Topics

Stader Look-up Requests: GERHARD, LEUTNER, LUX, REB

Erin Kampf

Hi all,

I am looking for Stader entries for a number of my families, if anyone is able to help.

GERHARD(T)
Johann, b abt 1745, Lothringen
Likely single or with parents (married 1774 in St. Hubert)

LEUTNER (LEITNER)
Anna Maria, b abt 1750, Lothringen
Likely with parents (married 1774 in St. Hubert)

LUX
Johann, b 17 Jul 1720, Reinheim, Saarland
arrived Banat 27 Jun 1770 with wife, 3 sons, 3 daughters
(Stader may incorrectly note arrival as 20 Oct 1770. I believe this is the date given in WK, but it seems to be for a different Johann LUX, age 28 and single.)

REB (REEB) (Stader #42569)
Heinrich Daniel, b 3 Jun 1724, Hangard, Saarland
arrived Banat 28 May 1770 with wife, 3 sons, 5 daughters

Thank you for any help you can provide. Best wishes for 2021.
Erin Kampf
Vancouver, Canada

Philipp Gerhardt

Hello Erin,

The origin of Johann GERHARD(T) and Anna Maria LEUTNER is a bit tricky to find. Their marriage was in Sankt Hubert, 11 January 1774. In this marriage entry (page 151 of the Sankt Hubert church-book, image 160) one can find the house number 77 of Johannes GERHARD in Heufeld, which is also given in Josef Kühn's Familienbuch Heufeld-Mastort (family no. 0951). In the same church-book one can also find the death record of Margaretha CLEMENT (image 427: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CS6C-SVWY?i=426&cat=12702 ), 22 June 1772 in the same house (77 in Heufeld) with the remark "nata in Wirtersbourg [or Wittersbourg] in Lothar.[ingia] german. mortua in Heufeld", 54 years old. Her origin is most probably Vittersbourg, south-west of Val-de-Gueblange, Moselle in France.

There was indeed a family of Jean GERARD and Marguerithe CLEMENT in Vittersbourg, but this could be only the father of Johann GERHARDT in Heufeld:

Go to the Archives Départementales de la Moselle ( http://www.archives57.com/index.php/recherches/archives-en-ligne/registres-paroissiaux ) -> Vittersbourg -> Rechercher -> baptemes, mariages, sépultures 1769-1779 -> page 6: There is a marriage of Nicolas ANTHOINE (ANTOINE) and Anne GERARD, 26 September 1769:

"Anne GERARD, fille de feu Jean GERARD et de Marguerithe CLEMENT de Vittersbourg", with her brother Michel GERARD as a witness. Michel GÉRARD can be found also in Geneanet (e.g. https://gw.geneanet.org/patberg?lang=de&pz=patricia+nicolle+jeanne+renee&nz=berg&p=michel&n=gerard ). It is not quite clear who their father Jean GÉRARD was, I think he was born 28 October 1707 in Steinbach, Val-de-Gueblange as the son of Jean GÉRARD (born about 1658, died 6 March 1728 in Steinbach) and his second wife Catherine EVRARD (born about 1666, died 22 March 1755 in Steinbach).

Nicolas ANTOINE (Stader no. 00909, in Vienna 30 April 1770) emigrated to Gottlob and died there 18 January 1778, his wife Anne GÉRARD died in Gottlob 18 January 1776, 25 years old.

At the same day, 30 April 1770, there was a Johann GERARD in Vienna - Stader no. 14815 ("Bauer, 20 Jahre, ledig, 1 Person aus Deutsch-Lothringen, Ankunft 21.05.1770"), This is WK 120/29. Arrival document: (5) BanA Fasz 35, rNr 156, fol 112b. You should be able to find this!

Happy researching,

Philipp

-----Original-Nachricht-----

Betreff: [banat] Stader Look-up Requests: GERHARD, LEUTNER, LUX, REB

Datum: 2021-01-04T00:13:15+0100

Von: "Erin Kampf" <erin.kampf@...>

An: "everybody@banat.groups.io" <everybody@banat.groups.io>

[...]

Hi Philipp,

Thank you for all of this information! That is quite the puzzle you have put together. I certainly have some work ahead of me here. Given your surname - are you related to this Gerhardt (or Gerard) family?

Thank you again,
Erin

Wayne Bartl

Erin.  I believe the below is the link to the Arrival document: (5) BanA Fasz 35, rNr 156, fol 112b for your Johann GERARD in Vienna - Stader no. 14815 - that Philipp provided.

Thanks to your inquiries and all the responses I have learned a lot more about the Vienna registration documents and sources.

Wayne

On Sun, Jan 3, 2021 at 5:13 PM Erin Kampf <erin.kampf@...> wrote:
[...]

Yes, somehow we are ALL related - in some way! If your Johann GERHARD was the grandson of Jean GÉRARD *1658, and if this Jean GERARD was the brother of Mathis GÉRARD *1650 in Blancheoreille (Comté de Bouillon, now in Belgium) who came to Val-de-Gueblange in the 1670's, my computer says that we could be cousins by marriage of a cousin of my great-aunt by marriage (or something like that), because my great-uncle married Barbara TIPOLD *1905 in Rudolfsgnad, and her cousin Katharina TIPOLD *1906 married Nikolaus GULDNER, son of Magdalena GERHARDT *1876 who could have been a direct descendant (6 generations) of Mathis GÉRARD *1650. But no real bloodline - sorry! GERHARDT and GÉRARD are just common names in Germany and northern France and Belgium, respectively.

But your Heinrich Daniel REB was the father-in-law of my gr-gr-gr-gr-gr-grandfather Caspar KELLER by his first marriage.

Philipp

-----Original-Nachricht-----

Datum: 2021-01-05T03:27:42+0100

Von: "Erin Kampf" <erin.kampf@...>

An: "everybody@banat.groups.io" <everybody@banat.groups.io>

Hi Philipp,

Thank you for all of this information! That is quite the puzzle you have put together. I certainly have some work ahead of me here. Given your surname - are you related to this Gerhardt (or Gerard) family?

Thank you again,
Erin

Erin Kampf

Wayne - I'm glad that conversation has been helpful to you as well. And thank you for sending this link. Not only does it include Johann Gerhard age 20, but it also includes Margaretha Clement, age 48, widow, with 1 son, 1 daughter, and Nicola Anton, age 28, married, with 1 son, 4 daughters, who appear to be some of the people Philipp mentioned in his previous post. Margaretha is directly above Johann and Nicola(s) is 2 pages back (on the same day).

And Philipp - well, that is quite the lineage we don't share LOL. Thank you so much for your help, "cousin" :)

Mark Zajac

Hi Erin,

I have the Heimatbuch for Heufeld-Mastort-Ruskodorf and found some entries on Johann Lux and Heinrich Daniel Reeb (and his son Daniel Reeb).  Hopefully that helps!

Coincidentally, Daniel Reeb was married to my 6th great-grandmother Katharina Senser after they were both widowed.

Regards,
Mark

Erin Kampf

HI Mark - Thanks for sending these! I will have to go through them to see if there is new info. Appreciate it! And small world :)