Topics

Your Dreyer Database: Banat Passenger Ship Extractions

Dave Dreyer

Loralee,

You sound like a North Dakota Banater.

The passenger ship database on the old Rootsweb website is divided into two parts,  1. All the guys who were associated with ND or Eastern Montana.  2. The main database which contains all other Banaters.

For the ND section go to http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~banatdata/genealogy/ND/NDakota.htm

If you go to Banat books.com and chose the tab on the left you will get to the Josefsdorf-North Dakota Family register which contains family blocks for your Duckhorns and Dolwigs.

I might note that Josette Hatter and I published the diary of Jakob Dolwig kept during his trip from the Banat to ND in our History of German-Hungarian Pioneers in Western ND.

I appears that many of Johann Dolwig’s kids moved to the Bay area and some probably lived within a few blocks of where I now live.

Dave Dreyer