Topics

Lovrin

John Berglund

I'm just wondering how I would purchase the Lovrin family book. The site says it's available but I don't want to send money to a random address. 
Thanks for any help
John Berglund 

Karen Dalton Preston

You will need to write to the address given on the banatbooks website.  The contact is the widow of the author.  Write in German.  Keep the request simple, and use Google Translate or your favorite translation app to generate the text in German.

My suggestion is to write and confirm that the book is available and ask the price including shipping to your location.  She will reply with the amount you need to send.  When I purchased my copy few years ago, she did not have PayPal.  

Best,
—Karen

On Jun 15, 2020, at 1:43 AM, John Berglund via groups.io <berglundjohn@...> wrote:

I'm just wondering how I would purchase the Lovrin family book. The site says it's available but I don't want to send money to a random address. 
Thanks for any help
John Berglund 

Christine Clark

Same. I tried reaching out to the author’s family with a letter in German but never received a response by mail or email. 

-Christine 

On Jun 15, 2020, at 9:39 AM, Karen Dalton Preston <karen@...> wrote:

You will need to write to the address given on the banatbooks website.  The contact is the widow of the author.  Write in German.  Keep the request simple, and use Google Translate or your favorite translation app to generate the text in German.

My suggestion is to write and confirm that the book is available and ask the price including shipping to your location.  She will reply with the amount you need to send.  When I purchased my copy few years ago, she did not have PayPal.  

Best,
—Karen

On Jun 15, 2020, at 1:43 AM, John Berglund via groups.io <berglundjohn@...> wrote:

Thanks for any help
John Berglund 

John Berglund

Thanks for the information,  I'll give it a try and let you know how I make out. If it doesn't work and you have the book would you be willing to look up a few families for me?
Regards
John Berglund 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 2020-06-15 09:58 (GMT-05:00)
To: "Banat.io List" <everybody@banat.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [banat] Lovrin

Best,
—Karen

Thanks for any help
John Berglund 

Betty Wagner

Karen:

I didn't know there was an actual Family book from Lovrin. I have three Lovrin books but they are not family books,
    1) Monographie der Gemeinde Lovrin by Dr. Nikolaus Koch,
    2) Heimatbuch der Heidegemeine Lovrin im Banat by Dr. Anton Peter Petri 1979 and
    3) Lovrin nach 1944 .

Before I also pursue trying to get a Lovrin Family Book would you be willing to do a lookup for a Family KREUTZER, VIKTOR, born 21 May 1909 and RITTER, JOSEF, born 15 Oct 1910 ?

Thanks
Betty

On 6/15/2020 9:38 AM, Karen Dalton Preston wrote:

Best,
—Karen

Thanks for any help
John Berglund 

Karen Dalton Preston

Hi Betty,

The Lovrin book only covers the dates up to 1840, so you ancestor was born too late to be included.

Best regards,
—Karen

On Jun 16, 2020, at 9:43 PM, Betty Wagner <banater@...> wrote:

Karen:

I didn't know there was an actual Family book from Lovrin. I have three Lovrin books but they are not family books,
    1) Monographie der Gemeinde Lovrin by Dr. Nikolaus Koch,
    2) Heimatbuch der Heidegemeine Lovrin im Banat by Dr. Anton Peter Petri 1979 and
    3) Lovrin nach 1944 .

Before I also pursue trying to get a Lovrin Family Book would you be willing to do a lookup for a Family KREUTZER, VIKTOR, born 21 May 1909 and RITTER, JOSEF, born 15 Oct 1910 ?

Thanks
Betty

On 6/15/2020 9:38 AM, Karen Dalton Preston wrote:

Best,
—Karen

Thanks for any help
John Berglund 

I too have send a letter off to see about the availability of the Lovrin book. We'll see.
AndyL

Hi Karen, can you do a lookup for Nicolai Lengenfelder born 12.7.1828 in Lovrin?
Thanks
AndyL

Karen Dalton Preston

Hi Andy,

There is only 1 LENGENFELDER family listed in Lovrin; Nikolaus is their son:

- from “Lovrin, Deine Anne”, by Nikolaus Schauermann

#1285  LENGENFELDER Heinrich
+12.05.1829, 40 J.
SCHAEFER Maria Magdalena, Tv Ludwig S. & Veronika CANTON
1.  Nikolaus  *21.07.1828 Tp: Nik. Grosz, Christina Reiter

There is no marriage information so the couple was not married in Lovrin.

Best,
—Karen

On Jun 25, 2020, at 12:24 PM, Andrew Lengenfelder via groups.io <andyl1937@...> wrote:

Hi Karen, can you do a lookup for Nicolai Lengenfelder born 12.7.1828 in Lovrin?
Thanks
AndyL