Topics

I am looking for my ancestors from Banat

Karoly Hajdu

Hello List Members,

One of my grandparent’s branches is from Mokrin.

There I still managed to get to the names of my great-grandparents, but at this point I was stuck because the antecedent of the story - it seems - is not to be found in Mokrin, but in the various settlements of the historical Banat.

In addition, Banat was splited in two part between Serbia and Romania.

The names I am looking for:

Peter Haszler, Anna Hanf, Joseph Straub, Elisabetha Reininger.

The time period is the beginning of the XIXth century.

You know any common database of Banat Germans in which I could search for these names?

With best regards,

Karoly Hajdu

From Budapest
One of my grandparents ’branches is from Mokrin.

There I still managed to get to the names of my grandparents, but at this point I was stuck because the antecedent of the story - it seems - is not to be found in Mokrin, but in the various settlements of Banat, Germany.

In addition, Banat was split in two after World War I between Serbia and Romania.

Martin Peckham

Try here:
The main link is in German but the site supports many languages.  I have had a lot of success with the village of Deta.

On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 9:30 AM Karoly Hajdu <karoly.hajdu@...> wrote:

Hello List Members,

One of my grandparent’s branches is from Mokrin.

There I still managed to get to the names of my great-grandparents, but at this point I was stuck because the antecedent of the story - it seems - is not to be found in Mokrin, but in the various settlements of the historical Banat.

In addition, Banat was splited in two part between Serbia and Romania.

The names I am looking for:

Peter Haszler, Anna Hanf, Joseph Straub, Elisabetha Reininger.

The time period is the beginning of the XIXth century.

You know any common database of Banat Germans in which I could search for these names?

With best regards,

Karoly Hajdu

From Budapest
One of my grandparents ’branches is from Mokrin.

There I still managed to get to the names of my grandparents, but at this point I was stuck because the antecedent of the story - it seems - is not to be found in Mokrin, but in the various settlements of Banat, Germany.

In addition, Banat was split in two after World War I between Serbia and Romania.

W David Samuelsen

do not forget that some of them adapted into Hungarian spellings. I came across several who did.

David Samuelsen

On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 2:05 PM Martin Peckham <res00fr1@...> wrote:
[...]

From Budapest
One of my grandparents ’branches is from Mokrin.

There I still managed to get to the names of my grandparents, but at this point I was stuck because the antecedent of the story - it seems - is not to be found in Mokrin, but in the various settlements of Banat, Germany.

In addition, Banat was split in two after World War I between Serbia and Romania.

Cathy Reece

There are a number of families with the name Hasler in the family book of Ostern.  The name is not spelled with a "z" but there was a period of time where the Hungarian government made the Germans change spelling to Hungarian in  German church birth records.  Who did Peter Haszler marry?
Cathy

On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 4:05 PM Martin Peckham <res00fr1@...> wrote:
[...]

From Budapest
One of my grandparents ’branches is from Mokrin.

There I still managed to get to the names of my grandparents, but at this point I was stuck because the antecedent of the story - it seems - is not to be found in Mokrin, but in the various settlements of Banat, Germany.

In addition, Banat was split in two after World War I between Serbia and Romania.

Karoly Hajdu

Hi Cathy,

Peter Haszler was born about 1814 (i don't know where).
His wife was Anna Hanf.
He died 1844.nov.02. in Óbéba/Beba Vece (i have only this document).
I suspect he had a close relatives (brother???), Jakab/Jacob Haszler.

Regards,
Károly

Az Android Outlook letöltése

[...]

From Budapest
One of my grandparents ’branches is from Mokrin.

There I still managed to get to the names of my grandparents, but at this point I was stuck because the antecedent of the story - it seems - is not to be found in Mokrin, but in the various settlements of Banat, Germany.

In addition, Banat was split in two after World War I between Serbia and Romania.

