Searching STEIRER in Bocșa Montana - Deutsch Bokschan - Boksánbánya (Romania)

Martin Kempf

Hello,

I already looked up in the Familybook, but couldn't find more than
marked in there which is quite what is on Ancestry as well.
I had contact with a far cousin in US whose ancestor, Ferdinand Nandor
Steirer went to Hungary before immigrating to US. He was the brother of
my grandfather, Franz Steirer (b. 1891). His line: Robert S., Franz S.,
Ignaz S.
I could imagine that more of the Steirers went to Hungary by that time,
or to other locations.

Would be glad to close some gaps in the tree.

Other names in Deutsch-Bokschan: Angster, Wachter, Ebert, Hemmert, Hack,
Kricher, (Bernkopf)

Thank you for your consideration,
Martin Kempf
Germany

Erin Kampf

Hi Martin,

Unfortunately I can't help you with your inquiry, but I was wondering if your Kempf family is from the Banat also. I am researching my Kampf family there. They immigrated to Canada in the early 1900s.

Good luck with your research,
Erin Kampf
Canada

Tibor Tóth

Hello Martin,

unfortunately I'm not researching Deutsch-Bokschan, but I will ask one of my acquaintances who might be able to help. If he succeeds, I'll give you a feedback.

Greetings,

Tibor

Martin Kempf <m-kempf@...> ezt írta (időpont: 2021. nov. 16., K, 23:25):

Hello,

I already looked up in the Familybook, but couldn't find more than
marked in there which is quite what is on Ancestry as well.
I had contact with a far cousin in US whose ancestor, Ferdinand Nandor
Steirer went to Hungary before immigrating to US. He was the brother of
my grandfather, Franz Steirer (b. 1891). His line: Robert S., Franz S.,
Ignaz S.
I could imagine that more of the Steirers went to Hungary by that time,
or to other locations.

Would be glad to close some gaps in the tree.

Other names in Deutsch-Bokschan: Angster, Wachter, Ebert, Hemmert, Hack,
Kricher, (Bernkopf)

Thank you for your consideration,
Martin Kempf
Germany

Martin Kempf

Hello Erin,

Sorry, my Kempf are from Northern Baden, near Wertheim. Some went to US, a lot stayed in Baden...
Kempf is very present in the upper Rhine area, Baden and Alsace. Today in Alsace, there are still a lot of Kempf.

Martin Kempf
Germany

Le 17/11/2021 à 05:24, Erin Kampf a écrit :

Hi Martin,

Unfortunately I can't help you with your inquiry, but I was wondering if your Kempf family is from the Banat also. I am researching my Kampf family there. They immigrated to Canada in the early 1900s.

Good luck with your research,
Erin Kampf
Canada

Erin Kampf

Thanks for your reply Martin. I have yet to find where my Kampf ancestors came from originally, but some of my other lines do originate in Alsace, so that is a possibility. Although some DNA connections point to the upper Rhine area. Hopefully one day I will find them! :)