Topics

Request: Fortler, Tussinger, Kurz, Fischer or Tischer (Lowrin/Lovrin) (linked to Ballauer and Holz))

Carla Orvis Hunt

Hi all, happiest of Thursdays. I hope you're all staying warm and safe.

I am new here and have seen recent posts about the Lowrin records. I understand that the family book is no longer available. Is it okay for me to ask if anyone is able to help with those records or advise me? I search for the following ancestors:

My great-great-great grandmother Anna Maria Fortler was born 1815 in Lowrin / Lovrin. (I am not sure which it is? or both?) Amazingly, she lived to migrate to Zillasche (Deutschsanktmichael / Sanmihaui German) and then to the States, passing only in 1914 in Chicago. She lost several children and outlived two husbands; her only son who survived to have children to my knowledge was my great-great grandfather, Franz Ballauer.

Her parents are:
Nikolaus Fortler, born Lovrin on 13 Dec 1801, died 10 Sep 1873 in Lovrin
and Susanna Kurz, born Lovrin 10 May 1803 in Lovrin, died 11 April 1872 in Zillasche.
*I would also love their marriage and/or children record. I have no record of Anna's siblings yet.

It's their parents I especially seek:
1. Karl Fortler, father of Nikolaus Fortler
2. Maria Franciszka Tussinger, mother of Nikolaus Fortler
3. Frank Kurz, father of Susanna Kurz (possible, died 1848 ?)
4. Barbara Fischer (sp? Tischer), mother of Susanna Kurz (possible 1776- 17 Dec 1848 Zillasche)

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you kindly.
Carla

Carla Orvis Hunt
510.375.7413

"Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where
there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong." ~ Ella Fitzgerald

Anna Lorenz

Hello Carla,

I found your family in the familybook of Lovrin and will send you photos of the entries privately.

Anni

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 18. Februar 2021 um 19:37 Uhr
Von: "Carla Orvis Hunt" <carlaorvishunt@...>
An: everybody@banat.groups.io
Betreff: [banat] Request: Fortler, Tussinger, Kurz, Fischer or Tischer (Lowrin/Lovrin) (linked to Ballauer and Holz))
[...]

Dear Anni,

Many, many, many (approximately at least one million :)) thank yous.

Sincerely,