Topics

Lenhardt Family in Kikinda

Bevy Huber

My great grandmother is Theresia Lenhardt bn 1874 in Csanad. Her father was Franz Lenhardt bn about 1843 in Moravia (?).
I’m trying to find more about Franz.
In Cincinnati there was a restaurant named Lenhardts owned and operated by Anton and Kristoff Lenhardt of Kikinda. Family lore says Theresia and Franz Lenhardt was somehow related to the Lenhardt brothers. They left Kikinda, and went to Austria before the end of the war. Coming then to Cincinnati in the 1950s.
Other than the history of the restaurant I can’t seem to find the brothers information anywhere in Cincinnati.
Thanks in advance,
Bevy Huber

Cathy Reece

I live near Cincinnati.i am unwilling to go to downtown library right
now to to safety issues with protrsts.Are these people Catholic? if so Diocesan records might help you. I have I info somewhere in my files.

Cincinnati Public library downtown has a wonderful genealogy department. They have newspapers. Articles that can be accessed.

Exactly what are you looking f For? Diocesan Catholic cemetery records are online. I'd have to make a phone call to see how you could access them

Cathy
What state are you in?

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020, 11:06 AM mchuberdrum <mchuberdrum@...> wrote:
My great grandmother is Theresia Lenhardt bn 1874 in Csanad. Her father was Franz Lenhardt bn about 1843 in Moravia (?).
I’m trying to find more about Franz.
In Cincinnati there was a restaurant named Lenhardts owned and operated by Anton and Kristoff Lenhardt of Kikinda. Family lore says Theresia and Franz Lenhardt was somehow related to the Lenhardt brothers. They left Kikinda, and went to Austria before the end of the war. Coming then to Cincinnati in the 1950s.
Other than the history of the restaurant I can’t seem to find the brothers information anywhere in Cincinnati.
Thanks in advance,
Bevy Huber

Bevy Huber

I am in Louisiana. I probably should get a newspaper.com subscription. My great grandmother has a brother Anton so the parents names helps a lot.
Thank you for your time.
Bevy

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 12:21 PM Cathy Reece <cre29ece@...> wrote:
[...]

Patty Cordova

Bevy,

Have you ever been in touch with the Donauschwaben Society on Dry Ridge Rd. in Cincinnati?  They may have some information on the Lenhardt brothers. I grew up on the northwest side of  Cincinnati and never knew about the Donauschwaben community in the metro area.

My father, Philip Peter Huss, was born in German St Peter (Deutschsanktpeter)  in the Banat in 1902. He was the youngest of 6 children when my grandmother, Elizabeth (Junkert/Mayer) Huss joined my grandfather Frank Huss (Franz Hus) in Colerain Township, Hamilton County in 1903.

I remember some Hubers and Lenhardts from White Oak Christian Church and Colerain High School. Maybe they are your relatives?

Hope you are successful in finding some information about the Lenhardt brothers.

Patty (Huss)Cordova
Denver, CO

On Jun 21, 2020, at 9:05 AM, mchuberdrum <mchuberdrum@...> wrote:

My great grandmother is Theresia Lenhardt bn 1874 in Csanad. Her father was Franz Lenhardt bn about 1843 in Moravia (?).
I’m trying to find more about Franz.
In Cincinnati there was a restaurant named Lenhardts owned and operated by Anton and Kristoff Lenhardt of Kikinda. Family lore says Theresia and Franz Lenhardt was somehow related to the Lenhardt brothers. They left Kikinda, and went to Austria before the end of the war. Coming then to Cincinnati in the 1950s.
Other than the history of the restaurant I can’t seem to find the brothers information anywhere in Cincinnati.
Thanks in advance,
Bevy Huber

Bevy Huber

I went to Mt Healthy. I knew about Donauschwaben Society. I’ll have one of my local cousins check it out.
Thanks for the info
Bevy

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 12:56 PM Patty Cordova <pcordova58@...> wrote:
[...]

there are several German societies in Cinti-- some not far from Colerain Township. Try Kolping Society,Germania also.These societies are not currently open due to Covid 19. Lenhardt's restuarant was sold/ demolished in 2013.

