Topics

Metzger Family History

Arlene Maroli

David Preston very kindly assisted me recently in deciphering a record I had come across in the Totenbuch der Donauschwaben of one of my Metzger cousins.  While discussing this info, he suggested I might like to share a bit of the Metzger family history with the list members.

So here, I would like to share the story of my grandmother's Metzger Donauschwaben family history, of their immigration to the U.S. and of family ‘left behind’ in Djakovo, Austria-Hungary.
  Once a part of Yugoslavia as well, Djakovo is now located in Croatia near Serbia.   The story grew longer than I had intended (sorry!), so is attached as a Word document.  Photo's are also attached separately.  I hope these are attached correctly, but I cannot get the landscape photo's to turn when attached, so I apologize that they are sideways.

I hope you enjoy hearing some stories of one Donauschwaben family's journey.

Best regards,
Arlene Maroli

Rosina T. Schmidt

Hello Marlene,

Thank you for sharing with us you Metzger of Djakova Family. Also a great thank you to David Preston to have included the attachment possibility!

Greetings from Vancouver Island,

Rosina T. Schmidt
www.hrastovac.net

On 03072020AD--, at 8:40 32000AM, Arlene Maroli <maroli@...> wrote:

[...]

<Susanna Metzger-Krisch _1894-1972_.jpg><Metzger Family History of Immigration.docx><Jacob and Rosalia Metzger.jpg><Jacob Metzger, Lawrence and Joseph Metzger.jpg><Jakob Metzger Family In Hungary circa 1920.jpg><Markovits_ Visit the Metzgers Farm, Cecil NJ circa 1930s.jpg><Metzger Gas Station - Cecil. NJ.jpg><Petar Metzger _1868-1914_.jpg><Petar Metzger Family.jpg><Susanna Metzger-Krisch _1894-1972_.jpg>