Welcome Tibor Tóth

Below is a message from our newest Member Tibor Tóth. I am forwarding his first message to let everyone know about him and his resources.

New Members first posts are usually held for moderation, but I wanted to make sure you all saw his post ASAP, as he has a wealth of information to share.

He can be reached at lemilpromo@...
=================================
Dear list members!

I am Tibor Tóth (59) from Hungary and - as hobby genealogist - I have been doing family research for about 10 years. Since the majority of my ancestors originates from the Banat, both paternally and maternally, I primarily research this region.

In the course of my research, I have been able to obtain a number of church registers (mainly Roman Catholics, Calvinists, and Lutherans). There are some that I downloaded from the internet (FamilySearch, Ancestry, etc.), there are some that I bought, I exchanged others with fellow researchers, and there are some that I photographed myself in the state archives in Timisoara and in various village parishes. My collection currently contains the church registers of about 300 GB in size and from about 80-85 settlements belonging to Romania and Serbia, which were mainly inhabited by Germans and Hungarians at that time, for different periods. There are villages from which I have only one volume (20 years) of birth certificates, but there are also some that contain baptism, matrimony and funeral records from 1750 to 1990.

I would like to join the list to find exchange partners and, to the best of my knowledge, to help those who are also mapping out their ancestors' footsteps in Banat.

I have been building my own family tree for 10 years, which currently consists of 1,800 people, the oldest identified ancestors of whom were born around 1720-1730 in Eastern Hungary and the Banat. If needed, I will make a list of my collection and share it with the list.

Stay safe,

Tibor

John & Kathy Wilczynski

Amazing!

Yes, indeed.

I forgot to mention to please use the usual email address to post questions to Tibor now that he is a Member: everybody@banat.groups.io
--
David Preston
Banat List Admin

Shannon Frauenhoffer

Tibor,

Welcome! It sounds like you have done some amazing work. I hope to learn more from you in my quest about my husband’s Banat ancestors.

Shannon Frauenhoffer

On Nov 16, 2021, at 11:13 AM, David Preston <banatmailer@...> wrote:

Yes, indeed.

I forgot to mention to please use the usual email address to post questions to Tibor now that he is a Member: everybody@banat.groups.io
--
David Preston
Banat List Admin

Tibor Tóth

Hello Shannon,

thank you! I'm glad to be here and I'm ready to assist the members, if I can!

Take care,

Tibor

Shannon Frauenhoffer <Shannonf314@...> ezt írta (időpont: 2021. nov. 16., K, 18:52):

Tibor,

Welcome! It sounds like you have done some amazing work. I hope to learn more from you in my quest about my husband’s Banat ancestors.

Shannon Frauenhoffer

On Nov 16, 2021, at 11:13 AM, David Preston <banatmailer@...> wrote:

Yes, indeed.

I forgot to mention to please use the usual email address to post questions to Tibor now that he is a Member: everybody@banat.groups.io
--
David Preston
Banat List Admin

Joe Steirer

Timor, I would be interested in research from
kiskunhalas.

On Tuesday, November 16, 2021, 11:04:49 AM EST, David Preston <banatmailer@...> wrote:

[...]

Barbara Slisz

Shannon Frauenhoffer,

First I hope I am sending this correctly.  Shannon might you be related to John S. Frauenhoffer b 1876 Gatalya, Temes, Hungary d 1944 Missouri, married to Katherine Schmidt b 1862 Pardany, Hungary d 1955 Missouri?
Katherine Schmidt's mother Ana Baumgartner was the sister of my great grandmother Anna Marie Baumgartner b Pardany d Chicago.

Barb Slisz

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 11:52 AM Shannon Frauenhoffer <Shannonf314@...> wrote:
Tibor,

Welcome! It sounds like you have done some amazing work. I hope to learn more from you in my quest about my husband’s Banat ancestors.

Shannon Frauenhoffer

On Nov 16, 2021, at 11:13 AM, David Preston <banatmailer@...> wrote:

Yes, indeed.

I forgot to mention to please use the usual email address to post questions to Tibor now that he is a Member: everybody@banat.groups.io
--
David Preston
Banat List Admin

Tibor Tóth

Hello Joe,

I'm sorry, but I don't have registers from this town and I'm not researching Kiskunhalas, but on Family Search you can find some 35 online registers (church, state, military and taxation resiters).

This is the link:

Greetings,

Tibor