Topics

Stader request Ballauer/Pallauer/Palauer

Darlene Broomall

Hello all
Could someone please help me find my ancestors on Stader.
Peter Ballauer oo Barbara Joppa Gertianosch 1799
Peter had a sister Barbara who married
Peter Mininger in 1807 in Gy
Peter had a brother Joannes who married Catherina Nauer  around 1807

I am looking for the parents of these 3 siblings.  I have not been able to find evidence of the parents in GY, nor are they in
Wilhelm and Kallbrunner.

Could there be another variation of the name?  Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thank you
Darlene Broomall

Carla Orvis Hunt

Hi Darlene!

I am also in search of Peter’s parents, and maybe we can help each other:-) He and Barbara are my fifth great grands!

Would you share your source on the siblings? I was just digging around to try and determine that. Also, the DSM family book is almost to me from Germany, yay, maybe it will give a clue.

Look forward to hearing from you,
Carla
#Ballauer #Gertianosch #Jobba #Jopa

Cathy Reece

Dear Carla,
Source of sibling’s of Peter Ballauer is a genealogist in Romania. He researched this family for us. Peter Ballauer is 5 generations from Darlene and I.

What’s your source for parents of Peter Ballauer?
I have Wilhelm and Kallbrunner and I’m searching for Franz Ballauer in W/K now.Cathy R.

On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 8:29 AM Carla Orvis Hunt <carlaorvishunt@...> wrote:

Hi Darlene!

I am also in search of Peter’s parents, and maybe we can help each other:-) He and Barbara are my fifth great grands!

Would you share your source on the siblings? I was just digging around to try and determine that. Also, the DSM family book is almost to me from Germany, yay, maybe it will give a clue.

Look forward to hearing from you,
Carla
#Ballauer #Gertianosch #Jobba #Jopa

Darlene Broomall

Carla
Just got your email.
I see that my cousin Cathy has already gotten back to you.
Glad to see we have common ancestors.
What is your source of Peter's parent's names? And that they are from DSM?  We have been searching  for them forever..

Thank you for getting back to me and your interest in our ancestors.
Darlene

I am also in search of Peter’s parents, and maybe we can help each other:-) He and Barbara are my fifth great grands!

Would you share your source on the siblings? I was just digging around to try and determine that. Also, the DSM family book is almost to me from Germany, yay, maybe it will give a clue.

Look forward to hearing from you,
Carla
#Ballauer #Gertianosch #Jobba #Jopa

Carla Orvis Hunt

Hi Ladies!!! How wonderful!

That certainly must make us cousins... of some distinction. :):)

To be clear: I am SEARCHING for Peter Ballauer's parents, also. I do not know them. It seems Cathy may be ahead of me since she has siblings and possible parents names.

What I have is from the #Gertianosch Family Book and a few other sources, search run for me by the author of the Gert Family Book because I wanted to purchase it but it's out of print (and because he's amazing like that).

Additionally, the DSM family book is currently en route to my house! It arrived NY last night from Germany, so arriving here this week, I imagine. It *may* have more info about Peter or something that leads us to him??

Here's the basic dates/places of what I know, if it helps, from records mentioned above:

From records:

1. (my emigrant great grandmother is Katharina Ballauer, b. 19 July 1899, DSM)
2. her parents are Franz Ballauer (b. 1858 DSM / d. Illinois) and Margaretha Holz (b. 1859 DSM / d. Indiana)
3. Franz Ballauer's parents are Josef Ballauer (b. Gertianosch / d. 1878 DSM) and Anna Maria Fortler (b. 1835 Lovrin / d. States)
4. Josef Ballauer's parents are Jakob Ballauer (b. 1801 Gertianosch / d. 1866 Gertianosch) and Katharina Remich (sp? Remmich?) (b. 1794 Newubeschenowa / d. 1854 Gertianosch)
5. Jakob's parents are Peter Ballauer (b. circa 1776, unknown location  / d. 1836 Gertianosch) and Barbara Jobba (sp? Jopa?) (b. 01 MARCH 1782 Wiltz, Luxemburg / d. 10 OCT 1853 Gertianosch)
NO INFO ON PETER's PARENTS; but to trace Barbara, I have her parents as:
Johann Jobba (son of J. Ferdinand and Barbara Berg) (Johann Jobba, born 19 JULY 1757 Wiltz, Lux / d. 04 MAR 1781 Wiltz, Lux)
AND
Margarethe Mertes (daughter of Peter Johann and Anna Katharina Differding) (Margarethe born 06 APR 1760 Dahl, Luxemburg / no death info)

I also have notes on Johann's arrival to Banat, and record of his daughter Barbara's marriage to Peter, 1799 no location but probably? Gertianosch.

I can also go back to the Gertianosch author and ask; I thought I would look in the DSM book first when it gets here so as not to bug him unnecessarily.

Look forward to hearing back,
Carla

Carla Orvis Hunt
510.375.7413

"Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where
there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong." ~ Ella Fitzgerald

On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 9:39 PM Darlene Broomall <djones000@...> wrote:
Carla
Just got your email.
I see that my cousin Cathy has already gotten back to you.
Glad to see we have common ancestors.
What is your source of Peter's parent's names? And that they are from DSM?  We have been searching  for them forever..

Thank you for getting back to me and your interest in our ancestors.
Darlene

I am also in search of Peter’s parents, and maybe we can help each other:-) He and Barbara are my fifth great grands!

Would you share your source on the siblings? I was just digging around to try and determine that. Also, the DSM family book is almost to me from Germany, yay, maybe it will give a clue.

Look forward to hearing from you,
Carla
#Ballauer #Gertianosch #Jobba #Jopa

Carla Orvis Hunt

Cathy: are Wilhelm and Kallbrunner places? If so, do you know if they were Hungary, Austria, or... then? I can probably help search on that level.

On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 8:45 PM Cathy Reece <cre29ece@...> wrote:
Dear Carla,
Source of sibling’s of Peter Ballauer is a genealogist in Romania. He researched this family for us. Peter Ballauer is 5 generations from Darlene and I.

What’s your source for parents of Peter Ballauer?
I have Wilhelm and Kallbrunner and I’m searching for Franz Ballauer in W/K now.Cathy R.

On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 8:29 AM Carla Orvis Hunt <carlaorvishunt@...> wrote:

Hi Darlene!

I am also in search of Peter’s parents, and maybe we can help each other:-) He and Barbara are my fifth great grands!

Would you share your source on the siblings? I was just digging around to try and determine that. Also, the DSM family book is almost to me from Germany, yay, maybe it will give a clue.

Look forward to hearing from you,
Carla
#Ballauer #Gertianosch #Jobba #Jopa

Joe Steirer

Any info on theresia steier, kiskunhalas, around 1850. Thanks much, Joe Steirer.