From: everybody@banat.groups.io <everybody@banat.groups.io> on behalf of joyce alessandri <joycealessandri@...>
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 1:36:03 PM
To: everybody@banat.groups.io <everybody@banat.groups.io>
Subject: [banat] Puzzeled

This is political, I do not mean to offend anyone, just looking for answers
I have been reading a book called THR BAD WAR by MS King and I am stunned to learn that there was not a Holocaust of 6 million Jews and the Germans from the Banat region, where both my Grandparents were from,  exterminated behind the Iron Curtain by Stalin with money from the USA. Also you never hear of what Lenin and Stalin did to their own people in the name of
Communism and that they were attempting to do the same to Germany prior to WWII with the help of Britain, France and the USA.
Has anyone on this board ventured down this path and discovered this or issues like it? It is hard to wrap my head around all of it as we have been taught just the opposite

Sue Young

King is a holocaust denier. I know a number of survivors. The Holocaust is a fact. Yes, Stalin was just as bad. That's not a reason to deny the Holocaust or argue that for some reason nazis were good. My great uncle Nick Krich was the son of Banaters and was always disappointed that when he volunteered for service he was sent to the Pacific. He wanted to fight nazis.

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 3:36 PM joyce alessandri <joycealessandri@...> wrote:
This is political, I do not mean to offend anyone, just looking for answers
I have been reading a book called THR BAD WAR by MS King and I am stunned to learn that there was not a Holocaust of 6 million Jews and the Germans from the Banat region, where both my Grandparents were from,  exterminated behind the Iron Curtain by Stalin with money from the USA. Also you never hear of what Lenin and Stalin did to their own people in the name of
Communism and that they were attempting to do the same to Germany prior to WWII with the help of Britain, France and the USA.
Has anyone on this board ventured down this path and discovered this or issues like it? It is hard to wrap my head around all of it as we have been taught just the opposite

Bevy Huber

It all happened. Tito was supported by the US. He went into the Romanian Banat area. Most fled but my great grandfather and his sisters stayed. He wrote a few letters after the war begging for money. They took his land. I have no idea what came of them.
Can you imagine after 200 years, being forced from your home and land you owned. Frightening

[...]

Arthur Grun

Dear All,
This is an incredibly tragic and emotional scenario which, in all honesty, does not help us to continue to commemorate the heritage our families from the Banat passed down to us. Let us all please learn the lessons of history for the benefit of all who follow us. Injustice on whatever scale is a consequence of war, especially so for the defeated; far more important we ensure our descendants continue to look forward without losing sight of their heritage than become embittered by the past. We have lost the Banat but not our identity and pride.
Kindest Regards
Arthur Grun

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 at 00:15, Bevy Huber <mchuberdrum@...> wrote:
[...]

Cathy Reece

Arthur,

Well said.
Thank you.

Cathy

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 7:45 PM Arthur Grun <acfgrun910@...> wrote:
[...]

joyce alessandri

I really appreciate all of your comments. The Holodore in Russia (intentional famine) is something we never hear about from media or school books. Nor do ever hear about about the 4 million Germans in Poland or the millions in the Banat that were brutally killed by the allies and yet it seems (present tense) so important to continue to lay the blame and punish the Germans so much so that the media and Hollywood have to come out with a major motion picture every 2 years to keep fresh in the minds of the world how terrible the Jews were treated. And then on top of the mass media, and our children’s textbooks we saturate the public with the idea that it was the Jews that suffered and at the hands of the Bad Germans. The real icing on the cake for me is the forbiddance of any discussion of the issue. In Germany you will be put in jail or fined $5000 for discussing these issues. Here in the States we get shut down by being called racist or a Holocaust denier.  Why can’t we ask the question why would Hitler or the Germans hate the Jews? What were they doing to cause such hate?
And not just in Germany, but Russia too. Why would Lenin and then Stalin starve their own people and why was Hitler so afraid of the Communists infiltration of Russia?
I have watched every documentary made for TV and none answer these questions. Yet it seems that I have found some answers in places we are not supposed look at, but to bring it up is a huge no no.
     What I have found is a frightening correlation to what we are experiencing today with our own media and with it the total lack of values and mores. From what I have read in King’s book it was the desire of Hitler and the German people, along with many Jews too, wanted to rid their country of the stranglehold of the media and the international bankers who were Communist weather Jewish or not. But just like today, the bankers and media were saturated with Talmudic Communism.
If any of you are interested in this topic (it sure does help in understanding what happened in Banat) I have found King’s book insightful along with a documentary called THE GREATEST STORY NEVER TOLD.  Both are filled with a documented information that have made me go “Mmmmm”.

On Apr 1, 2021, at 11:15 AM, Cathy Reece <cre29ece@...> wrote:

[...]

Linda Sohl

Joyce,

If you're interested in understanding world events, you are far better served by reading the works of professional historians, rather than poorly written conspiracy theories by a man whose self-stated expertise is in marketing and advertising.

In any case, I fully agree with Arthur’s perspective on the tragedies of our ancestors faced.

-Linda

On Apr 1, 2021, at 12:24 PM, joyce alessandri <joycealessandri@...> wrote:

[...]

This Forums Rules:
https://banat.groups.io/g/everybody/wiki/17013
This conversation can continue on other Forums if the participants so choose, but I am terminating this thread as it does not comply with the rules for this Forum.
--
David Preston
Banat List Admin