Cathy Reece

karoly,
Not a match Peter Hasler born in Ostern in 1859 died in Ostern 1914 No marriage noted. Sorry..

Only other Peter I see-- died at 2 weeks old..

There's a Jacob Hasler * um 1805 in Ostern--married Anna Moritz -(-spelling variation:Moricz).

Jacob has note -- Family book Marienfeld 75/938

Interesting--spelling variation for his name is Haszler

Cathy

On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 5:55 PM Karoly Hajdu <karoly.hajdu@...> wrote:
[...]

From Budapest
One of my grandparents ’branches is from Mokrin.

There I still managed to get to the names of my grandparents, but at this point I was stuck because the antecedent of the story - it seems - is not to be found in Mokrin, but in the various settlements of Banat, Germany.

In addition, Banat was split in two after World War I between Serbia and Romania.

Karoly Hajdu

Thanks Cathy,

This Jacob Haszler can be a good trace.

Here is registry entry what i found in Óbéba/Beba Veche registry.

It shows that

  • His spouse was Anna Moritz
  • my great-great-grandfather was the Godfather of Jacob’s son (his name was Peter as well ).

My suspicion is that Jakab/Jacob Haszler and my great-grandfather (Peter Haszler) were brothers.

If we find Jacob’s parents, he can also help finding Peter Haszler’s family tree.

Károly

[...]

From Budapest
One of my grandparents ’branches is from Mokrin.

There I still managed to get to the names of my grandparents, but at this point I was stuck because the antecedent of the story - it seems - is not to be found in Mokrin, but in the various settlements of Banat, Germany.

In addition, Banat was split in two after World War I between Serbia and Romania.

Cathy Reece

Karoly,
Jacob,s family (his parents and siblings and himself) is in Family book of Marienfeld--Family 75/938.

If you post a query to this list for that family entry--Peter and Jacob hopefully are listed.

CAthy
I do not have Marienfeld Family Book.

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 3:47 AM Karoly Hajdu <karoly.hajdu@...> wrote:

[...]

From Budapest
One of my grandparents ’branches is from Mokrin.

There I still managed to get to the names of my grandparents, but at this point I was stuck because the antecedent of the story - it seems - is not to be found in Mokrin, but in the various settlements of Banat, Germany.

In addition, Banat was split in two after World War I between Serbia and Romania.

From the Marienfeld-Nero FB:

0938 HASSLER Jakob,

MORITZ Anna, Willichs beim 1. Kind

Nero Paten

1 . Margaretha *14.07.1829 III/113 Johann Frei, Marg Lenhadrt

2 . Georg *01.06.1837 +28.01.1839 Georg Hunyar, Marg Frey

3 . Maria Anna *13.10.1839 Heinr Frey, Maria Anna Frey

Cheers,

--
David Preston
Banat List Admin

Also Peter Hassler

0939 HASSLER Peter, (Sd. August H. - Anna Maria Knop) 0934

*Mfd, 09.12.1813, II/178

HANEF Anna,

*Gottlob.., 1816

oo Mfd, II/97, 10.02.1834, (Ml20-Fl18), Tz: Pet Klopstein, Gg Szauder

Kinder in Mfd Paten

1 . Katharina *15.05.1835 III/208 Josef Schneider, Kath Klopstein

2 . Josef *24.10.1837 III/244 Josef Klobstein, Magd Bachmayer

Cheers,

--
David Preston
Banat List Admin

Karoly Hajdu

Hi Cathy,

Thanks again.

Károly

[...]

From Budapest
One of my grandparents ’branches is from Mokrin.

There I still managed to get to the names of my grandparents, but at this point I was stuck because the antecedent of the story - it seems - is not to be found in Mokrin, but in the various settlements of Banat, Germany.

In addition, Banat was split in two after World War I between Serbia and Romania.

Karoly Hajdu

You are great!

