition of "section" that someone gave me.

2. kr - A couple of people agreed with my guess of Korona. However, Károly Hajdu said

"Kr - can be Krajcár.
Until 1857 1 (convention) Forint was equal 60 Krajcár.
Between 1858 and 1892 1 (Austrian) Forint was equal 100 Krajcár. Korona come only after 1892."

Because my documents are from 1875 and the printed headings are in Hungarian I am leaning toward Krajcár. Does anyone have any comments on this? This is not a priority item since this column is always blank and only the Forints are recorded.

I have attached a screenshot (if it works).

On 11/9/2020 4:14 PM, Karoly Hajdu wrote:

Hello Glenn,

Szelény was a village in Hungary. Now in south part of Slovakia. Can be a Family name as well.  Or may be there is written "Szelvény"? Szelvény means a smaller part of a biger, or coupon. Could you send me a copy to see the text?

Düllő ~ a part of an arable land

Frt - I think yes, Forint

Kr - can be Krajcár. Until 1857 1 (convention) Forint equal 60 Krajcár. Between 1858 and 1892 1 (Austrian) Forint equal 100 Krajcár. Korona come only after 1892.

Best Regards,
Károly
>From Budapest

Az Android Outlook letöltése

I have some 1875 cadastre records from Zichydorf and area. With the help
of Google Translate and another list member I have managed to translate
most of the column headings, but I need help with a few.

Szelény - Google translates as coupon

Düllö megnevezése - Google translates as name of antelope

frt - appears to be a valuation - I believe it is Forint

kr - next column after frt, so a part of a Forint? Kroner? Krona?

Thanks to all in advance.

--
Glenn Schwartz

President, Zichydorf Village Association (http://zichydorfonline.org)
Searching: Schwartz, Kleckner, Schönherr in Zichydorf, Banat; Schüssler, Millecker, Lenhardt in Kudritz, Banat; Schwartz, Kory, Pierson/Person in Morawitza, Banat; Kalupsky/Chalupsky in Blumenthal, Banat; Bardua, Kandel, Heuchert in Kolomea, Galicia; Kuntz, Holzer, Kraft, Wolfe, Folk (Volk) in Kutschurgan, Russia; Macht in Volga, Russia.
Email: gschwartz@...

Karoly Hajdu

Szelvény means a part in a map (chart sheet).
Surveyors use this term.