Topics

Ostern Family books

elaine ess

Hello group,
Is there anyone with the Ostern book that can look up Ost 4617.3 - Katharina Lux, and any other Lux family?
Thank you in advance,
Elaine Ess

Shannon Frauenhoffer

Elaine,

Was she married to Michael Thomas?

On Mar 20, 2021, at 1:44 PM, elaine ess <lanieess@...> wrote:

Hello group,
Is there anyone with the Ostern book that can look up Ost 4617.3 - Katharina Lux, and any other Lux family?
Thank you in advance,
Elaine Ess

Cathy Reece

Elaine, I have it. I’ll get back with you.
Cathy

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 2:44 PM elaine ess <lanieess@...> wrote:
Hello group,
Is there anyone with the Ostern book that can look up Ost 4617.3 - Katharina Lux, and any other Lux family?
Thank you in advance,
Elaine Ess

Cathy Reece

Elaine,
Is Shannon helping you?

FB Ostern
4617
Thomas,Martin, Besitzer
*er 1830 Lovrin.    +05.11.1894 Ostern

oo 01.10.1849 Ostern. Tz: Lux Nicholas,
                                                  Lux, Johann
Lux Katharina.  Eltern: Lux Jacob und Kipper
                                                                 Elisabeth
*24.01.1830 Ostern.         + 07.01.1901 Ostern
4 children
Michael * 26.03.1865. Ostern
Nikolaus * 15.05.1868 Ostern
Johann * 15.06.1871 Ostern
Josef * 18.01.1875 Ostern

There is a cross- reference to Katharina’s parents and cross references to who her children married.

Family 2948 Ostern
Lux Jacob Tschismenmacher
*
Eltern: Lux Johann und Ann Katherine
oo Elisabeth Kipper
Fam 2945
Lux Mathias Bauer
Eltern Lux Johann und Fleischhauer Anna Maria

Family 2944
Johann * 15.06.1747 Bebelsheim *17.02.104
In Ostern Eltern: Lux Johann & NN Katharina

oo Jahrmarkt oo22.04.1771 Jahrmarkt
Fleischhauer Anna Maria
Eltern: Fleischhauer Johann Heinrich und Krems Anna Ottilien 956 Fam Ostern

Anna *Weisbach  08.10.1744. +06.03.1786 Ostern

8 children

2oo 18.06.1785 Ostern
Fovill  Katharina
There is so much information here.
Many cross references

Could send screen shots but need daylight for best screen shots.

Shannon has a connection to your family.

Let me know if your need me to send screen shots.

Regards,
Cathy

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 2:44 PM elaine ess <lanieess@...> wrote:
Hello group,
Is there anyone with the Ostern book that can look up Ost 4617.3 - Katharina Lux, and any other Lux family?
Thank you in advance,
Elaine Ess

Shannon Frauenhoffer

Cathy,

I did send her some information.

Shannon

[...]

Yes. Thank you too!
Elaine

[...]

Entry 4617
Cathy

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 2:44 PM elaine ess <lanieess@...> wrote:
Hello group,
Is there anyone with the Ostern book that can look up Ost 4617.3 - Katharina Lux, and any other Lux family?
Thank you in advance,
Elaine Ess

elaine ess

Thank you  Cathy!!

On Mar 21, 2021, at 2:52 PM, Cathy Reece <cre29ece@...> wrote:

<image_6487327.JPG>
Entry 4617
Cathy

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 2:44 PM elaine ess <lanieess@...> wrote:
Hello group,
Is there anyone with the Ostern book that can look up Ost 4617.3 - Katharina Lux, and any other Lux family?
Thank you in advance,
Elaine Ess

Erin Kampf

Hi Elaine, Cathy & Shannon,

I have connections to the LUX family, although mine is a different branch. I would be interested in getting screenshots for Family 2944. Johann LUX b 1747 is my 5th great granduncle, and his parents are my 6th great grandparents. His brother Paul is my 5th great grandfather. I'd be happy to share more details on my line if you are interested.

