Matricula Online database

Dear all,

as a new member I hope I do not post something that is common knowledge anyway. A list of baptist/marriage/death books from churches are constantly going online, most in Germany and Austria, but first of Slovenia, Serbia and Bosnia and more too. Maybe some time Hungary and Romania join too.
You can switch the language to English.
https://data.matricula-online.eu/de
To decipher the "Kurrent" writing, there are many websites with ABCs in kurrent.
I found my grandgrandfather that way, but luckily I knew his birth date, as there is no search function (there are partly list books).
Best regards, Lukas

elaine ess

Thank you Lukas!  This is a new resource for me to explore!
Elaine Ess