Topics

Johann Kuhn

Hello. I am new to the group. Would like to know if anyone has access to the Familienbuch for Warjasch. I am looking for the birth/baptism record for my great grandfather Johann Kuhn born 1852 in Klein Sanktpeter. Parents Kaspar Kuhn and Barbara Friedrich. He settled in Perjamosch. Thanks. Tom Lyman

Joseph Matye

Tom, I do not have the book, but there is an online database at

https://www.online-ofb.de/varjas/?lang=en

Best wishes,

Joe Matye

On Feb 11, 2021, at 5:08 PM, Thomas Lyman <Thomas.Lyman@...> wrote:

Hello. I am new to the group. Would like to know if anyone has access to the Familienbuch for Warjasch. I am looking for the birth/baptism record for my great grandfather Johann Kuhn born 1852 in Klein Sanktpeter. Parents Kaspar Kuhn and Barbara Friedrich. He settled in Perjamosch. Thanks. Tom Lyman

Thank you Joe!

On Friday, February 12, 2021, 07:38:27 AM CST, Joseph Matye <joematye@...> wrote:

Tom, I do not have the book, but there is an online database at

https://www.online-ofb.de/varjas/?lang=en

Best wishes,

Joe Matye

On Feb 11, 2021, at 5:08 PM, Thomas Lyman <Thomas.Lyman@...> wrote:

Hello. I am new to the group. Would like to know if anyone has access to the Familienbuch for Warjasch. I am looking for the birth/baptism record for my great grandfather Johann Kuhn born 1852 in Klein Sanktpeter. Parents Kaspar Kuhn and Barbara Friedrich. He settled in Perjamosch. Thanks. Tom Lyman

Anna Lorenz

Hello Tom,

welcome to the list :-)

I was not able to find your Johann Kuhn in the familybook of Warjasch
and therefore I looked for other possibilities.

Did you know that your Johann Kuhn can be found in the
"family book of Neu- und Groß-St.Peter (=Raaz-St.Peter)" RSP
with records till 1852 (author Franz Lux),
under number 0742.6: born around 1852, married 26 June 1898 to Elisabeth Lupp
and that all his siblings are born in Raaz-St.Peter?

His mother is there reported as Barbara Wilhelm and not Barbara Friedrich, so perhaps there is a mistake somewhere?

Barbara Wilhelm * 14 Nov 1817 in RSP is the daughter of Heinrich Wilhelm and Ottilia Billich,
she is the second wife of Kaspar Kuhn, who is born 11 July 1811 in RSP as the son of Johann Kuhn and Eva Keller
Familybook number 0734.8
You can find this couple under number K1068 in the family book of Perjamosch with one more generation back and a lot of siblings.

Ottilia Billich * 29 May 1786 in RSP + 26 12 1831 in RSP
was the second wife of Heinrich Wilhelm *16 10 1781 in RSP and as there is no date of death given he died after 1852 or in another villiage
The marriage date is 25 Nov 1806 in Perjamosch therefore you can find this couple also in the familbook of Perjamosch under number W302 with more generations back.

Regards from Germany
Anni (Lorenz)
Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Februar 2021 um 00:08 Uhr
Von: "Thomas Lyman" <Thomas.Lyman@...>
An: "everybody@banat.groups.io" <everybody@banat.groups.io>
Betreff: [banat] Johann Kuhn
Hello. I am new to the group. Would like to know if anyone has access to the Familienbuch for Warjasch. I am looking for the birth/baptism record for my great grandfather Johann Kuhn born 1852 in Klein Sanktpeter. Parents Kaspar Kuhn and Barbara Friedrich. He settled in Perjamosch. Thanks. Tom Lyman

Anna Lorenz

Hello Tom,
you have ancestors named Ehling and Keller from Perjamosch and these are also mine.
Welcome Cousin !!!
Anni

Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Februar 2021 um 00:08 Uhr
Von: "Thomas Lyman" <Thomas.Lyman@...>
An: "everybody@banat.groups.io" <everybody@banat.groups.io>
Hello. I am new to the group. Would like to know if anyone has access to the Familienbuch for Warjasch. I am looking for the birth/baptism record for my great grandfather Johann Kuhn born 1852 in Klein Sanktpeter. Parents Kaspar Kuhn and Barbara Friedrich. He settled in Perjamosch. Thanks. Tom Lyman

Judy Van Dusen

Hi Tom and Anni.

I have Ehling and Keller from Perjamosch, too.  So I guess we're also cousins.