Károly

0939 HASSLER Peter, (Sd. August H. - Anna Maria Knop) 0934

*Mfd, 09.12.1813, II/178

HANEF Anna,

*Gottlob.., 1816

oo Mfd, II/97, 10.02.1834, (Ml20-Fl18), Tz: Pet Klopstein, Gg Szauder

Kinder in Mfd Paten

1 . Katharina *15.05.1835 III/208 Josef Schneider, Kath Klopstein

2 . Josef *24.10.1837 III/244 Josef Klobstein, Magd Bachmayer

Cheers,

--
David Preston
Banat List Admin

Karoly Hajdu

Hi David,

Do you see Jacob and Peter are siblings?

Károly

0939 HASSLER Peter, (Sd. August H. - Anna Maria Knop) 0934

*Mfd, 09.12.1813, II/178

HANEF Anna,

*Gottlob.., 1816

oo Mfd, II/97, 10.02.1834, (Ml20-Fl18), Tz: Pet Klopstein, Gg Szauder

Kinder in Mfd Paten

1 . Katharina *15.05.1835 III/208 Josef Schneider, Kath Klopstein

2 . Josef *24.10.1837 III/244 Josef Klobstein, Magd Bachmayer

Cheers,

--
David Preston
Banat List Admin

Hello Károly,
No they are not siblings because Peter's parents' family block (0934) does not list Jacob as one of their children:

0934 HASSLER Augustin,

* 1788, +Mfd, 28.07.1836, II/238, 48 J., Efr. Anna Lang

KNOP Anna Maria, Knuorin

oo Mfd, II/38, 23.02.1813, (Ml-Fl), Tz: Pet Klobstein, Kaspar Till

Kinder in Mfd Paten

1 . Peter *09.12.1813 II/178 Peter Klopstein, A Schön, 0939

2 . Christof *10.01.1816 +11.06.1822 6 J. II/134

2 . Katharina *15.01.1818 II/230 Pet Klopstein, Kath Huniar, 1122

3 . Anna *12.09.1820 +26.03.1824 Christof Hunyar, A Klopstein

4 . Christof *22.02.1823 III/31 Christof Hunyar, A Klopstein

5 . A Maria *25.12.1824 +30.03.1826 Christof Hunyar, AM Klopstein

6 . Theresia *01.03.1826 II/70 Peter Klopstein, Kath Honsin

7 . Josef *1828 +04.05.1828 8 T., II/173, kein Eintrag..,

8 . Anna *13.06.1829 +05.10.1830 Peter Klopstein, Kath Huniar

9 . Michael *28.10.1831 III/146 Michael Hassler, A Schneider

10 .Anna *18.01.1834 III/186 Franz Schneider, Sus Hassler

If you look at Jakob's listing, the author did not list any birth information. So, maybe he was born in another village. Sorry that he is the one you are searching for!

Good luck with your research.

Cheers,

--
David Preston
Banat List Admin

Karoly Hajdu

Thanks,

[...]

Thanks again David and Cathy for the great help.

I really looking for the Peter Hassler and Augustin Hassler line.

Peter was my great-great-grandFather and Augustin my great-great-great-grandFather.

(I used Jacob as an auxiliary thread in my research.)

I see that Augustin Hassler was not born in Marienfeld.

Is there any database from which could be find where was Augustin Hassler born?

Best Regards,

[...]

I don't see Augustin in Wilhelm and Kalbrunner.

You could request a Stader Look-up -- it list first settlers to the Banat but is not all inclusive.

Geneolgist might be able to help you-- there is a fee.  I used Genealogy RO and was quite pleaaed with Sorin Fortui.
www.Genealogy RO
Cathy Are there Mormon churches where you live you can do online searches at their families ly history centers.

Ancestry.com might have someone with your people on their family tree.

Cathy

On Fri, Jun 19, 2020, 3:23 PM Karoly Hajdu <karoly.hajdu@...> wrote:

[...]

I wrote an email to Genealogy RO.

I hope, they can help.