Topics

LOVRIN FB

W David Samuelsen

Has the FB been published for Lovrin?

David Samuelsen

Florian Straub

There is one that was published in 2012:
http://wiki-de.genealogy.net/Lovrin,_OFB

Best
Flo

W David Samuelsen

Family History Library is going to order a lot of books related to Banat area including Lovrin, because after I checked the long list published from early to 2013, turned up at least 50 books and these books will be ordered right away.

Still needs to find any books published 2013 to present and get them ordered by Family History Library.

One book wa spotted in California for parish of Losheim which is east of Britten where many settlers of Banat came from and efforts are being made to try to locate the seller to get 2 vol set of Losheim.

Currently Family History Library is on buying spree to acquire as many books, CDs, etc possible, irrelevant of how old they may be. Don't have to be genealogies, can be history of the area and other stuff like that. Even old book of maps are welcome. I already gave 2 family genealogies to the Library. Both books covered a family that went from Baden to Russia (they were Lutherans.)

David Samuelsen

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 3:23 PM Florian Straub <Flominator@...> wrote:
There is one that was published in 2012:
http://wiki-de.genealogy.net/Lovrin,_OFB

Best
Flo

Dave Dreyer <daviddreyerddreyer@...>

David,

At one time we had arrangements in place for the FHL to have a standing order for all family books published by the AKdFF and AVBF.  Apparently these arrangements have fallen away perhaps due the turnover of personal in the ordering Dept in Salt Lake.   I no longer have the address of the contact person we dealt with in Salt  Lake.

You would be doing the Banat community a great service by comparing the list of family books at Banat Books.com with those in the FHL catalogue and have the FHL order those published since 2013.  This should be done promptly since these family books go quickly out of print and some may no longer be available.

Dave Dreyer

ddreyer@...

[...]

A lot changed , even FHL still get some books since 2013 but spotty.

The current policy is BUY, BUY, BUY, no questions asked per current Library Director who happens to be the CGO of FamilySearch International, that is David Rencher.

I already gave the list to Barbel Johnson (you probably already met her at FFEGHS conferences).

The list as published in Hatzfeld, is up to 2013, and shows quite a number of boosk published long time ago, some are currentlyin CDs only.  For the CDs, there are additional steps before they can be in the Library - getting permissions from the copyright owners to add to Library's internal CD library which can be accessed only at the Library, not anywhere else.

Family History Library catalog showed many parishes in the Banat area not mentioned in the list but has images of original records up to 1840s.

David Samuelsen

Maybe http://wiki-de.genealogy.net/Kategorie:Ortsfamilienbuch_zum_Banat has some you didn't have on the map, yet.