Translation

dakotagirl

Found my great grandmother’s Bible/hymnal and she had this passage marked. Can anyone help me translate?

Rudolf Huepfl

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 04:17 AM, dakotagirl wrote:
Found my great grandmother’s Bible/hymnal and she had this passage marked. Can anyone help me translate?

Well, let me try; but it will not be nice English. Rudolf

And now my friends and relatives,
all those who are present here,
and all who are knows to me,
Those who have escorted me to the my grave,
Oh, remember me,
even when I am no more with you.
O Lord! into the hands of your father I commend my spirits,
turn Your gracious eye towards me,
have mercy on my soul,
when you sit in court,
do not cast off your creature

Cathy Reece

With the help of “Google Translate”
If anyone whose native language is German wishes to correct please tell free.
This looks correct to me.
It’s a very sweet prayer:

Line by line starting at the top:

Around your friends and relatives

All of you are young

And also everyone I know

You who  accompany me to the grave

Oh, remember mine

Because I also will not be

Oh Lord, in your father’s hands

I commend my spirit,

Turn your gracious eyes on me,

Have mercy on my poor soul

When you sit in judgement

Don’t cast off your creation

Cathy

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 7:17 AM dakotagirl via groups.io <dakotagirl=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:
Found my great grandmother’s Bible/hymnal and she had this passage marked. Can anyone help me translate?

Cathy Reece

Rudolf,
I think your translation is wonderful— a few of the words in mine are slightly different, but your has a poetic rhythm when I read it.
Cathy

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 9:27 AM Rudolf Huepfl via groups.io <huepfl=chello.at@groups.io> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 04:17 AM, dakotagirl wrote:
Found my great grandmother’s Bible/hymnal and she had this passage marked. Can anyone help me translate?

Well, let me try; but it will not be nice English. Rudolf

And now my friends and relatives,
all those who are present here,
and all who are knows to me,
Those who have escorted me to the my grave,
Oh, remember me,
even when I am no more with you.
O Lord! into the hands of your father I commend my spirits,
turn Your gracious eye towards me,
have mercy on my soul,
when you sit in court,
do not cast off your creature

dakotagirl

Thanks everyone for your time and assistance!!

On Apr 26, 2021, at 6:13 AM, Brett Mayer <dakotagirl@...> wrote:

Thank you everyone, I truly appreciate the help and time spent!!