Judy

Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Februar 2021 um 00:08 Uhr
Von: "Thomas Lyman" <Thomas.Lyman@...>
An: "everybody@banat.groups.io" <everybody@banat.groups.io>
Hello. I am new to the group. Would like to know if anyone has access to the Familienbuch for Warjasch. I am looking for the birth/baptism record for my great grandfather Johann Kuhn born 1852 in Klein Sanktpeter. Parents Kaspar Kuhn and Barbara Friedrich. He settled in Perjamosch. Thanks. Tom Lyman

John Munn

Wow... I wish I had a Perjamosch family book to reference!  I tried to obtain the CD, but my requests for a copy were never answered.  My grandmother was Barbara Renje (Rennye?) (daughter of Jacob Renje and Marianna Jopp) who married Franz (Frank) Neiser, both from Perjamosch, and there are Friedrich, Billich and Kellers in my history as well. My grandmother emigrated to the US about 1903, returned to Perjamosch in 1911 or so, married during the war, and re-emigrated to the US in 1922 with her husband and daughter Anna (born 1919), parents and sister/brothers.
John Munn

Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Februar 2021 um 00:08 Uhr
Von: "Thomas Lyman" <Thomas.Lyman@...>
An: "everybody@banat.groups.io" <everybody@banat.groups.io>
Hello. I am new to the group. Would like to know if anyone has access to the Familienbuch for Warjasch. I am looking for the birth/baptism record for my great grandfather Johann Kuhn born 1852 in Klein Sanktpeter. Parents Kaspar Kuhn and Barbara Friedrich. He settled in Perjamosch. Thanks. Tom Lyman

Viele dank Anni!

That was very kind of you to do the lookup. And I'm glad to welcome you and Judy as my newly found cousins!

I had done a lot of family research in the 2003 timeframe back when the Perjamosch fambuch could be accessed publicly. But I had hit a blind alley when it came to Johann Kuhn because the trail led me out of Perjamosch. I was taking my assumptions from the attached record for Johann Kuhn (K1120) which shows him as being born in KSP and his mother as Barbara Friedrich. I suspected that his mother might have been the second wife of Kaspar Kuhn because Kaspar would have been at an older age when Johann was born. Now your research has confirmed it.

My grandfather was Anton Kuhn in the record below. He died in 1951 when I was only eighteen months old but we lived in the Kuhn family house in Linden, NJ and my mother always told me we were very close. I was able to locate the family of Josef Kuhn (Anton's brother) who stayed in Perjamosch. His son Karl and his family emigrated to Germany around 1990 and with the kind help of some of the folks on this list I was able to locate the family and even got to visit with them in Betzenweiler in south Germany in 2003 when I was on a business trip in Belgium. What a great experience it was!

I relocated with my family from New Jersey to Texas in 1992. I have just retired effective February 1 and am looking forward to picking up the research trail again and meeting new friends on the list.

Thank you so much. Tom

Inline image

Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Februar 2021 um 00:08 Uhr
Von: "Thomas Lyman" <Thomas.Lyman@...>
An: "everybody@banat.groups.io" <everybody@banat.groups.io>
Hello. I am new to the group. Would like to know if anyone has access to the Familienbuch for Warjasch. I am looking for the birth/baptism record for my great grandfather Johann Kuhn born 1852 in Klein Sanktpeter. Parents Kaspar Kuhn and Barbara Friedrich. He settled in Perjamosch. Thanks. Tom Lyman

Cathy Deschu

There were also Kuhn in Biled

Cathy

Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Februar 2021 um 00:08 Uhr
Von: "Thomas Lyman" <Thomas.Lyman@...>
An: "everybody@banat.groups.io" <everybody@banat.groups.io>
Hello. I am new to the group. Would like to know if anyone has access to the Familienbuch for Warjasch. I am looking for the birth/baptism record for my great grandfather Johann Kuhn born 1852 in Klein Sanktpeter. Parents Kaspar Kuhn and Barbara Friedrich. He settled in Perjamosch. Thanks. Tom Lyman

Florian Straub

Hi John,

meanwhile they also offer the Perjamosch book as paid download. Just
write them again.

Kind regards

Flo

tetnanger@gmail.com <mailto:tetnanger@gmail.com>

*Gesendet:* Freitag, 12. Februar 2021 um 00:08 Uhr
*Von:* "Thomas Lyman" <Thomas.Lyman@att.net
<mailto:Thomas.Lyman@att.net>>
*An:* "everybody@banat.groups.io <mailto:everybody@banat.groups.io>"
<everybody@banat.groups.io <mailto:everybody@banat.groups.io>>
Hello. I am new to the group. Would like to know if anyone has
access to the Familienbuch for Warjasch. I am looking for the
birth/baptism record for my great grandfather Johann Kuhn born 1852
in Klein Sanktpeter. Parents Kaspar Kuhn and Barbara Friedrich. He
settled in Perjamosch. Thanks. Tom Lyman

John Munn

Thank you Flo.  I'll search for it.

John

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 2:04 AM Florian Straub <Flominator@...> wrote:
> [...]

>     villiage
>     The marriage date is 25 Nov 1806 in Perjamosch therefore you can
>     find this couple also in the familbook of Perjamosch under number
>     W302 with more generations back.
>     Regards from Germany
>     Anni (Lorenz)
>     *Gesendet:* Freitag, 12. Februar 2021 um 00:08 Uhr
>     *Von:* "Thomas Lyman" <Thomas.Lyman@...
>     <mailto:Thomas.Lyman@...>>
>     *An:* "everybody@banat.groups.io <mailto:everybody@banat.groups.io>"
>     <everybody@banat.groups.io <mailto:everybody@banat.groups.io>>
>     *Betreff:* [banat] Johann Kuhn
>     Hello. I am new to the group. Would like to know if anyone has
>     access to the Familienbuch for Warjasch. I am looking for the
>     birth/baptism record for my great grandfather Johann Kuhn born 1852
>     in Klein Sanktpeter. Parents Kaspar Kuhn and Barbara Friedrich. He
>     settled in Perjamosch. Thanks. Tom Lyman

HI Judy,

so welcome to my Perjamosch cousins too :-)
What is your line to the Kellers and Ehlings?