I've heard they had excellent German food.
I made some phone calls but my friends don't know the Lenharts.

You might go from you-- back in time gathering documents. my grandparents were married in a a catholic church and the priest recorded their parents names on the mariage entry in the church book.

To get civil records-- you have to prove relationship.Usually birth certificates wii suffice. Immigrants had a registration card with the government (USA) which gives their birth date. If you have death date-- Cincinnati public library downtown can help you find death notice.  This may give funeral home,next of kin etc.
If you don't have death date-- bureau of vital statistics can help you with that for a nominal fee. Once you have documents to prove relationship to your parents and grandparents Diocesan Office can do look- ups. Diocesan office is downtown-- not sure if it's open now.

Look for passenger ship records for Franz.Immigrants were supposed to have a sponsor-- passenger ship records states who they said they were going to meet in USA and if you're lucky the relationship.

If All else fails your answer is probably in Kikinda.

Geneslohgy RO in Romania found my family in the Banat.they are fee based.I was very happy with the research of Sorin Fortui, genealogist.

Also Dave Dryer's ship list might help you.look relatives up by village they came from or last name in alphabetical order.

Covid 19 has most things that aren't essential not up and running.If German Societies open up I can ask more people.

Cemetery records in Cinti have parents names on a card file in their office.My grandfather died in the 1920's and the cemetery office had his parents names and where he was born. Tombstones have birth/death date.

Try to find citizenship papers of Franz at NARA.Every document gives you more pieces to the puzzle to put together.

City of Cint had lay offs due to Covid 19.
When everything is up and running I could perhaps help you with phone numbers.

Hope this helps.
Cathy

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020, 2:01 PM Bevy Huber <mchuberdrum@...> wrote:
[...]

Franz never came to America as far as I know.
I found Anton and Kristof’s parents names on an obituary.
I’d like to know how to contact the Geneology place in Romania.
A dna linked person in Australia has a Csanad Family book, that’s where I got Franz’s name from.
So I guess I am looking in Romania for the link. They all seem to be different generations. So I would guess cousins, or uncles or aunts.
Thanks for your help,
Bevy

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 8:50 PM Cathy Reece <cre29ece@...> wrote:
[...]

Pat Haley

I am descended from a Lenhardt family.   They came from Trier to Nagy Szentmiklos Torontal Hungary.   I have quite a bit of information on my Lenhardts but don't know if they match up to yours.   Have you done dna on Ancestry?
If we match up I can give you a lot of info.  I don't know about Csnad,  Mine were from Molidorf, Sigmundfeld  St Huberty.

Pat Haley

[...]

Glenn Schwartz

Not sure if Sorin is still doing genealogy. Also, he lives in Romania and does not drive, so he may have difficulty searching in Serbia. I love Sorin. By all means, give him a try. But, if he cannot help you, my favourite Serbian contact is Stasa Cvetkovic at synergia@....

Glenn Schwartz

President, Zichydorf Village Association (http://zichydorfonline.org)
Searching: Schwartz, Kleckner, Schönherr in Zichydorf, Banat; Schüssler, Millecker, Lenhardt in Kudritz, Banat; Schwartz, Kory, Pierson/Person in Morawitza, Banat; Kalupsky/Chalupsky in Blumenthal, Banat; Bardua, Kandel, Heuchert in Kolomea, Galicia; Kuntz, Holzer, Kraft, Wolfe, Folk (Volk) in Kutschurgan, Russia; Macht in Volga, Russia.
Email: gschwartz@...
On 6/22/2020 7:50 PM, Cathy Reece wrote:

[...]

Mine were from Morovia then Tschanad then USA
I am on Ancestry with DNA. I'll look you up.
Bevy