Best regards,
Erin Kampf

elaine ess

Erin
I’ll be in touch once I input all my new info.
I love this site. It puts us closer to everyone everyday!
Go Banat!
Elaine Ess

On Mar 21, 2021, at 6:45 PM, Erin Kampf <erin.kampf@...> wrote:

Hi Elaine, Cathy & Shannon,

I have connections to the LUX family, although mine is a different branch. I would be interested in getting screenshots for Family 2944. Johann LUX b 1747 is my 5th great granduncle, and his parents are my 6th great grandparents. His brother Paul is my 5th great grandfather. I'd be happy to share more details on my line if you are interested.

Best regards,
Erin Kampf

elaine ess

Hi Erin,
Here is the screen shot of 2944, compliments of Shannon and Cathy!
Have a great day!
E;aomje

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 6:45 PM Erin Kampf <erin.kampf@...> wrote:
Hi Elaine, Cathy & Shannon,

I have connections to the LUX family, although mine is a different branch. I would be interested in getting screenshots for Family 2944. Johann LUX b 1747 is my 5th great granduncle, and his parents are my 6th great grandparents. His brother Paul is my 5th great grandfather. I'd be happy to share more details on my line if you are interested.

Best regards,
Erin Kampf

Cathy Reece

Erin & Elaine,
I just realized Fam 2944 continues on next page- top left. Here is 2nd page
Cathy

On Mar 22, 2021, at 10:52 AM, Cathy Reece <cre29ece@...> wrote:

Erin & Elaine,
I just realized Fam 2944 continues on next page- top left. Here is 2nd page
Cathy
<image_123927839.JPG>

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 9:55 AM elaine ess <lanieess@...> wrote:
Hi Erin,
Here is the screen shot of 2944, compliments of Shannon and Cathy!
Have a great day!
E;aomje

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 6:45 PM Erin Kampf <erin.kampf@...> wrote:
Hi Elaine, Cathy & Shannon,

I have connections to the LUX family, although mine is a different branch. I would be interested in getting screenshots for Family 2944. Johann LUX b 1747 is my 5th great granduncle, and his parents are my 6th great grandparents. His brother Paul is my 5th great grandfather. I'd be happy to share more details on my line if you are interested.

Best regards,
Erin Kampf

Erin Kampf

Thanks, Cathy! Are you able to help interpret the sources listed at the end of Family 2944? I can manage with most of it, but have a few questions:
  • Are the references to Father and Mother (Vater and Mutter) regarding Johann b 1747, his first wife Anna Maria and his second wife Katharina, respectively?
  • What is SSW IV, 599/32621?
  • What does PPA and SV mean (in the "Mutter" references)?

Cathy Reece

Erin,
Yes re: Bern- father is. About Johann b. 1747.
SSWIV- refers to Stefan Stader Sammelwerk volume 4 “Sammelwerk donäuschwäbischen Kolonisten. What follows is information from that source specific to your Johann.
W/K refers to Wilhelm and Kallbrunner’s list day by day of settler names registering in Vienna. That I believe starts with the year 1749. That info is also listed in paragraph.
This info also gives info on where you can find this in the Banater Akten= BanA 35 SKHL rNr 156 fol 133b, Abschrift S78–
You can find this on Family Search.

Bern  mother— 1st entry is Anna— she is from “Nestes See” in the Reich. Following SM=
SterbeMatrikel Hk=Herkunftsort which again says Nestes/Mertes See (a lake or body of water) The PPA— I have no idea. It’s not on the abbreviation list.Anna’s parents have no other entries.
 See attachment for Anna’s family— note her father came in 1770 and died the same year.

Next is Bern : mother spelling variation (SV) of 2nd wife’s maiden name FOVILL. No cross reference for Fovill family.

Regards,
Cathy

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 11:44 AM Cathy Reece via groups.io <cre29ece=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

If you have problems translating what is in the paragraph, let me know.
I could help you with that as well.
Glad you found your family. Happy to help you!
Cathy

On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 9:49 PM Erin Kampf <erin.kampf@...> wrote:
Thanks, Cathy! :)