Anni

Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Februar 2021 um 00:08 Uhr
Von: "Thomas Lyman" <Thomas.Lyman@...>
An: "everybody@banat.groups.io" <everybody@banat.groups.io>
Hello. I am new to the group. Would like to know if anyone has access to the Familienbuch for Warjasch. I am looking for the birth/baptism record for my great grandfather Johann Kuhn born 1852 in Klein Sanktpeter. Parents Kaspar Kuhn and Barbara Friedrich. He settled in Perjamosch. Thanks. Tom Lyman

Anna Lorenz

John,

what I have is one extra volume of the Perjamosch family book but only part 2, so if you are interested ?
But a CD that contains both volumes is probably of more interest ;-)

Anni

Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Februar 2021 um 00:08 Uhr
Von: "Thomas Lyman" <Thomas.Lyman@...>
An: "everybody@banat.groups.io" <everybody@banat.groups.io>
Hello. I am new to the group. Would like to know if anyone has access to the Familienbuch for Warjasch. I am looking for the birth/baptism record for my great grandfather Johann Kuhn born 1852 in Klein Sanktpeter. Parents Kaspar Kuhn and Barbara Friedrich. He settled in Perjamosch. Thanks. Tom Lyman

Anna Lorenz

Hello Tom,

gerne geschehen :-)
I am glad I was able to help you.

One should be able to see the original entry for the wedding of Johann Kuhn and Elisabeeth Lupp
or even better to be able to see the baptism records in RSP for I would assume one can find Johann Kuhn there born 1853 in RSP.

But nevertheless you can now continue your research :-)

Anni

Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Februar 2021 um 00:08 Uhr
Von: "Thomas Lyman" <Thomas.Lyman@...>
An: "everybody@banat.groups.io" <everybody@banat.groups.io>
Hello. I am new to the group. Would like to know if anyone has access to the Familienbuch for Warjasch. I am looking for the birth/baptism record for my great grandfather Johann Kuhn born 1852 in Klein Sanktpeter. Parents Kaspar Kuhn and Barbara Friedrich. He settled in Perjamosch. Thanks. Tom Lyman

John Munn

Anni.... Thank you for your offer but I was able to obtain the download information in pdf format through Flo.  I am curious how you came to own only the second volume! It's almost like having a car with only two wheels!  <VBG>  Is there anyone with only volume 1 that needs to make a matched pair?

John

Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Februar 2021 um 00:08 Uhr
Von: "Thomas Lyman" <Thomas.Lyman@...>
An: "everybody@banat.groups.io" <everybody@banat.groups.io>
Hello. I am new to the group. Would like to know if anyone has access to the Familienbuch for Warjasch. I am looking for the birth/baptism record for my great grandfather Johann Kuhn born 1852 in Klein Sanktpeter. Parents Kaspar Kuhn and Barbara Friedrich. He settled in Perjamosch. Thanks. Tom Lyman

W David Samuelsen

I have entire Perjamosch books - scanned from books in my EHD.

David Samuelsen

Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Februar 2021 um 00:08 Uhr
Von: "Thomas Lyman" <Thomas.Lyman@...>
An: "everybody@banat.groups.io" <everybody@banat.groups.io>
Hello. I am new to the group. Would like to know if anyone has access to the Familienbuch for Warjasch. I am looking for the birth/baptism record for my great grandfather Johann Kuhn born 1852 in Klein Sanktpeter. Parents Kaspar Kuhn and Barbara Friedrich. He settled in Perjamosch. Thanks. Tom Lyman

John Munn

Yes, Bil... I obtained a pdf copy through Florian as a zip file that opened in Word formatted files. The cost was 20 euros plus additional for shipping and handling that I transferred to Flo via PayPal. It was really interesting because through the dialogs, yesterday I discovered that my Renje/Renye line originated as Regnier. It was something I suspected but was not able to trace.

John

Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Februar 2021 um 00:08 Uhr
Von: "Thomas Lyman" <Thomas.Lyman@...>
An: "everybody@banat.groups.io" <everybody@banat.groups.io>
Hello. I am new to the group. Would like to know if anyone has access to the Familienbuch for Warjasch. I am looking for the birth/baptism record for my great grandfather Johann Kuhn born 1852 in Klein Sanktpeter. Parents Kaspar Kuhn and Barbara Friedrich. He settled in Perjamosch. Thanks. Tom Lyman

Thanks, John!  I'll reach out to Flo.

Hoping that more discoveries are coming your way--

Bill

Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Februar 2021 um 00:08 Uhr
Von: "Thomas Lyman" <Thomas.Lyman@...>
An: "everybody@banat.groups.io" <everybody@banat.groups.io>