Topics

Stader Look-up Request: SCHMID(T)

Erin Kampf

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone may be able to check for this family in the appropriate Stader book:

Johannes and Barbara SCHMIDT
I believe they arrived in Heufeld in 1777

Thank you!
Erin Kampf
Vancouver, Canada

Philipp Gerhardt

Although "Johannes SCHMIDT" was probably one of the most common names at that time, there was no Johannes SCHMIDT in Heufeld in 1777. Who should that be? A little more information would be helpful.

Philipp

-----Original-Nachricht-----

Betreff: [banat] Stader Look-up Request: SCHMID(T)

Datum: 2021-02-07T02:28:43+0100

Von: "Erin Kampf" <erin.kampf@...>

An: "everybody@banat.groups.io" <everybody@banat.groups.io>

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone may be able to check for this family in the appropriate Stader book:

Johannes and Barbara SCHMIDT
I believe they arrived in Heufeld in 1777

Thank you!
Erin Kampf
Vancouver, Canada

Erin Kampf

Hi Philipp,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't have any more information. I found this couple noted in the Allocation of House Numbers (Zuteilung der Hausnummern) for Heufeld. They are the first listed for House 42 (although Johann is crossed out and I cannot read what is written above). My ancestor Sebastian SCHMIDT is listed second, so I am guessing these may be his parents, or at least probably related in some way. See attached for the record in question. Would appreciate any insight you or others may have.

Best regards,
Erin

Anna Lorenz

Hi Erin,
I read Fridrich Schmidt over the crossed out Johann and his wife Barbara
Anni

Gesendet: Sonntag, 07. Februar 2021 um 18:28 Uhr
Von: "Erin Kampf" <erin.kampf@...>
An: everybody@banat.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [banat] Stader Look-up Request: SCHMID(T)
Hi Philipp,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't have any more information. I found this couple noted in the Allocation of House Numbers (Zuteilung der Hausnummern) for Heufeld. They are the first listed for House 42 (although Johann is crossed out and I cannot read what is written above). My ancestor Sebastian SCHMIDT is listed second, so I am guessing these may be his parents, or at least probably related in some way. See attached for the record in question. Would appreciate any insight you or others may have.

Best regards,
Erin

And if you would like to see a map of the Village of Heufeld, here is a link:
https://www.danube-swabians.org/HeufledMap.htm

--
David Preston
Banat List Admin

Erin Kampf

@Anni - Yes, it certainly could be. Very difficult for me to decipher. Do you know what it says after his name and before "et Barbara uxor"?
@David - Thanks for the map. Very interesting. I have not seen that before. I must come by my love of wine honestly - so many vineyards ;)

Philipp Gerhardt

Namen des Besitzers                                              Überkommungs-Art [kind of transfer of the ground]

---

Fridrich SCHMIDT ein Bauer                                    Durch die erste ordentliche                                     22 October 1777

et Barbara uxor                                                        Grundes-Eintheillung [by the first land allotment]

---

Sebastian SCHMIDT ein Bauer                                Durch Übergabe-Kontrakt[??]                                  2 May 1798

und Rosina dessen Eheweib                                    von seinem Vater [by transfer contract from his father]

----

So this shows that Friedrich SCHMIDT and Barbara were the parents of your ancestor Sebastian SCHMIDT.

Friedrich SCHMIDT is Stader No.48686:

SCHMIDT Friedrich, von Weidebach aus dem Römischen Reich [unbestimmt], reg. Wien 16.05.1766, ins Banat

WK 65/52 = BanA Fasz 35, rNr 148 fol 457b = Abs Bd. II S.55

WILHELM and KALLBRUNNER (WK) did not find an appropriate place of origin "Weidebach" and made only the remark "unbestimmt" (undetermined).

Friedrich SCHMIDT was registered together with two others from the same "Weidebach":

WK 65/50-52: Peter MILLER, Johannes ENDER, Fridrich SCHMID

Maybe this could help, if you know the other persons.

There is a "Weidenbach" (Oberkirch) north-east of Offenburg, Baden.

Philipp

Von: "Erin Kampf" <erin.kampf@...>

An: "everybody@banat.groups.io" <everybody@banat.groups.io>

@Anni - Yes, it certainly could be. Very difficult for me to decipher. Do you know what it says after his name and before "et Barbara uxor"?
@David - Thanks for the map. Very interesting. I have not seen that before. I must come by my love of wine honestly - so many vineyards ;)

Erin Kampf

Thank you, Philipp!!! This is so helpful. I really appreciate it.