Topics

Your Dreyer Database: Banat Passenger Ship Extractions

Dave Dreyer

Loralee,

You sound like a North Dakota Banater.

The passenger ship database on the old Rootsweb website is divided into two parts,  1. All the guys who were associated with ND or Eastern Montana.  2. The main database which contains all other Banaters.

For the ND section go to http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~banatdata/genealogy/ND/NDakota.htm

If you go to Banat books.com and chose the tab on the left you will get to the Josefsdorf-North Dakota Family register which contains family blocks for your Duckhorns and Dolwigs.

I might note that Josette Hatter and I published the diary of Jakob Dolwig kept during his trip from the Banat to ND in our History of German-Hungarian Pioneers in Western ND.

I appears that many of Johann Dolwig’s kids moved to the Bay area and some probably lived within a few blocks of where I now live.

Dave Dreyer

Fom: Loralee Wellington
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 4:24 PM
To: ddreyer@...
Subject: Your Dreyer Database: Banat Passenger Ship Extractions

Hello David,

I am writing to ask if you have any idea why several people who were in your database are not there anymore. Two whole family lines that I KNOW were there - several members in each line - just aren't there any longer. I've searched by surname and by village (because I remembered the village names.)

I had saved all the info about both families on my computer, but lost it all in 2017 in a wildfire. I never dreamed it would also disappear from your database!

Any clue why that would happen?

Thank you, 

Loralee Wellington

(The two  surnames were Jacob DOLWIG (head of the family which included Johann as a teen or twenty-something son. They came from Bakowa., and Anton DUCKHORN, daughter Anna. I can't remember other names. They came from Tolwadia.)

Cathy Reece

Dear Dave Dreyer,
in a different post on the Banat list your gave informatio n on Anton Kraemer's paper in " De Femiljefuerscher"

The paper was regarding Luvxemburg emigration to the Banat and was entitled ""Luxemburgische Ansiedler-familien in Banater Ortschaften"

This would help me greatly in my genealogical research. I've been unable to locate it.  The Institut Fuer Donauschwaebische Geschichte und Landeskunde has a Tubingen postal address.  I do not know if they have the Jan 2005 edition..

Do you have any idea how to obtain a copy of this paper?

World CAT may be able to access it,however I cannot find a World Cat library I can access.

You are an invaluable resource for us. Thank you so much for sharing with the list.

Sincerely,
Cathy Reece

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 10:19 PM Dave Dreyer <ddreyer@...> wrote:

Loralee,

The passenger ship database on the old Rootsweb website is divided into two parts,  1. All the guys who were associated with ND or Eastern Montana.  2. The main database which contains all other Banaters.

For the ND section go to http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~banatdata/genealogy/ND/NDakota.htm

If you go to Banat books.com and chose the tab on the left you will get to the Josefsdorf-North Dakota Family register which contains family blocks for your Duckhorns and Dolwigs.

I might note that Josette Hatter and I published the diary of Jakob Dolwig kept during his trip from the Banat to ND in our History of German-Hungarian Pioneers in Western ND.

I appears that many of Johann Dolwig’s kids moved to the Bay area and some probably lived within a few blocks of where I now live.

Dave Dreyer

Hello David,

I am writing to ask if you have any idea why several people who were in your database are not there anymore. Two whole family lines that I KNOW were there - several members in each line - just aren't there any longer. I've searched by surname and by village (because I remembered the village names.)

I had saved all the info about both families on my computer, but lost it all in 2017 in a wildfire. I never dreamed it would also disappear from your database!

Thank you, 

Loralee Wellington

(The two  surnames were Jacob DOLWIG (head of the family which included Johann as a teen or twenty-something son. They came from Bakowa., and Anton DUCKHORN, daughter Anna. I can't remember other names. They came from Tolwadia.)

Dave Dreyer

Cathy,

I have a copy of the paper here.  It is a 68 page reprint.  I do not have any way of sending it or a copy to you.  If you live nearby here in the Bay Area I can lend it to you if you want to stop by.

It was published by the “Association Luxembourgeoise de Generalogie.  Their email address is www.genealogie.lu and you might send them a message to see if they have reprints available.  

Another possibility is to go to the Luxemburg section of  Gen forum and put in a query to see if anyone knows how to get a copy through interlibrary loan.

If it is just a question of a couple of names, you could send them to me and I can send you the data.

Dave Dreyer

Sent: Friday, July 17, 2020 2:16 PM
To: everybody@banat.groups.io
Subject: Re: [banat] Your Dreyer Database: Banat Passenger Ship Extractions

Dear Dave Dreyer,

in a different post on the Banat list your gave informatio n on Anton Kraemer's paper in " De Femiljefuerscher"

The paper was regarding Luvxemburg emigration to the Banat and was entitled ""Luxemburgische Ansiedler-familien in Banater Ortschaften"

This would help me greatly in my genealogical research. I've been unable to locate it.  The Institut Fuer Donauschwaebische Geschichte und Landeskunde has a Tubingen postal address.  I do not know if they have the Jan 2005 edition..

World CAT may be able to access it,however I cannot find a World Cat library I can access.

You are an invaluable resource for us. Thank you so much for sharing with the list.

Sincerely,

Cathy Reece

Loralee,

Dave Dreyer

Hello David,

Thank you, 

Loralee Wellington

Cathy Reece

Dear Dave,
My cousin did some searching and found Anton Kraemers paper on a website. 
I appreciate your offer; however Iive in Kentucky.

I was able to find what I was looking for in the paper.

Thank you again.
Sincerely,
Cathy Reece

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 6:16 PM Dave Dreyer <ddreyer@...> wrote:

Cathy,

I have a copy of the paper here.  It is a 68 page reprint.  I do not have any way of sending it or a copy to you.  If you live nearby here in the Bay Area I can lend it to you if you want to stop by.

It was published by the “Association Luxembourgeoise de Generalogie.  Their email address is www.genealogie.lu and you might send them a message to see if they have reprints available.  

Another possibility is to go to the Luxemburg section of  Gen forum and put in a query to see if anyone knows how to get a copy through interlibrary loan.

If it is just a question of a couple of names, you could send them to me and I can send you the data.

Dave Dreyer

Dear Dave Dreyer,

Sincerely,

Cathy Reece

Loralee,

Dave Dreyer

Hello David,

Thank you, 

Loralee Wellington

Dave Dreyer

Cathy,

Very Good!

Dave Dreyer

Sent: Friday, July 24, 2020 11:05 PM

Dear Dave,

Thank you again.

Sincerely,

Cathy Reece

Cathy,

Dave Dreyer

Dear Dave Dreyer,

Sincerely,

Cathy Reece

Loralee,

Dave Dreyer

Hello David,

Thank you, 

Loralee Wellington

Cathy Reece

Thanks 
Dave

Cathy

On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 11:44 PM Dave Dreyer <ddreyer@...> wrote:

Cathy,

Very Good!

Dave Dreyer

Sent: Friday, July 24, 2020 11:05 PM

Dear Dave,

Thank you again.

Sincerely,

Cathy Reece

Cathy,

Dave Dreyer

Dear Dave Dreyer,

Sincerely,

Cathy Reece

Loralee,

Dave Dreyer

Hello David,

Thank you, 

Loralee Wellington