Topics

Johannisfeld Family Book - Preorder Announcement

Karen Dalton Preston

Dear List members,

A new Familienbuch for Johannisfeld will be available shortly.  I am accepting preorders now.  Please see the following announcement from the AVBF for more details.  Also, please note that if you DO NOT want information for your immediate family to be listed, contact me BEFORE May 1st.

With best regards,
—Karen

Family book Johannisfeld

After years of research for the procurement of the complete Church registers for the parish of Johannisfeld, the AVBF (Working Group for the Publication of Banat Family Books) with the authors Helga and Anton Hornung have successfully completed a well-researched Family Book of the Catholic parish of Johannisfeld, including the filial parish of Iwanda.

The dates of the Church registers from the foundation of Johannisfeld in 1806 to 1988 were used. Further data from the Banater Post, private information and data from family books that have already been published were included.

This family book reflects the emergence and the disappearance of a German community from the Banat landscape.

People who have Johannisfeld roots and want to appear in the family book should please contact Karen Preston at “karen@..." by May 1st, 2020.

Please use the same address for people who do not want to appear in the family book.

Pre-orders should be sent to Karen Preston at  karen@..., the print run and the price will be based on the number of pre-orders.

Remember, your grandchildren and great-grandchildren will be very grateful to have this book in the future if they want to know about their roots.

#######

Familienbuch Johannisfeld

Nach jahrelanger Recherche für die Beschaffung der lückenlosen Kirchenmatrikel der Pfarrgemeinde Johannisfeld ist es dem AVBF (Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Veröffentlichung Banater Familienbücher) mit den Autoren Helga und Anton Hornung gelungen ein fundiertes Familienbuch der katholischen Kirchengemeinde Johannisfeld, mit Iwanda als Filiale, fertigzustellen.

Es wurden die Daten der Kirchenmatrikel ab der Gründung 1806 bis 1988 bearbeitet. Weitere Daten wurden aus der Banater Post, private Angaben als auch Daten von schon erschienenen Familienbücher einbezogen.

Dieses Familienbuch spiegelt das Entstehen als auch das Verschwinden einer deutschen Gemeinschaft aus der Banater Landschaft.

Personen die Johannisfelder Wurzeln haben und in dem Familienbuch erscheinen möchten, sollen sich bitte bis 01.05.2020 bei Karen Preston at karen@...melden.

Die gleiche Anschrift auch für Personen die nicht in dem Familienbuch erscheinen wollen.

Vorbestellungen bei Karen Preston at karen@...sind erwünscht, danach richtet sich auch die Druckauflage und der Preis.

Denken sie daran, ihre Enkel und Urenkel würden sich später sehr über dieses Buch freuen, wenn sie nach ihren Wurzeln suchen.

Bonjour Karen,

It's good to read you again!
Yes, I am interested in Johannisfeld FB; there is several families originated from Lorraine, there.
Thanks in advance,
Take care

Daniel
"Lorrains du Banat"

[...]

Bonjour Daniel,

I have added your name to the pre-order list for Johannisfeld.  When I know the price and shipping date, I will announce it on the Banat List and also send an email to everyone who has pre-ordered.

I am very sorry to hear that it is necessary to cancel the event in Luneville!  I was not able to come this year, but maybe that will change if the event is planned for next year.  So many events have been cancelled.  I hope that this crisis will be over soon, and that we can all get back to our normal lives.

Best,
—Karen

On Mar 19, 2020, at 11:53 AM, Daniel Hilaire <danielhilaire@...> wrote:

[...]

Gary Arnold

My name is Gary Arnold and I would like to preorder a book

On Thursday, March 19, 2020, 12:23 PM, Karen Dalton Preston <karen@...> wrote:

[...]

William Schwiegeraht

Karen,

Hello Karen,
I would like to preorder - my family emigrated to the US from Johannisfeld.
Does this new work build upon the previous FB by Susan Clarkson, or is it completely new research?

Daniel Hilaire (or anyone...)>>> concerning your comment about some of the Johannisfeld families originating from Lorraine.  According to the Previous Johannisfeld FB by Susan Clarkson, my earliest family to the Banate came to Hungary from Echternach, Lux, but it also says Malberg, Bitburg Kr (Bitburg county).  This seems just north of Bitburg in modern day Germany, and the name there is said to have been Schwickerath.  This name is all over the region, but I have not yet located my specific ancestors who left.  Of course, modern borders mean nothing in 1766, when they left, but would this region be what is referred to as "Lorraine"?

My memory is not clear, but it seems many years ago I recall a mention that the family was from Alsace/Lorraine before going to Hungary.  I don't understand exactly where Lorraine was then, but it seems this has changed over the years to presnt times.

Bill Schiwiegeraht

Johannisfeld Names:
Schwiegerath
Schwigerad
Sviggerat
... and just about any other conceivable variation imaginable!

First off, Thanks for all you do Karen!
Put me on the preorder list. This might help with my research on Grand Father Schäffer side

Karen Dalton Preston

Hi Bill,

I have added your name to the preorder list.  I will notify everyone when I have a price and shipping dates.  It is my understanding that this is a completely new work, written by the couple that did the books for D-Zerne and Hatzfeld.  Some of the previous missing records have been located for this book.

Best,
—Karen

On Mar 20, 2020, at 8:14 PM, William Schwiegeraht <bill.schwiegeraht@...> wrote:

[...]

John & Kathy Wilczynski

This made me think, do we know if anyone has finished the Neupanant family book?

Kathy Hirsch Wilczynski

Karen Dalton Preston

Hi Kathy,

I don’t have any information about who might be working on a book for Neupanat or what the status is.  I would be grateful if you could send me any info you have so that I can add it to the banatbooks website under “Future Books”.

Some of the records for Neupanat, including a cemetery database, are available on http://www.village-records.org  The site is free.

Best,
—Karen

On Mar 22, 2020, at 4:14 PM, John & Kathy Wilczynski <ermikew@...> wrote:

This made me think, do we know if anyone has finished the Neupanant family book?

Kathy Hirsch Wilczynski

W David Samuelsen

Please make sure Family History Library get a copy, too.

David Samuelsen

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 8:38 AM Karen Dalton Preston <karen@...> wrote:
Hi Kathy,

I don’t have any information about who might be working on a book for Neupanat or what the status is.  I would be grateful if you could send me any info you have so that I can add it to the banatbooks website under “Future Books”.

Some of the records for Neupanat, including a cemetery database, are available on http://www.village-records.org  The site is free.

Best,
—Karen

On Mar 22, 2020, at 4:14 PM, John & Kathy Wilczynski <ermikew@...> wrote:

This made me think, do we know if anyone has finished the Neupanant family book?

Kathy Hirsch Wilczynski

George Brettrager

Richard Jaeger is working on FB Neupanat.  Two years ago he said it would be out the next year, which is the same thing he told HOG Neupanat in 2005 when I attended the Treffen.  I'm not holding my breath; I think I'm more likely to meet ancestors in person before the book comes out.  There are only a few gaps in the records at village-records.  If your ancestors were born before 1900, they're in the records on the site.

George